Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: North Melbourne v Essendon, Sat Sept 6th 7.15pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I checked your top forward is out though.
Statistically speaking, we average a higher score with Bellchambers/Ryder and Daniher as the main forwards.

Steinberg will play back and Hurley forward too. That's the mail today. If Essendon can break even, or better, in the middle/ruck then they will have the fire power up forward. Same with Kangaroos though really.

This game will be won in the midfield and ruck, simple as that.

Not really,
You will have Steinberg in the back line and not Hurley
Roos win

Wouldn't be surprised if the first quarter was a slopfest out of everyone being a nervous wreck.

I can see how this will pan out.

QT Ess 4.3 North 4.1
HT Ess 10.8 North 6.5
3QT Ess 11.10 North 12. 9
Final: No ****ing idea.

I can see how this will pan out.

QT Ess 4.3 North 4.1
HT Ess 10.8 North 6.5
3QT Ess 11.10 North 12. 9
Final: No ******* idea.
Ess 3.5 North 1.3
Ess 8.8 North 4.6
Ess 9.13North 8.8
Ess 12.16 North 14.10

If Goldstein goes hard and belts the ball, Thomas stays out of the play, black kicks straight and Thompson plays with courage, North will get up.

Ess 3.5 North 1.3
Ess 8.8 North 4.6
Ess 9.13North 8.8
Ess 12.16 North 14.10

If Goldstein goes hard and belts the ball, Thomas stays out of the play, black kicks straight and Thompson plays with courage, North will get up.
I can see that happening. We have a tendency to be inaccurate

So winner plays Geelong. Either Scott brothers facing off or Bomber vs Cats. Should be huge.

As for tomorrow, I have no idea how it will pan out.

Have a feeling that we will start well and jump to an early lead before North pull it back. Then a scrap in the last quarter with the winner decided within the last 2 minutes.

You reckon? Hurley will go to Black imo so if he were to start forward its Black who'd have the mismatch.

Who would you play on Brown and Petrie with Hurley forward?

Who would you play on Brown and Petrie with Hurley forward?
Steinberg would take Brown, Hooker on Petrie, either Baguley or Hibberd on Black

So winner plays Geelong. Either Scott brothers facing off or Bomber vs Cats. Should be huge.

As for tomorrow, I have no idea how it will pan out.

Have a feeling that we will start well and jump to an early lead before North pull it back. Then a scrap in the last quarter with the winner decided within the last 2 minutes.

Greenwood will be going like a bull at a gate in the first.. Petrie/Brown will be involved. There's no stopping a rampant Greenwood.
Is a game where Brad Scott needs to use his initiative and pre-empt some of bombers moves, attempts.
Scott is a good assistant coach with a serious lack of imagination unfortunately.

Atley into the middle for bursts.

Wells forward, mainly early, Thomas as sub, Ziebell forward, Petrie back late in the second quarter, Cunnington forward, Goldstein to belt the ball 20 meters, McDonald forward early in the third, dal santo half back, sub out black for Thomas early in the last, Firrito to iron out someone, Petrie rotating deep in the last quarter. (Lately been pushed out for the whole last quarter)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steinberg would take Brown, Hooker on Petrie, either Baguley or Hibberd on Black

Like I said, Brown will have three at qt time.

He will take him to the square and monster him.

Huge pressure on North who go in clear favourites. Expected 80K+ majority pro-Essendon crowd. After the disaster of Round 1, Brad Scott must be having nightmares about what new way Bomber Thompson is going destroy him in the coaches box this time
Not sure Brad gets the chance to have nightmares with his wife heavily pregnant. He should be having nightmares about carrying McMillan or a finals liability pretender in Thomas.

2 down before the bounce without the unknown of wells.

If he learnt anything from round 1, he won't involve Thomas in the play.
Is a shame mullet butchered a couple of chances last week as his attacking could put the dons to the sword instead of liability McMillan.
Greenwood, Ziebell, Turner, Cunnington and Petrie will carry North over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back