Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

"He's had a couple of issues, physically. Nothing that a rest will fix, unfortunately. He needs to continue to play and that's my understanding at this stage.

"At the moment, he just hasn't been able to get it done, and I'd expect him to go back and get his body right and be much more explosive in terms of the way he moves. We expect him to get back into the team."

I don't get it. A rest won't fix it, so he's going back to the VFL to get his body right? Does that even make any sense?

So much hate on here - go support another club if you think we're a rabble

I'm sure you'll find heaps of other club's with massive problems at the moment to point out like the bombers, blues and GWS!
The others are irrelevant. I couldn't care less about them. Straw man argument. Think about it instead of going the emotional attack. The problem is, if nothing changes, plenty will drop off and already there are many not turning up this year. If you want to stay in denial about the gravity of the current situation, be my guest.

How else would you describe us ATM? Going beautifully, aren't we? I've been a supporter and member for 48 years. Unfortunately, I've see too much of this. I'm a saint for life. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express a negative opinion. After all, my viewpoint seems to be supported by a fair bit of evidence.

So much hate on here - go support another club if you think we're a rabble

I'm sure you'll find heaps of other club's with massive problems at the moment to point out like the bombers, blues and GWS!
Don't look now punter, but the word rabble has been used quite a bit on here recently. Maybe we should all just piss off and barrack for other teams. That'll fix everything.

Yep. What I don't get is that this was not just a Scott Watters-style maverick whim, this was cleared by our medical department, all the coaches and the player group. Apparently Armitage is so indispensable to our team that even if his hamstrings are not right, we need him to keep him out there running around FOR A MONTH despite losing every single game by a considerable amount, and his physical contribution being one of the poorest in the team.

Now I've said recently that one of the biggest things the team lacks right now is on-field leadership so I'll concede that having a relatively old head on the ground lately might coincide with our increased determination and coherence in games, but come on! We're still losing by heaps and the players are still having nightmarish performances, we're still a rabble. How much would it really have cost us if we'd replaced him with a fit player? Let's be honest: Armo is NOT Roo, or even Joey. He's had one good season and been mediocre otherwise. His sole benefit right now is his experience.

So the coaches must have said "well players play through injuries all the time, we need that experience out there to help stop the young kids' heads dropping", and everyone OKed it, or at least didn't resist.

I am really running out of hope that this group of coaches and so on can pull us out of this mess and I didn't have a lot to start with. Let's hope that someone at the club is considering who can come into our club with a strong vision that they can implement asap, and is working like crazy to get said person/people in.
There's nothing new about players playing injured. For something like tendinitis they will often continue to put guys on field for extended periods. Its been our policy lately anyway, so why the shock and outrage???

The others are irrelevant. I couldn't care less about them. Straw man argument. Think about it instead of going the emotional attack. The problem is, if nothing changes, plenty will drop off and already there are many not turning up this year. If you want to stay in denial about the gravity of the current situation, be my guest.

How else would you describe us ATM? Going beautifully, aren't we? I've been a supporter and member for 48 years. Unfortunately, I've see too much of this. I'm a saint for life. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express a negative opinion. After all, my viewpoint seems to be supported by a fair bit of evidence.
Of course you can express negative opinions Drake, but you have to do it in a positive manner. Calling players "straw men" is highly emotive language and people can misunderstand what you mean pretty easily. Take what richo said today. Do you really think he was serious about it or just taking the piss? You'v got to take it all with a grain of sand or you'll end up thinking any of it never matters in the first place!! Thats IMO anyway..

There's nothing new about players playing injured. For something like tendinitis they will often continue to put guys on field for extended periods. Its been our policy lately anyway, so why the shock and outrage???
Because it didn't work the first time, why do they keep doing it when it seems to have little benefit?

Like rats escaping a sinking ship....

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

- saints twist. I think simon lethlean quietly interested in melbourne CEO role. Currently asking all the big questions, in charge of fixing saints footy issues. - dahlhaus and dogs a long way apart on $$
Smoking Gun?
I was very surprised with the Lethlean interview, particularly when he pointed the finger at the mid career players but then made his exceptions, if I'd been the CEO or the President, I'd have made a phone call and reminded him about Fortius Quo Fidelius what it means and what his job description is. As the General Manager of football is it really his place to have public comment on the players, for sure in private but even then, if he's been loud and proud about the his belief that the players aren't good enough that can be a problem, simple stuff like for every negative interaction people need five positive ones to counteract that negative experience. In a season when senior players in Bruce, Stevens, Armitage, Membrey, Longer and Newnes have played injured, when there have been potential career ending injuries, to McCartin, Roberton and Stevens. Pointing the finger is the easiest thing to do, but it undermines the message of the coach and the match and selection committee.
Is Lethlean making things better or is he making things worse? No coincidence that this comes out a couple of days after he bags some players while there is a club wide internal review under way, he has vastly over rated his own ability and his own importance, me thinks he's been told to consider his position and is stupid enough to take the bait, he's still thinking how important he is.

No, I think he just mentioned you.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You misunderstood my point, JB. I was referring to the use of the word, rabble. It's been thrown around here a bit of late.I know he told me to piss off. I was alluding to the fact that if he told me to piss off, he might direct his histrionic responses to others as well. As if I would piss off just because he told me to. As if anyone would. Please try and keep up. Don't just be an average punter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You misunderstood my point, JB. I was referring to the use of the word, rabble. It's been thrown around here a bit of late.I know he told me to piss off. I was alluding to the fact that if he told me to piss off, he might direct his histrionic responses to others as well. As if I would piss off just because he told me to. As if anyone would. Please try and keep up. Don't just be an average punter.
Not difficult to keep up with you mate.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting but nothing to do with us .
Dean Laidley has signed with Pines Footy Club as Detector of Coaching & Development.
Fantastic news for the Mighty Pythons.

Coaching been better with Richo on the bench and not in the box. Not sure what that says

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it means they've identified that our onfield leadership is about as strong as a soggy lettuce. Short of being able to run around on the ground directing players...

... ooh...

... next level...

Coach becomes runner...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back