Prediction Finals Discussion - Finished 5th: Will play North Melbourne Sunday 3:20pm

Who do you prefer we play in the Elimination Final

• North

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Gws

Votes: 30 17.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We seriously need to worry about getting in. Given the Freo and Hawthorn may be ready to put the cue in the rack, some teams around us may win games we arent expecting them to. If we lose tomorrow I don't think we will make the 8.

For example how many are giving Adelaide (at AO) the win against the Eagles in round 22? At that point do the eagles have anything to play for?

We just have to win. :S

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seriously need to worry about getting in. Given the Freo and Hawthorn may be ready to put the cue in the rack, some teams around us may win games we arent expecting them to. If we lose tomorrow I don't think we will make the 8.

If we lose we dont deserve to make the 8. Last week was our wake up and our loss to light a fire before the finals. Richmond by 46 though over GC. Straight to 6th. Will finish season in 5th and play Adelaide at the G

Last edited:
We will finish 6th

on current form and fixtures, cant see Sydney losing another game
Doggies have to play West Coast but will beat Nth
Freo may lose to North but will win their last 2
Eagles may drop one to Adelaide away
Hawks to win all 3

This is how I see the 8

Freo
Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
North Melbourne
Adelaide on % over Geelong.

We have to find a way to beat bloody North.

We will finish 6th

Hawks to win all 3

This is how I see the 8

Freo
Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
North Melbourne

Should throw the round 23 game vs norf more likely to win the next one then

i wouldnt like our chances beating norf in round 23 and then trying to beat them again the next week.

We will finish 6th

Hawks to win all 3

This is how I see the 8

Freo
Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
North Melbourne

Freo are not losing to Norf, Rossy will have them breathing fire and norf after their soft draw wont know what hit them.
Dogs and north is a toss of the coin, every chance we will be above the dogs in 2 weeks if they drop 2 in a row and every chance norf will be ninth if they drop 2 in a row.

My Tip is Richmond will win all remaining games and finish 4th or 5th, 4th if GWS beat Sydney this week otherwise it's 5th and a clash with geelong.

Freo are not losing to Norf, Rossy will have them breathing fire and norf after their soft draw wont know what hit them.
Dogs and north is a toss of the coin, every chance we will be above the dogs in 2 weeks if they drop 2 in a row and every chance norf will be ninth if they drop 2 in a row.

My Tip is Richmond will win all remaining games and finish 4th or 5th, 4th if GWS beat Sydney this week otherwise it's 5th and a clash with geelong.
Woud reckon Geelong old be the best scenario if we are 5th - sounds weird given our record , but we are due and our last 2 games vs cats we played sme of our worst football.

All I know is that the next three weeks are going to be interesting
Freo is not guaranteed to finish in the top two and the Pussies can still make it. We are safe , but where we are placed in the finish is
A mystery
Fun times with some clubs left wondering will be coming up. Cannot come quick enough

I can see the Doggies making an almighty nuisance of themselves in the finals. Particularly if they manage to hold onto fourth spot. We'll finish in the lower group of four. We then have to win whoever we play but unless we bring our A team on the field and play our A game for the entire match, I'd rather see us lining up against the Swans than the Dogs.

Back