Four re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

The club obviously sees something
Good response. Agree 100%, the people that matter obviously see something.

Some of the post are so negative, eg: Payne has no skills. How did he end up with a total of 7 years of contracts with a very strong club such as the Lions, if he has no skills, its because the people that really matter see something. Some negative posts with Fullarton also, who when a junior was apparently a good player, and like Payne has come from a different sport/s, and therefore might take a little longer to transition. Not getting consistent games certainly does not speed up their development, but at this stage neither can replace any of the incumbents, who are not that old, so they face a long wait.

Three things which are apparent to me, firstly the young fringe players when playing AFL have a role to do, plain and simple.
Secondly, Fullarton is potentially an AFL forward (reminds me a little of Lobb) he is not a ruck/forward.
Finally Payne is a lockdown defender and with 60 or so games will be a fine player.

Buzza isn’t actually on the list.
So really isn’t a backup to anything.
I know although in our VFL side we running Lane/Buzza and then Smith as main rucks.
Fullarton who rucks the least gets called up to replace Big O in seniors.
If Fort goes back they all have to share minutes and game time.
Buzza I understand not on the list although then Lane and H Smith need to share ruck time with Fort and Buzza.
You assume we cannot play 4 in the forward line at once you think as well.
Fullarton played back a little earlier this year.. Although been forward of late.
Maybe Fullarton or Buzza back?

Tall Key Position players we lack only Payne and Lester playing tall
Hence we get Arnold in and moved McFayden back to play tall

So yes balance is a little out I understand Buzza not in line to play seniors. Edit ok covid out he could it seems.
Although growth and team balance when Joe/Dan back, we might end up with 5 ruck/forwards over 200cm running around in the VFL.
Some of these will need to play more Tall Key Position and less ruck.

I know although in our VFL side we running Lane/Buzza and then Smith as main rucks.
Fullarton who rucks the least gets called up to replace Big O in seniors.
If Fort goes back they all have to share minutes and game time.
Buzza I understand not on the list although then Lane and H Smith need to share ruck time with Fort and Buzza.
You assume we cannot play 4 in the forward line at once you think as well.
Fullarton played back a little earlier this year.. Although been forward of late.
Maybe Fullarton or Buzza back?

Tall Key Position players we lack only Payne and Lester playing tall
Hence we get Arnold in and moved McFayden back to play tall

So yes balance is a little out I understand Buzza not in line to play seniors. Edit ok covid out he could it seems.
Although growth and team balance when Joe/Dan back, we might end up with 5 ruck/forwards over 200cm running around in the VFL.
Some of these will need to play more Tall Key Position and less ruck.
My view is Buzza plays where ever they need him to play at reserves level, back, forward, ruck.

If he’s not needed at VFL level, he goes back and plays for his QAFL club.

From the little I have seen Kalin has improved noticeably this season and has gone from a project player to a real ruck option for the future. Has put on substantial weight/muscle and has shown a preparedness to use his size and bulk in the contest which I think is something lacking with a guy like Fullarton and to a certain extent Payne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back