Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Choco left Tigers because he had lymphona. I presume he has recovered, or is in remission.

Strange that he hasn't been able to get a gig in the AFL system. Or maybe not. Left Giants a year early because he wasn't getting the top banana job after Sheedy. Maybe clubs see him as being a bit disruptive. Must be hard being an ex premiership coach in a junior role, especially if you think the people above you are peanuts.

Well credentialed and a wealth of knowledge but you will need team players. Football department maybe. Choco was Clarko's mentor in 2003/2004.

So in your experience, being coached by him this year, do you think he has what it takes to connect with the younger players in terms of both coaching and player development?

If the choice was yours would you hire him in some sort of role? You’ve obviously had the most recent experience with him.

I would say yes. He has been coacing amateurs fir the past 2 years, but i have also heard on radio on sen lately. So i think he has keot up with things

Haven't posted for awhile, so I may Sandra Sully, but due to Kingsley departing to Richmond, has any one mentioned who is departing Richmond's coaching staff, and have we enquired about who may leave that could help us.

Ben Rutten is leaving...going to Essendon.
24glv8i.jpg

Hey guys, have you applied for a priority draft pick, or whatever it will be? Not having a second or third rounder is a bit of a killer in this years draft.

I don't think Richo is a good coach but he has been cruelled a bit by your list. (Every team has injuries.) Your early picks that should be blossoming now have been disappointing, for various reasons. Clarko was lucky that he had some gems to work with. 2001 Hodge, second best ever number one behind Nick and in 2004, the year before he started, Roughead, a priority pick, Buddy at pick five, (Tiggers took Tambling at 4) and Lewis at seven. We also had Sam Mitchell in that period. Helps to be a good coach if you have players like that already in your system!

Can you guys remember when we both used to play games in Tassie? Then you got good and could get good crowds in Melbourne, so you pulled out. I remember those days. We could never beat you no matter how hard we tried. The wheel turns, slow as it may seem. It's a pity you couldn't grab a flag when you were at your peak, but that might have destroyed the romance of your club.

Lethlean is dreaming comparing you to the Tigers. Shades of the Road to 2018. They have a couple of Browlow medalists, the Coleman medalist and the AA fullback (undeserved IMO). Importantly they don't have Richo!

I'll toodle off to my own board to see who we have signed up for next year, in our dreams. Bye week is so boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping the coach who won the award as Best Assistant Coach last year, will be offered Richo's job. Idont think it would take much to talk him around.

You'd imagine our useless ruck coach might have his sweaty paws on his contract right now, searching for the section about pay out clauses.
Slobodan Milosevic or whatever his name is ? Where did they find the guy , as I'd never heard of him. Richo seemed to surround himself with coaches who couldn't challenge him

Anyone know how/why Sexton is keeping his job? With him being at the club so long and with him coming through with Lyon, it's pretty clear he and us need a break from each other... his tactical skill-set is outdated.

Why is he still there?
Maybe Richo's a fan

2lny7mu.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back