Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

The one I would love to know what happened to is Dan. Started working with us for what would’ve only been a couple of months in that capacity and then just left, with no mention of it from the club?

Seems…… strange.

He left the AFL system all together. He either wanted to leave the AFL system or we wanted to let him go. I think there is only one likely answer.

What?
Well surely you've seen Fages bristle at any criticism of the players/club , any press reports that misinterpret anything players or he says. He's got a bit of a thing about it. Spose that's not abnormal for a coach.

You've said I have no idea a couple of times now. It's fine ,we get the vibe around here.

I think Stone has been around a long time and maybe the GF finished him off . From what I've heard both parties were happy. But it's heresay and over with until someone else brought it up today with a legitimate question.

Well surely you've seen Fages bristle at any criticism of the players/club , any press reports that misinterpret anything players or he says. He's got a bit of a thing about it. Spose that's not abnormal for a coach.

You've said I have no idea a couple of times now. It's fine ,we get the vibe around here.

I think Stone has been around a long time and maybe the GF finished him off . From what I've heard both parties were happy. But it's heresay and over with until someone else brought it up today with a legitimate question.

You're reading an incredible amount into press conference demeanor mate.

I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings, but you made a pretty big assumption which was remarkably false - and it appears it's based off how Fagan carries himself in pressers which affirms my assumption.

Stone moving on was the right move.

You're reading an incredible amount into press conference demeanor mate.

I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings, but you made a pretty big assumption which was remarkably false - and it appears it's based off how Fagan carries himself in pressers which affirms my assumption.

Stone moving on was the right move.
I didn't say it was the wrong move .

You guys ignore all the good things I say about Fagan and as soon as there's any questioning of anything he does you jump up like wild banshees.

If you're a spokesperson for the club just let everyone know. Are you talking off the top of your head ?

I didn't assume anything, I pointed to a potential conclusion. It's not unreasonable on what was mooted by others at the time.

Mate.

You guys ignore all the good things I say about Fagan and as soon as there's any questioning of anything he does you jump up like wild banshees.

If you're a spokesperson for the club just let everyone know. Are you talking off the top of your head ?

I didn't assume anything, I pointed to a potential conclusion. It's not unreasonable on what was mooted by others at the time.

Mate.

You literally stated it as fact mate.

No point continuing this. I am sorry if I offended you, let's move on.

You literally stated it as fact mate.

No point continuing this. I am sorry if I offended you, let's move on.
Ok . So I stated it as a fact. In your opinion.

And what you stated are the real facts.

And we should move on.

I'll move on shortly.

When Zorko was being completely lambasted on here and then Fagan in the Hawthorn saga the one person who stood up for them was me.

The self righteous crowd was either silent or for the most part digging the knife in deeper. For days on end.

Just sayin. Everyone talks a lot of s**t on here. I don't see mine as having any less credibility than anyone else's.

You're a good guy and we both have the same end goal for the club and I didn't mean to offend you either.

Let's move on.

Ok . So I stated it as a fact. In your opinion.

And what you stated are the real facts.

And we should move on.

I'll move on shortly.

When Zorko was being completely lambasted on here and then Fagan in the Hawthorn saga the one person who stood up for them was me.

The self righteous crowd was either silent or for the most part digging the knife in deeper. For days on end.

Just sayin. Everyone talks a lot of s**t on here. I don't see mine as having any less credibility than anyone else's.

You're a good guy and we both have the same end goal for the club and I didn't mean to offend you either.

Let's move on.
Make that two fella, I’ve never been one to eat my own. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it's indicative of anything who knows but I've been very impressed with Kingsley's performance in PC's.

He answers questions directly straight up with what seems like honesty. I did see him get a bit niggly over Toby's bump which is the first time I've seen him what you might call overreact.
It’s not the only thing to like about his coaching

Mate.
They actually react like Fagan does in any PC he does and get on the defensive for some really odd reason.

The most obvious thing for me is that our fitness is not as good as prev years. Maybe more skill focus in the ps but still this is showing.
Means that the players r buggered. Play in bursts. Red time goals kicked against us.

The draw hasnt helped but this is a glarimg issue for me and i work in the health industry. Something has changed this last ps

I'd like to think what Fagan meant when he said "What got us here will get us back to the top" broadly speaking meant the style of playing fast turnover based football and focusing on contested possession, that isn't going out of style any time soon, clearly there needs to be some tweaks. I also agree with Kane Cornes who gave Fagan a decent serving about that conference after the loss, it didn't make him look good.

Blackballed GIF by The Roku Channel

I'm in the camp of not giving a flying * about press conferences. I'm not sure why people get so hung up on them.
Because Kane Cornes told me to be hung up about it. I have no mind of my own to make an assessment.

I'm in the camp of not giving a flying * about press conferences. I'm not sure why people get so hung up on them.
Yes, I agree, coaches are made do them.
AFL's players agreement now also includes more media appearances for them in other arears.
Most coaches are not going to blast their players fronting the media.
It is harder to hold your composure when talking about losses than wins.
Human nature kicks in and a few coaches lose it some minor some get carried away.
They also have to bite their tongues in anything umpire related that may have caused concerned.
Then you have journalist asking some stupid questions.

Because Kane Cornes told me to be hung up about it. I have no mind of my own to make an assessment.
Who needs Kane Cornes or anyone to tell many on here what to think; a lot have all made the same conclusions before many of these people (I won’t call them experts because many on here also seem to think that 300+ game players, Coleman Medalists, Brownlow Medalists, premiership players, captains aren’t) publicly stated their views. In other words, any one who dares to think otherwise that Fagan should stay on as long as he likes has no mind of their own right?

Who needs Kane Cornes or anyone to tell many on here what to think; a lot have all made the same conclusions before many of these people (I won’t call them experts because many on here also seem to think that 300+ game players, Coleman Medalists, Brownlow Medalists, premiership players, captains aren’t) publicly stated their views. In other words, any one who dares to think otherwise that Fagan should stay on as long as he likes has no mind of their own right?

Certainly he should. Fagan is a misunderstood genius. Even Picasso occasionally produced s**t art. Just like an artist once gone his legacy and creation will be truly valued and missed.

Look at Adcock, Stone Littlejohn, Tapping once maligned on this forum. Since leaving they have even been spoken of as successors to Fagan.

Appreciate what you have, because once lost it will be 20 more years of mediocrity to follow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back