Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't follow rugby so what's the Billy Slater comparison in AFL? Is he like a Roo type or a Hodge type or a Judd type?
I'd probably say neither. More of a heart and soul type player that everyone loves with great leadership and determination but never really been a captain. So probably more of a Lenny type

I don't follow rugby so what's the Billy Slater comparison in AFL? Is he like a Roo type or a Hodge type or a Judd type?
Take the silk and speed of Judd , the toughness of Hodge and the athleticism & professionalism of Roo.
Then add em all together:thumbsu:
Other-Billy-Slater-2-112745-750x500.jpg

Queensland-Maroons-win-State-of-Origin.jpg

578e2ae193ac9_b88195442z.1_20160719212019_000_glpke669.3_1-1bosan1.jpg

He knows a bit about being in successful teams. Something our club needs.

And yeah im biased as all f*** being a Proud Storm Member:D
I love Billy like i love Robert Harvey.

I'd probably say neither. More of a heart and soul type player that everyone loves with great leadership and determination but never really been a captain. So probably more of a Lenny type
Yeah it is slightly unusual having your leadership program done by someone who has never led.

I’m pleased to have him in the club mind you.

Was a bit different at the Storm. Smith ,Slater and Cronk all ran the team. Cronk was probably the more vocal of the three on the field.
But Cam Smith had the "official" title of captain. And Slater controlled what happened at the back.
Cronk was pretty much picked up by the Roosters for his leadership and organising of set plays just as much as his playing ability.
Never really been a Captain either.

Billy's an absolute Star, massive get. imaging seeing that as you return from the off season

Yup, the blokes an absolute pro. One fit unit. Big & ripped, campaigners an adonis. Put him next to one of our boys & it will be comedy gold. One bloke will be cut out of the stone & the other will be slop. Need to improve fitness standards asap if we wanna compete with the competition, hopefully Billy inspires a few of our insipid pea hearts & teaches them the meaning of hard work & dedication.

yeah def... why couldn't they have let this out before Shiel made his choice..
from what I've heard of the Shiel/Ess thing, it was Shiel pursuing the dopers as much as them him. Hence him taking whats reported the least $$$ from the club with the current best placed list.

I'm putting on a Sherlock Holmes hat...

if we're supposedly getting a coach over from Sydney, they have 3 coaches in the area of 'Development'... Blakey head of development, Jeremy Laidler and Tadgh Kenelly as development coaches. Seeing as we've identified this as a major area of focus, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these guys as the last one to come over.

Also, an idea for the thread title... How about: (Ratten, Lade, Slater in) rather than the ones that are gone as that seems a bit like old news now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of Hodge, a bit of Judd. Smart, fast, robust. Great in the big moments. I have followed Rugby League for 50 years and he is up there with the greatest players. Plus a top bloke.

why couldn't they have let this out before Shiel made his choice..
Nah, with his dodgy shoulders, Shiel would've wanted to avoid any Slater tackles for fear of this happening...

25qykc9.jpg

Was a bit different at the Storm. Smith ,Slater and Cronk all ran the team. Cronk was probably the more vocal of the three on the field.
But Cam Smith had the "official" title of captain. And Slater controlled what happened at the back.
Cronk was pretty much picked up by the Roosters for his leadership and organising of set plays just as much as his playing ability.
They did that also for Qld in State of Origin and also for Australia. Those 3 guys ran the games, and won it for their team nearly every time. As a NSW fan I hated it, but for Australia it was unreal. Very special.

What a great get for the club.....kudos again for Lethers and Co......to say I was gobsmacked when I just read about him being with us for 2 days a week would be an understatement.

I don't follow the Rugby a great deal but always hear Slater referred to in the highest possible terms.

How good is it getting someone again who has come from a successful sporting organization...…..a trait that we have been very sadly lacking in.........his input would be fantastic.

Cast yr mind back to mid June when the club was in a very dark place...…..if you had have told me then of all the people joining from that point to now.....I would have said "your dreaming"

All the additions certainly lift the spirits and give plenty of hope.

King Billy, what a get, one of my fav athletes of all time in any code.

319 games for Storm
31 or Qld
30 for Australia

Good get Saints, thinking outside the box gets results.

With the skills of Judd/ablett/harvey

The thing about the storm is they keep bringing in GOP and consistently, get them to play 10% better than what they are normally capable of.

Cronk at 1/2 back really has to move the team around the park

Hopefully our new coaching team can address some of the players on our list who stagnated last year. Sincs, Newnes, White, Dunstan... need to see if we can get more from these guys as they've all shown promise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back