FA Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

FA Cup? Completed it mate.

117115883_10158301462967713_3729127544044093419_o.jpg

Players played sh*t, manager managed sh*t, cop sh*t injuries, ref was really sh*t(Taylor hates us haha). What a sh*t night.

Congrats Gooners, nice end of the season for you guys.
I reckon the Lampard made a huge mistake starting Giroud against Luiz. Luiz shits his pants when he has to defend against mobile, quicker forwards and I would have thought that Abraham would have been far more of a threat than Giroud and he may have caused a bit of havoc amongst the Arsenal backline.

The referee was second rate and there must be questions asked as to how two players went down with hamis.

They hired Mourinho because he plays strong teams in the domestic cups, that's how desperate they are to nab one. Meanwhile the worst Arsenal side in years hires a rookie manager and he goes and wins the FA Cup within his first few months. That must sting.

This comment reminded me of a message I received from a Spurs mate from London overnight. He’d been very up and about the last few years and s**t canning Arsenal as much as he could (reminds me of a few posters on this forum actually :D) but had gone completely quiet since Sunday’s victory.

“It ******* kills me how s**t you guys are yet still win stuff. Meanwhile we’ve won * all. You campaigners. Ps stay safe during the next lockdown I heard about”.

:D

Arsenal have made the FA Cup their own. Auba is just a beast, wonder how many years left he has at this level.
This cup comp is now known as the The Emirates Arsenal Cup.

This comment reminded me of a message I received from a Spurs mate from London overnight. He’d been very up and about the last few years and sh*t canning Arsenal as much as he could (reminds me of a few posters on this forum actually :D) but had gone completely quiet since Sunday’s victory.

“It ******* kills me how sh*t you guys are yet still win stuff. Meanwhile we’ve won fu** all. You campaigners. Ps stay safe during the next lockdown I heard about”.

Not trying to denigrate Gunners’ effort but surely making the final of the CL is a far greater achievement

This comment reminded me of a message I received from a Spurs mate from London overnight. He’d been very up and about the last few years and sh*t canning Arsenal as much as he could (reminds me of a few posters on this forum actually :D) but had gone completely quiet since Sunday’s victory.

“It ******* kills me how sh*t you guys are yet still win stuff. Meanwhile we’ve won fu** all. You campaigners. Ps stay safe during the next lockdown I heard about”.

Didn't realise you are good mates with WR Glen!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arsenal 10/9/1 & Chelsea 11/7/4 have pretty well dominated the F/A Cup over the past 3 decades....They've won 16 between them since the founding of the Premier League; & been in the final 5 other times besides.....Only MAn Utd @9/5/4, Liverpool @ 5/3/2 & MAn City @ 3/2/1 have won multiple times from 1992 . Accounting for 26 of 29 Cups.

No surprise then About the make-up of the finalists.

Not trying to denigrate Gunners’ effort but surely making the final of the CL is a far greater achievement

A greater achievement, sure it probably is. It would be subjective territory to what an individual fan would prefer or rate higher, so not sure there’s a correct or definitive answer to it.

Personally, I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve watched the 2014/15/17 Finals (and now the 2020 one to add).

I can however tell you how many times I’ve revisited the 2006 CL loss to Barcelona.

Zero.

The feeling of winning is incomparable for me.

A greater achievement, sure it probably is. It would be subjective territory to what an individual fan would prefer or rate higher, so not sure there’s a correct or definitive answer to it.

Personally, I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve watched the 2014/15/17 Finals (and now the 2020 one to add).

I can however tell you how many times I’ve revisited the 2006 CL loss to Barcelona.

Zero.

The feeling of winning is incomparable for me.

Certainly beats trophy dodging.

As the great man Arsene Wenger himself said just making the CL round is comparable to winning a cup! Wow..maybe wouldn’t go that far...admittedly he made the comment after just being knocked out of 4th or 5th round of FA cup.

Yeah but at the end of the day, you get a trophy for winning one and nothing for the other.
Trophy plus $200,000 approximately for winning the Bendigo Cup.
Running second in the Melbourne Cup is worth $1,100,000. I know which one I’d take and the owner/s of Red Cadeaux who ran 2nd three times in the Melbourne Cup.

As the great man Arsene Wenger himself said just making the CL round is comparable to winning a cup! Wow..maybe wouldn’t go that far...admittedly he made the comment after just being knocked out of 4th or 5th round of FA cup.

Yes those “like a trophy” comments were a source of ridicule for many years for both opposition fans and some Arsenal fans too. It reflected the lack of ambition etc.

To be fair to Wenger, maybe those comments were a bit ahead of its time. Not sure the wording like a trophy is entirely accurate, but he was more so talking about the importance/prestige/financial significance of playing regular champions league football.

In that respect, he certainly had a point. Finishing top 4 in the PL seem to now be a much bigger thing than it was when he said it, even by the fans who used to take the piss out Wenger/Arsenal back then.

Yes those “like a trophy” comments were a source of ridicule for many years for both opposition fans and some Arsenal fans too. It reflected the lack of ambition etc.

To be fair to Wenger, maybe those comments were a bit ahead of its time. Not sure the wording like a trophy is entirely accurate, but he was more so talking about the importance/prestige/financial significance of playing regular champions league football.

In that respect, he certainly had a point. Finishing top 4 in the PL seem to now be a much bigger thing than it was when he said it, even by the fans who used to take the piss out Wenger/Arsenal back then.

Finishing 4th is a big deal. We even once had an entire thread created about "Who will finish 4th" once upon a time.

Making the Champions League is a huge $$$ fillip due to it's exposure for your clubs sponsors. It also serves to aid in attracting the better players to your club, who desire to play at the highest level....It's doubly important for those reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back