Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

This makes as little sense to read as hearing it at the time did 😂
Grabbing it and re-reading it through to edit it really brought home how completely unhinged it was the first time around.

I really thought he'd be gone later that season. No such luck.
It's worked out better this way, he's really tanked them given they've got so much talent.

This has all gone over the top of my head(not a rare occurrence I admit), I have no bloody idea who you guys are talking about.
07592697-431f-4abc-aae3-85d0b942547f_text.gif

This has all gone over the top of my head(not a rare occurrence I admit), I have no bloody idea who you guys are talking about.
07592697-431f-4abc-aae3-85d0b942547f_text.gif
I want to hear more about dlanod fascination of softball while hearing less about our coaches being rubbish.

Please can we change the title of the thread to “Softball with dlanod:sneaky:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a video this morning with Montanga highlighting our inability to ice the game late in the final quarter. Says he can't believe we continue to be so bad at these situations considering where we are at as a team (been contending for 6 years). Senior guys like Dunkley, Clugga and Berry just rushing things, when Zorko, Andrews and others are signalling them to slow down and look for an easy possesion.

Watched a video this morning with Montanga highlighting our inability to ice the game late in the final quarter. Says he can't believe we continue to be so bad at these situations considering where we are at as a team (been contending for 6 years). Senior guys like Dunkley, Clugga and Berry just rushing things, when Zorko, Andrews and others are signalling them to slow down and look for an easy possesion.
Poor coaching.

3KZ we know there's a school of thought out there that Fages is a great man manager but isn't so hot when it comes to tactics.

But last week was just lazy football by the players , even up to the end some of them played like it was just going to happen .
I agree about the players, but that is a coaching issue, because too many players under Fagan have become comfortable, because they know they are not going to be dropped. Lester is a classic example of a player who is determined to hold his place in the side and plays accordingly. So does Lyons and Dev Robertson is another.

If players are lazy or have become complacent that is because they know the ‘Mulligans’ will come out at selection. It doesn’t seem to matter how bad a player like Berry plays, he knows he will be selected. Under Fagan, Rayner has never and will never be dropped, no matter how many poor games he strings together. It reflects the culture Fagan has fostered.

Let’s see if he is willing to send a message this week. If he selects Payne this week it really signals that Fagan has set the bar so low for some players in this team that results like the Carlton one will keep happening.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back