Game Day Firrito - time for a spell

Remove this Banner Ad

Never learns. Has done this his whole career. Does some good physical work, but is a liability if he gives a soft goal away each week. As much as he's been a servicable player for almost 200 games, it's an indictment that there isn't someone who has pushed him out of the team earlier.

Ridiculous suggestion. Has been one of our best this year.

Oh, and then gets patted on the back from his team mates after he has a goal kicked on him "oh, it's okay, never mind, don't feel so bad'. **** that sh*t. What happened to out stingy defence that hated getting goals kicked on them?

Our team is more than happy for, even feeling sorry for, a senior player giving a 50 away. Not effing good enough!

The unnecessary thuggery is part of his charm, but he really needs to pull his head in a bit. Too important to drop.

Oh, and then gets patted on the back from his team mates after he has a goal kicked on him "oh, it's okay, never mind, don't feel so bad'. **** that sh*t. What happened to out stingy defence that hated getting goals kicked on them?

Our team is more than happy for, even feeling sorry for, a senior player giving a 50 away. Not effing good enough!
Agree with this. Should be held to account. Again his stupid stupid stupid action gave them momentum. In the twos. Stuff it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's sad, but we lost that game in a 15-20 minute patch which began with Firrito giving them an unnecessary shot on goal from the wing.

When hard work is required and ill discipline from a senior player undoes that, to get better we have to learn from our mistakes.

He's always been a favourite of mine, and I'll always cop a few mistakes here and there when he is throwing everything he has at contests.

But to give away a stupid 50 like that. We leak goals like there's no tomorrow, and this one was needless.

It's like it doesn't hurt them, or anger them, to give away goals. I guess when you've watched the team try their hardest to scrounge a hard-fought goal, and then a defender does something stupid like that, it's infuriating.

But it shouldn't infuriate me - THEY should be hurting.

It reminds me of Warner laughing and joking on the cricket field while Australia was leaking 500 odd runs. Just ***ing don't!! You need to shut up and start bleeding for this team!!

Id be pointing the finger at Ziebell (15), Atley (15), Bastinac (16), Adams (15).

Shock horror, half of the midfield dominate.

Half of the midfield get bent over.

Expect Ziebell, Atley, Bastinac and Adams to have massive games next week.

The rest will drop off, ****ing clockwork.....

The only constant is Andrew Swallow........

Id be pointing the finger at Ziebell (15), Atley (15), Bastinac (16), Adams (15).

Shock horror, half of the midfield dominate.

Half of the midfield get bent over.

Expect Ziebell, Atley, Bastinac and Adams to have massive games next week.

The rest will drop off, ****ing clockwork.....

The only constant is Andrew Swallow........

This sums it up. In all 3 games our midfield has dominated the first half and then fallen to sh*t in the second. They simply aren't fit enough

This sums it up. In all 3 games our midfield has dominated the first half and then fallen to sh*t in the second. They simply aren't fit enough
That's true, but I thought they gave a good account of themselves against the premiers. Leadership is important.

Anyway, the match committee have their job. I thought we were pretty darn good for 75% and the rest we have to keep working.

(sigh) Too true. Why do you think it is Pykie? It's not fitness because they do it by halves. Are they just young and inconsistent? It's been that way for a while now. I'm becoming worried about Ziebell and Harper.

Yep Ziebell and Harper continued to make mistakes that they should have learnt from. FFS, they are 22 and 20 respectively. Leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back