Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Any team that drops off their effort level will be found out. It’s not unique to us and is the reason we have lost both games. It’s not complicated.
That's it in a nutshell.

Certain players have gotten away with it in the past because we've been good enough overall to win a lot of games by smallish margins via our overall quality.

That no gunna work any more. Need all hands on deck ,we're now one of those teams teams on the way up will like beating. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Ben Hudson Special.

Lost them and given up due to the 2023 gf loss - 2024 looks to be lost, is it time we got rid of the dead wood, got a new coach and started a rebuild?
Still reckon the group has at least one more crack in them next year, on the proviso of a few things:
  • Mccluggage stays;
  • the guys with LTI’s come back healthy and we have a run injury wise that we’ve had prior to this year;
  • we use this year to blood some guys who haven’t had the opportunity due to the low injuries the last few years;
  • we go after the best tactical coach we can find. Fages has been great but a tactician he is not.

Last edited:
club isnt going to sack the coach within 12 months of making a grand final

When we (Adelaide) lost the grand final in 2017, I adctually advocated for being progressive and sacking the coach, as it felt like we would struggle to come back from it and so would the players. A refresh would have done us good, because it then turned into a ******* disaster.

Feels similar in some ways.

When we (Adelaide) lost the grand final in 2017, I adctually advocated for being progressive and sacking the coach, as it felt like we would struggle to come back from it and so would the players. A refresh would have done us good, because it then turned into a ******* disaster.

Feels similar in some ways.
im unsure on where i stand on the matter

the club just wont do it so its kind of a meaningless discussion unless fagan decides to step aside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back