Official Club Stuff Football Department Review and Board update

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Tongues comment related to Mathieson stacking the board with their own.

Clearly Lahra Carey, is one of their own.
Given she reports into MLG and Mathieson.

So not totally independent. Just pointing this out.

But I'm sure Gab you will take a counter view, as you think the board is wonderful and have been arguing this, for years

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

I don't recall saying wonderful at all but I'm not so agenda driven that I can't recognise success as well as failures. There are those whose sole interest seems to be to try to tear down everything to do with our club, I'm certainly not one of those.

The past board stabilised the finances of the club and returned us to a strong position, if the new board manages to set us on the path of onfield success then ill be happy.

Won't happen

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sayers is pretty much dead in the water unless he plucks a Clarko out of his hat ASAP.

- Sacking of Teague and new coach search widely perceived as a dumpster fire in trainwreck

- EGM will be announced prior to the coach search being completed

- Liddle and Lloyd will likely still be there when EGM is held and lots of people are still angry about how SOS was treated.

Sayers is pretty much dead in the water unless he plucks a Clarko out of his hat ASAP.

- Sacking of Teague and new coach search widely perceived as a dumpster fire in trainwreck

- EGM will be announced prior to the coach search being completed

- Liddle and Lloyd will likely still be there when EGM is held and lots of people are still angry about how SOS was treated.
Have you heard the other blokes though?

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting to see Pies have sorted out their board issues wonder is there a compromise to be had before our EGM?

The trade w***erer has said that big names are involved in challenge and they are angry

Interesting to see Pies have sorted out their board issues wonder is there a compromise to be had before our EGM?

The trade w***erer has said that big names are involved in challenge and they are angry

Yet , they won't name them, they don't deserve to be taken seriously, nor is there any need to negotiate with them. Nobody will trust them with the club in their hands when they can't even table a plan.

Tell us what you plan to do and who is involved, a few ex players won't cut it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can’t Carlton attract a high quality person as its President? We spent the last 5 or so years listening to Lo G who had trouble stringing 10 words together. He’s been replaced by an operative from the new economy who looks and sounds like an enthusiastic undergraduate student with premature hair loss. Sayers, by his own admission, “ talks to lots of people”. That’s part of his problem. He talks too much and big notes himself. That approach might have borne fruit at PWC, it doesn’t work in the AFL.
Why can’t we have a President with the poise and skill of a Frank Costa or a Peggy O’Neil?
instead we lurch from one piece of grandiosity (John Elliott) to the next and to the latest version (Sayers).
Sayers is a try hard. He hasn’t got what it takes (because he lacks decisiveness and authority) to lead this club into a period of prosperity and success.
He should go back to spruiking bulltish in the money markets.

Why can’t Carlton attract a high quality person as its President? We spent the last 5 or so years listening to Lo G who had trouble stringing 10 words together. He’s been replaced by an operative from the new economy who looks and sounds like an enthusiastic undergraduate student with premature hair loss. Sayers, by his own admission, “ talks to lots of people”. That’s part of his problem. He talks too much and big notes himself. That approach might have borne fruit at PWC, it doesn’t work in the AFL.
Why can’t we have a President with the poise and skill of a Frank Costa or a Peggy O’Neil?
instead we lurch from one piece of grandiosity (John Elliott) to the next and to the latest version (Sayers).
Sayers is a try hard. He hasn’t got what it takes (because he lacks decisiveness and authority) to lead this club into a period of prosperity and success.

Great, less than two weeks as President and you're declaring him no good, this is why we are where we are at.

You can disagree as much as you like Aphrodite but this whole process, starting with the announcement of the external review up until today, has been abysmal. It should have run smoothly. Instead it has afforded numerous opportunities to critics of the club and to the media to run a continuous campaign of derision and criticism.
If Sayers had presided over such a state of affairs for 6 or more months whilst running PWC he would have been sacked And shown the door. Nothing surer!

Lobbing grenades from the comfort of your couch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought Sayers was the saviour.
6e4713bdbe0832a7b46e89deb8fc0651.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back