Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Just dawned on me I need to budget just under $650 for me and my daughter - in case I get allocated prime seats.
(allocated priority one)
Call me disloyal or arrogant for thinking the prelim is in the bag - but I am serioulsy considering saving money by watching the prelim at home. Its not what I want to do but finances dictate. My wife and I have been hit with $600 for minor red light and speeding (5 bloody k over) in the past month and all this price gouging is getting to us (but thats a different story) The prelim is outrageously priced and I think they might be surprised by a low turnout - I notice for the geelong freo game everyone was packed in the cheaper seats behind the goals

Completely understand that Pessimistic, I'll be doing the same, unless I can score some cheaper tickets off a full gold AFL member or my uncle scores me a free one.

Week 3 adult conc child
PLATINUM $160.00 $109.00 $40.00
GOLD $140.00 $95.50 $35.00
SILVER $110.00 $76.50 $28.00
BRONZE $80.00 $56.00 $20.50
R'VIEW/STAND $75.00 $52.00 $18.50

Gold seats in week 1 cost $100 - would be $180 this week
(I might buy standing room and get my PDF editor out - there be plenty of empty seats next saturday)

Just dawned on me I need to budget just under $650 for me and my daughter - in case I get allocated prime seats.
(allocated priority one)
Call me disloyal or arrogant for thinking the prelim is in the bag - but I am serioulsy considering saving money by watching the prelim at home. Its not what I want to do but finances dictate. My wife and I have been hit with $600 for minor red light and speeding (5 bloody k over) in the past month and all this price gouging is getting to us (but thats a different story) The prelim is outrageously priced and I think they might be surprised by a low turnout - I notice for the geelong freo game everyone was packed in the cheaper seats behind the goals
Totally with you on this one. I wouldn't take any worse seat than Silver which is $110 a pop.

I'm a Silver AFL member and they want $140 as Silver members have no priority in the Prelim, so it is full guest pass rate.

I've checked the tallies, there are 1710 Full AFL Members with Hawks club support, 239 Adelaide, 30 Freo. AFL members will be absolutely dead on the night. Even if they made silver members $70 I could stomach that.

Like I said, PDF editor is a wonderful thing - one ticket to get in - another to access a different reserved seat area

Next two MCG games are series games which will boost the attendance - but I note platinum seats in ponsford are still available for saturdays game.

The AFL have squeezed a little too much in this instance - did you see about 70% of subiaco was denoted platinum last week ?

Like I said, PDF editor is a wonderful thing - one ticket to get in - another to access a different reserved seat area

Next two MCG games are series games which will boost the attendance - but I note platinum seats in ponsford are still available for saturdays game.

The AFL have squeezed a little too much in this instance - did you see about 70% of subiaco was denoted platinum last week ?

Why have I not thought of this!? You are a legend Pess and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

(allocated priority one)

I think it might work in reverse for some people. Theoretically they could let us know today whether we have tickets for the grand final or not. I suspect that if they did tell us then people who did get tickets would skip the prelim and save their dosh for the big dance.

Ok so I have registered for the GF (priority 2) as a single and elected to take anything however would be very sad if I missed out this year if we make it after missing out on 2008. Have looked into corporate ticketing however not yet ready to fork out that much when nothing is a certainty yet. So am looking for any competitions to enter - yes a long shot - however may as well. Have found the telstra one, the opsm one, the abc grand stand one, the origin goal of the year one and the leader newspaper one.
Just wanting to know of any others people are aware of.
Please let me know

Where is the best place to get a corporate ticket for an individual if you miss out on the ballot? How expensive are the tickets?

PJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scalpers will cost less. Corporate last resort
Hmmmm... someone earlier mentioned PDF editor yeah? I just couldn't see myself risking handing over a wad of hard-earned (especially if i have spent extra dosh on travelling from interstate) to some dodgy character who is waving about a piece of paper that looks legitimate. :cool:
There's a helluva lot of one-way trust required in that scenario!

ps I am NOT Andrew Demetriou...:)

Hmmmm... someone earlier mentioned PDF editor yeah? I just couldn't see myself risking handing over a wad of hard-earned (especially if i have spent extra dosh on travelling from interstate) to some dodgy character who is waving about a piece of paper that looks legitimate. :cool:

Wouldn't buy a printout...a ticket from the shop though :)

Probably worried about nothing but just realised that MyTicketek account my transaction history no longer displays my GF ballot registration. I completed my rego over the phone with an a/c no. provided on completion. MyTicktek displayed a transaction up until today.... ?

Probably worried about nothing but just realised that MyTicketek account my transaction history no longer displays my GF ballot registration. I completed my rego over the phone with an a/c no. provided on completion. MyTicktek displayed a transaction up until today.... ?
did you use the option to search it using the c/c you used

I assume all granny tickets will be traditional ones
if you collect you need your ballot number and a crresponding credit card - I dont think anyone could fake that

I'm now convinced the AFL has reneged on 2000 tickets for club members via the ballot
See my post on main board tofor detials of meda release
Please pass a message around to all media outlets you can think of to 'liberate' the 2000 members balllot tickets

AFL reneges on 2000 Members Grand Final Tickets
Can (media outleT) ask a question strongly of the AFL ?
In May 2012 they were 'proud' to announce the competing clubs members would be allocated 30,000 tickets - up from 25,000.
Now the potential competing clubs are passing on to members that the allocation per club is 14,000 !!
Simple maths shows that 2,000 of the promised tickets have evaporated.
Please, as the voice of the people, can (media outlet) get a guarantee from the AFL that the allocation for members via the ballot will be 15,000 as promised, not the 14,000 which is being mentioned now
its not just about the competing clubs this year, this is a once in alifetime chance to secure 30,000 of 100,000 tickets for the members of competing clubs for all grand finals to come
Figures show most clubs have 30,000 members minimum

I'm now convinced the AFL has reneged on 2000 tickets for club members via the ballot
See my post on main board tofor detials of meda release
Please pass a message around to all media outlets you can think of to 'liberate' the 2000 members balllot tickets

AFL reneges on 2000 Members Grand Final Tickets
Can (media outleT) ask a question strongly of the AFL ?
In May 2012 they were 'proud' to announce the competing clubs members would be allocated 30,000 tickets - up from 25,000.
Now the potential competing clubs are passing on to members that the allocation per club is 14,000 !!
Simple maths shows that 2,000 of the promised tickets have evaporated.
Please, as the voice of the people, can (media outlet) get a guarantee from the AFL that the allocation for members via the ballot will be 15,000 as promised, not the 14,000 which is being mentioned now
its not just about the competing clubs this year, this is a once in alifetime chance to secure 30,000 of 100,000 tickets for the members of competing clubs for all grand finals to come
Figures show most clubs have 30,000 members minimum

You assuming that the clubs aren't keeping the 2000 tickets for corps ect.

The media release in May 2012 specifically says for members via ballot. I believe the competing clubs ger another few thousand for corporates.

If the clubs are witholding thats not what the AFL intended - anyway the ballot is administered by ticketek/AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back