Rumour Fevola to join the Casey Scorpions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind the idea of setting up our own VFL club, but as others have said, funding will surely be an issue.

Might be an issue but I would be more than happy to add another $10 to my membership cost to cover the $250,000 gap they say there is between having a partnership & going solo.

$10 x 35-40,000 members = 350-400,000.

Cost is covered.

Might be an issue but I would be more than happy to add another $10 to my membership cost to cover the $250,000 gap they say there is between having a partnership & going solo.

$10 x 35-40,000 members = 350-400,000.

Cost is covered.
Problem is the VFL have said very clearly they won't be issuing any new licences for quite a while.

Love the way that the Herald Sun put the word 'apparently' before his assertion that the black eye was a result of training.

Hes going to find it frustrating playing with blokes that he thinks he has more talent than who are are pissed off that they have been sent back playing at his level.

The fat bugger thinks he's done enough to play seniors after a 3 possession game in the Casey reserves.

Why the hell is Casey entertaining the idea of getting him? He is a cancer on any club, and a oor role model and probably will be a rubbish player in his current shape.

His mentality - thinking that he can be brand new to the club, out of shape and just walk into the seniors - isnt a very good indication of his early commitment.

He needs to prove that he's not the type of bloke who will have a sook or spit the dummy during the year if he doesnt get his way.

I guess thats why Melbourne never wanted this ..he's had plenty of chances already. :thumbsdown:

The fat bugger thinks he's done enough to play seniors after a 3 possession game in the Casey reserves.

Why the hell is Casey entertaining the idea of getting him? He is a cancer on any club, and a oor role model and probably will be a rubbish player in his current shape.

Have to agree, it's absolutely staggering that you can have 3 touches for the reserves and expect to be played in the seniors the following week.

I mean, with all of the baggage this guy brings, and all of the additional management he requires, you would think that he would show some desire to work hard and impress the staff at a new club, but no, he just seems to think he's above the VFL system and, as a consequence of that, should be given a free ride.

He's just displaying a pathetic attitude, and I honestly can't understand why Casey are even considering keeping him around at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And tried to get a game with Glenorchy in Tassie only a day ago..

LINK

"He texted me last night, Brendan," Akermanis said on MTR.

"He said 'how are we looking for this week?'. "I haven't heard from him for three weeks, seriously, and I've got a text saying 'mate, what's going on?'

"This week though he comes up and he says, 'well we're in' and I'm looking at him and I'm thinking, 'no, no that's not how it works in this industry'."

What a d!ck!

Big opinion of football leagues outside of AFL.

'I dont play reserves' and telling Ackermanis that he is ready to rock up and play on Saturday night.

He must think its all kick and giggle outside of AFL.

You guys wouldnt want this bloke around disillusioned players who have been sent back to Casey who might be looking for a sounding board to their feelings of being dropped.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...for-narre-warren/story-e6frf9jf-1226031019843

BRENDAN Fevola's road to AFL redemption has taken a dramatic detour - to Narre Warren.
Fevola told VFL side Casey Scorpions he would play with his mates this weekend in Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League.
He will line-up in a practice match for Narre Warren Magpies against Noble Park on Saturday.
But the Scorpions have not given up hope of getting Fevola back to the VFL and helping revive his shattered career.

It gets funnier and funnier! Or sadder and sadder depending on your viewpoint...

In any case the media have stopped referring to the Scorpions as 'Melbourne affiliate Casey Scorpions' so at least we've successfully distanced ourselves from it.

This honestly doesn't feel like something that would happen in the real world anymore, all that's left is a glorious return to the AFL and you have the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster.

Casey are really rolling the dice here, and I don't think it's going to work out, the guy is clearly in a terrible state of mind, sneaking into various low-profile pokies venues to fuel his addiction. I can't see him committing to any club at VFL level and playing with passion and intent. I wouldn't be surprised if he's completely off the rails in no time and sees his contract rescinded.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-signs-with-casey-scorpions/story-e6frf9jf-1226034890402

iyo7bk.jpg

Welcome Fev.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back