Fair reflection?

Remove this Banner Ad

golions

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is this a fair reflection of where teams are at? For teams that are grouped together, the order is of no great concern, any one of them could beat one another - depending on luck/conditions/where the game is played.

Collingwood
Geelong

Hawthorn

Carlton
Essendon
Sydney
St Kilda
Western Bulldogs

Fremantle

Richmond
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

North Melbourne

Melbourne

West Coast

Brisbane
Gold Coast

Thoughts? What would you change?

Is this a fair reflection of where teams are at? For teams that are grouped together, the order is of no great concern, any one of them could beat one another - depending on luck/conditions/where the game is played.

Collingwood
Geelong

Hawthorn

Carlton
Essendon
Sydney
St Kilda
Western Bulldogs

Fremantle

Richmond
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

North Melbourne

Melbourne

West Coast

Brisbane
Gold Coast

Thoughts? What would you change?

Bit tough on Fremantle in particular. They are up in the next rung IMO...and maybe Melbourne up a bit...but overall not a bad summary as it stands now.

well for a start I wouldn't say Adelaide, Port Kangaroos, Richmond, Melbourne, are in another group to us but I guess your a Lions supporter and probably haven't been watching footy this year given how s**t your team is.

Collingwood

Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs

Sydney
Carlton
Essendon

StKilda
Melbourne
Adelaide
WestCoast

Port Adelaide

Kangaroos
Brisbane
Richmond

Gold Coast

Collingwood

Geelong

Hawthorn

Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
Sydney

Carlton
Essendon

West Coast
St Kilda

Adelaide
Port Power
Richmond
North Melbourne
Melbourne

Brisbane

Daylight

Gold Coast

Collingwood

Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs

Sydney
Carlton
Essendon

StKilda
Melbourne
Adelaide
WestCoast

Port Adelaide

Kangaroos
Brisbane
Richmond

Gold Coast

Geelong deserve to be grouped with Collingwood. They haven't put a foot wrong this year. I think the Bulldogs are a rung too high. Otherwise that looks right

4 rounds in its impossible to tell, some clubs have easier draws to start the year, some have harder draws, some clubs have injuries, some dont and so on and so on.

As a general rule of thumb, sure its probably close, though on 4 rounds form I wouldnt have north that high... but I dont think you could separate all clubs so easily at this point in time.

IMO

Collingwood

Hawthorn
Geelong

Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Carlton
Essendon

StKilda
Melbourne
Adelaide
WestCoast

Richmond
Kangaroos

Port Adelaide

Brisbane

Gold Coast

I guess it's a moot point along with everyone else who put Port Adelaide in a group below Adelaide though

How have we done any worse than the Bulldogs, Port, Adelaide, North, St Kilda and even Sydney? We haven't been playing our best, or even against the best teams but surely the fact that we're higher on the ladder counts for something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next two weeks will tell us a lot about the Bulldogs and St Kilda. Until then virtually impossible to place.

Why so much Hawthorn love? They fell in against WCE, and lost to Adelaide who are clearly not challengers. They touched up Richmond and Melbourne - as will plenty of others this season.

Why so much Hawthorn love? They fell in against WCE, and lost to Adelaide who are clearly not challengers. They touched up Richmond and Melbourne - as will plenty of others this season.

Was just about to post this. Hawks have been dissapointing this year. If not for Buddy wouldn't have beaten the Eagles.

If anything I'd say it's

Collingwood
Geelong

Bulldogs
Freo
Essendon
Hawks

Swans
Carlton
St Kilda

Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne

Roos
Port
Richmond
Brisbane
Gold Coast

Collingwood - Haven't faced any real challengers yet, but look capable of beating anyone.
Geelong - Undefeated, with wins against a couple of quality teams.

Hawthorn - Have been impressive in patches, but look pretty capable. Some good tests coming.

Fremantle - Had some good wins on the road, and one at home.. Haven't outplayed any quality teams yet, however.

Sydney - Looking promising. Have done well against well-performing teams.
Essendon - Have outplayed 2 top 4 (from last year) sides, and a draw and a narrow loss to 2 of last years finalists.. After Collingwood, their draw looks a lot easier.
Carlton - Big win over a bottom 4 team, Big loss to a top 4 team, Thrashing of a u/21 team and a draw with a undermanned challenger in good form. It's kinda hard to see where they're at.. Here feels right though.
Western Bulldogs - Big loss to a quick team in good form, then big wins over two bottom 4 teams. They don't deserve to be any higher.

Melbourne - Drew with a top 8 team, had a big fadeout against the Hawks and were just 60 points ahead of the Suns before Junk-time. Winning form is good form though.
StKilda - 1 pt loss to a currently undefeated team, draw with a bottom 4 team, and a 50-pt loss to a bogey team. Seem meantally weak.
Adelaide - Lost games they shouldn't have lost against the Dockers and Port Adelaide. Disapointing.
WestCoast - Have been suprisingly competitive, though a growing injury toll looks about to kick in and ruin that hard work.

Port Adelaide - Great win over Adelaide. But 1 good half from 4 games is a poor effort.

Kangaroos - Played well against the Eagles, but were outclassed by Collingwood and Fremantle. More Melbourne games will give us a better guide, but they don't look good against top 8 challengers.

Richmond - Average start to the year.
Brisbane - Terrible start to the season. Were very unlucky against the Dockers and haven't had the experienced players to challenge their opposition since.
Gold Coast - Getting better every week, should come away with 3-4 wins. But should honestly have started the season playing against last year's bottom 4 clubs.

Was just about to post this. Hawks have been dissapointing this year. If not for Buddy wouldn't have beaten the Eagles.

If anything I'd say it's

Collingwood
Geelong

Bulldogs
Freo
Essendon
Hawks

Swans
Carlton
St Kilda

Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne

Roos
Port
Richmond
Brisbane
Gold Coast

Swap West Coast with St Kilda and thats how I see it.

Clearly the best two teams so far:
Collingwood
Geelong

Should be a top four team if they maintain their form:
Fremantle

Fighting for the remaining spots in the eight:
Hawks
Essendon
Bulldogs
Swans
Carlton

Capable of fitting into any of the above groups should they find some form: