Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys need a new vision. You should consider Andrew Dunkley for the role

I love what Fagan has done with this side, he has been great for us but, and I hate to say it, I really, really hate to say it, I'm getting on board with the thought that he has gone as far as he can go sadly.

One must ask. Has he lost them? Or have they simply as a collective given up?
Games moved on. Other teams have gotten better at the contested stuff to compete or more likely these days out do us but have honed the spread and transition much much better than what we have ever demonstrated.

Window closing fast. Don’t have the game plan nor the cattle to play 2024 football.

Fagan has got to put the club before himself and do the right thing. His message is just not getting through anymore and it’s not like Tasmania Devils won’t have a juicy role for him.

Others seem to think the premiership window is still open, I don’t, but it is only open if a new voice is brought in and shakes the joint up. I mean Fagan had been dying on a hill protecting so many players that he refuses to drop and where has that got him because it’s got the team nowhere all because b well I don’t know why while scapegoating the same few.

Early prediction: we’re going to spend the better part of two decades wishing we could have Fagan back after he leaves.

Probably but how much longer would he coach even if all was well? Maybe 2 years?

Obviously see how this year goes but do feel that it is probably time for a change.

Much harder to change a list than change a coach.

When we (Adelaide) lost the grand final in 2017, I adctually advocated for being progressive and sacking the coach, as it felt like we would struggle to come back from it and so would the players. A refresh would have done us good, because it then turned into a ******* disaster.

Feels similar in some ways.
He needs some very good assistants and also needs to also stop picking some players regardless of form. I dream of having Adam Kingsley as a coach.

We're stuck in no-mans land really. Change is needed, but it cant happen with Fagan holding the reigns.

At some point soon we maybe giving up on the season but I don't think Fages is the guy to implement the changes we need to refresh our team and fix our game style of over handballing and high bombs into the fifty. He is too stuck in his ways and too loyal to his core group of players.

It shouldn't be that difficult to have hard conversations with players to send them back to the ressies to find form, to learn other positions or deal with any issues outside of footy. Certainly wasn't in my day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan will not drop any of the undroppables
It be Lohmann, Fort and Dev pay the price
So he should drop Fort and Dev. Dev was deplorable and Fort excess to needs.
Dev has not shown that he has it in him to make it.
Fort is nothing more than injury cover for BigO.

Because he's been voted multiple times as one of the better assistant coaches by his peers?
Then that’s just ridiculous. How would other coaches and assistants at other clubs really know his value. Irrespective, their voices have to be as stale as Fagan’s. Furthermore, Hudson has hardly developed any of our rucks so he’d have to be questioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back