List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree you pay overs for a player during FA to get them out of the club. $1m for Gibbs is way over.

P.S Daisy Thomas is on $700k not $750k but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your made up stories.

See you in round 2 for a repeat of the Elimination Final. Wasn't that a great day :D

I think Thomas is on closer to $650,000.
Judd will probably retire next year so with his contract and the Visy deal that frees up $700,000. Gibbs is on good money anyway so its not as if we have to find an extra $750,000 to keep him, more like an extra $350,000 if it comes to matching any offers.
Why is a Richmond supporter so obsessed with one of our players?

What board have I stumbled across? :p
You've stumbled across a Richmond supporter who hopes Carlton lose a very good player, one who regularly plays well against Richmond (including in the recent EF) & who will attempt to mount a plausible argument as to why this player would want to leave Carlton. Such an argument will contain untruths (Thomas $750k per season), flawed suppositions (Betts' $500k per season is a direct swap for Vince's wage) to support his argument (realistically, if the Crows were paying Vince $500k per season, then they are idiots).

Ultimately though, said poster is just making a nuisance of himself & would be best served sticking to his own board where fiction is the norm rather than the exception.

How do I block/ignore posters who come onto our board pretending to be genuine but then go back to their own board and act like a flog?

Your username at the top right hand side of the page - select 'People You Ignore" from the drop down box, then type in the name of the user you wish to ignore.

Judd will probably retire next year so with his contract and the Visy deal that frees up $700,000. Gibbs is on good money anyway so its not as if we have to find an extra $750,000 to keep him, more like an extra $350,000 if it comes to matching any offers.

Wonder if anyone actually knows what Thomas is on...I thought $625K.

Wonder if anyone actually knows what Thomas is on...I thought $625K.

Someone said when he signed that his deal has a number of clauses in it (iirc an option for a 5th year) including performance based stuff. Just like Collingwood's. He'd probably be on max 700k if all clauses are activated.

Agree you pay overs for a player during FA to get them out of the club. $1m for Gibbs is way over.
Only as far as cap space goes, But if you are not giving up players or picks then its not imo.
As i mentioned in a previous post after the Tippett shamozle at Adelaide 1 has to believe that the extra $800k+they had allocated to him which went unused was used to front end their top 5-6 players for the last 2 years and the departure of Vince ,Johncock , Tambling these 3 players would also have freed up $1mil this year. Salary cap space is no issue to the crows in 2015/16/17

P.S Daisy Thomas is on $700k not $750k but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your made up stories.
Different numbers being quoted from different sources - I have even seen $800k on some, But either way would you want daisy in your team for 700k or gibbs 2 years younger for $800k if you have the cap space the dollars mean nothing

See you in round 2 for a repeat of the Elimination Final. Wasn't that a great day :D
Yeah will be good in Rnd 2 after really dominating both the Elim & H/A game and choking - The tigers will really need to prove that they are a top 6 team by really dominating carlton :D

Im not obsessed at all with your player because he plays for Carlton, Its more because Gibbs & Murphy are the 2 highest quality/Profile players that are eligible under the free agency -

Yeah will be good in Rnd 2 after really dominating both the Elim & H/A game and choking - The tigers will really need to prove that they are a top 6 team by really dominating carlton :D
You choked in all 3 games this season. It was only 2 misses in the dying minutes by Yarran which allowed you to get over the line in Round 1. Choking is a sign of mental weakness (see North Melbourne). Too many players that are happy to run one way, but who go missing when the opposition ups the ante.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not obsessed at all with your player because he plays for Carlton, Its more because Gibbs & Murphy are the 2 highest quality/Profile players that are eligible under the free agency -
Lots of quality players out of contract.

Swan.
Mundy.
Pavlich.
McPharlin.
Murphy.
Gibbs.
Frawley.
Reid.
Boak.
Goldstein.
Hurn
Hansen.
Westhoff.
Smith.

Richmond must be short on cap space after signing Hampson, Martin, Chaplin, Conca, Deledio, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Grigg, Maric, Houli, etc. Will need some creative style accounting if they want a Goldstein or Frawley. Gale might need to call Clinton Casey.

The Targets (in order of my preference)

There are a number of players I'd be actively pursuing. Some very good players on this list who would be extremely valuable additions to our side.

The first two on the below list are unrealistic targets and won't leave. However it is a deep pool with plenty of others worth pursuing and certainly far more realistic targets.

1. Travis Boak
2. David Mundy
3. Ben Reid
5. Nick Smith
6. Garrick Ibbotson
7. Tyson Goldsack
Lachie Hansen and Jarryn Geary.

Goldsack doesn't interest me.

With the Saints in their rebuild mode, Geary is more likely to leave than Nick Smith. Solid defender.

Lachie Hansen and Jarryn Geary.

Goldsack doesn't interest me.

With the Saints in their rebuild mode, Geary is more likely to leave than Nick Smith. Solid defender.

Hansen certainly interests me, I did see him on the list but forgot to include him. I'd probably put him at 5 on my above list, in front of Smith.

I've never particularly rated Geary. Wouldn't be completely against bringing him across, but he's nothing to get too excited about.

I'd much prefer Goldsack who can have an impact at both ends.

Richmond must be short on cap space after signing Hampson, Martin, Chaplin, Conca, Deledio, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Grigg, Maric, Houli, etc. Will need some creative style accounting if they want a Goldstein or Frawley. Gale might need to call Clinton Casey.

TBH I dont think we would need to go after either Goldstein or Frawley, Chaplin,Grimes,Rance in defence With Hampson,Maric,Vickery as well as McBean coming on amazingly in the reserves see's us pretty set for these positions
You choked in all 3 games this season. It was only 2 misses in the dying minutes by Yarran which allowed you to get over the line in Round 1. Choking is a sign of mental weakness (see North Melbourne). Too many players that are happy to run one way, but who go missing when the opposition ups the ante.
Or a Sign of Inexperience & Youth needing games

TBH I dont think we would need to go after either Goldstein or Frawley, Chaplin,Grimes,Rance in defence With Hampson,Maric,Vickery as well as McBean coming on amazingly in the reserves see's us pretty set for these positions

Or a Sign of Inexperience & Youth needing games

Couldn't care less about Richmond players or who your Club would/wouldn't go after.

Best to leave this thread now.

Maybe stick to your own Board and discuss what a perfect role model Jake King is!

I can't see Gibbs leaving. He loves Carlton and calls Melbourne home now. Sticks has done a fantastic job in looking after his mate's boy. I expect he will sign on for another two years about mid season like he always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back