Roast Finals ticket fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

wencat

Cancelled
May 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Been trying since 9.00am to get tickets on the Ticketek site, what a joke. When I eventually got into the site saying no tickets available. Club needs to do something about it.

Why do Ticketek and Ticketmaster still have the market.

Cant handle high traffic, ticket sales get hacked by Bots, absolute Joke.

Needed to sell each game on their own, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

But they aren't about common sense

Why do Ticketek and Ticketmaster still have the market.

Cant handle high traffic, ticket sales get hacked by Bots, absolute Joke.

Needed to sell each game on their own, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

But they aren't about common sense

Because the AFL and Ticketek still make their money. Us members and supporters will still buy them, there is no accountability because at the end of the day they aren't losing any money.

I forgot about the tickets going on sale today & slept in - when I remembered I got straight through which was great until the no tickets left message

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest info from ticketek:

Ticketek have moved the above tweet from being a standalone tweet with a s**t load of unhappy people to making it a reply to an earlier tweet of theirs about the system working :mad:

NO they need to look after their members by making sure the public allocation isn't released until Ticketek get their S#%T together.

And how do the club have control over that?

Dont want to be an a-hole, but i got my tickets by 9.10. Multiple browsers and i logged in before 9 and was already at the section where you select club member before 9 so as soon as it clicked over to 9 i got through. it took a little while to process payment and it said it timed out but payment got taken and i had the email with tickets come through fine. Thankful i was one of the lucky ones. Hope everyone can get what they need.

I guess we really shouldn't be surprised by ticketek screwing up yet again - they can't even spell, so expecting them to competently run ticket sales for the AFL finals may be a step too far:

Ticketek Window.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back