Favourite GF Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite three were: Selwood faking around a player, then getting it to Jimmy who's snap for goal was unbelievable. The Ottens chase, when he laid the tackle I got told that I let go of the loudest "BALL!" call that I've ever made, and it may have been followed by a few other words. The Chapman mark, it was ridiculously fantastic.

Ottens running down Rodan (?). That was amazing. Stokes coming back from that injury also, I knew we weren't gonna lose from there. In truth, I knew we wouldn't lose after Corey's smother last week. When I saw that I knew we were too committed to lose.

Chappy's mark, and Shannon's goal!!! I got tears in my eyes from that. Sad, really. :eek:

Nothing sad about that! I spent the final quarter bawling my eyes out. It's incredibly how a lifetime of pain following Geelong can be wiped away just like that.

When Tredrea was having his head bandaged and my 5 year old said."Why don't they put it round his mouth too?"

Classic call!!

Nothing sad about that! I spent the final quarter bawling my eyes out. It's incredibly how a lifetime of pain following Geelong can be wiped away just like that.

Amen to that!

For mine, the whole 2 hours or so was memorable, as was Tim Lane's call halfway through the second quarter when we were 40 points up "A UFO was spotted over Torquay. It was the lid. It is off." :D

Would've loved to see footage of all the Geelong supporters behind the bench bowing to Tredrea when he went off in the last quarter. That would've been hilarious.

In order:

1. Ottens chase and Tackle on Pettigrew

2. Abletts intercept goal

3. Max Rooke's tackle on Brogan

Go CATS!!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

agree with all of the above

THose here with vivid memories may recall the moment in 95 GF when i knew we would lose when that prick J Madden made a smother from a kick in and the got a goal.

Garys intercept and goal meant that we would be on the right side of such a moment this time.

Thing is the moment when it really sank in for me was seeing some old dear next to me shedding a quiet tear - without fanfare, without drawing attention to herself.

The gravity of the moment then hit me.

An obscure one.

Joel Selwood's handball in traffic early on that led to a goal from either Ablett or Bartel. You would expect an 18 year old, early on in a Grand Final, being handpassed the ball under pressure to bomb the ball away, fumble etc. under the pressure of the situation. Not Selwood. Knew exactly who was around him, had poise and vision to hold off handballing to the path of a teammate which led to a goal. Really is a top quality young player.

Oh and Ottens on Pettigrew was gold.

Ottens' chase
Ottens' four bounces
Nathan's one hander
Max's massive tackle on Brogan
Chapman's screamer
Gaz's intercept-goal
Jimmy's snap
Hunt's one-two inside a pack of Port players the ended with him well in the clear for a kick out of defence
Kingy's whole game
Stokesy returning to the field
Mooney's mark for our first goal
Everyone booing Tredrea
All the after game stuff

Apologies for any great moments I've missed, but I liked all these. So many!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When that final siren sounded.

Admittedly, the "moment" of realisation that we had it all in the bag occurred prematurely early on in the game, but when that horn blared, when the crowd erupted, when the players raised their arms in triumph, when the result was finally made official, that was the moment for me. The moment of realisation. We'd just won the f***** Premiership.

mooney_3009_wideweb__470x211,0.jpg

celebrate.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back