Club Focus Fremantle 2022 - Corbett, Jackson, O'Meara, Davies, Emmett, Knobel, Reidy

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

JL and freo are playing the long game.
Ross and Hinkley type coach would of played wilson(who’s look good in wafl) instead of walker rushed grabner back instead of amiss and possibly colyer and Hamling when possible with Chapman odriscol playing less.
Might of got to a prelim but it would be shorter term false prophecy.

2016 draft flourished this year across the AFL, 5 years in the system which is generally entering prime, rule of thumb years
5-8.
2025 prime players
Brodie Cox Ryan Darcy
Brayshaw Switta Banfield
Clark Sturt Shultz
Young Serong Henry Fredrick
Chapman Odriscoll Walker Treacy
Guys that could perform

Early
Erasmus
Amiss
Johnson

Players we could add in the zone before 2025
Jackson
Sharp
George
Van rooyen
McDonald
Zuurhar

As for next year a fit Fyfe and tabs replace Logue lobb.
Fyfe spending time in the middle when needed.
Erasmus and Johnson will come in for Mundy and acres.
With depth covering most positions
Meek/Jackson/lobb???
Sharp/Henry?
Hamling Wilson Hughes
Treacy Sturt Banfield
Midfield depth thin if injuries but there’s players in the 22 Id back in to play mid if needed

Logue is not a best 22 player. He's a player that was only in the side due to injury. He could not find a way into our back 7. If Fyfe and Taberener were healthy they're being picked before Logue in the forward line.

Tell me who in our b22 does Logue replace?
He played 20 games, he was in the 22 for more than 80% of the season. His games will need to be taken by someone else unless historically chronically frequently injured players start being uninjured.

But no other club seems to have anything near the volume of leavers, except Gold Coast and GWS but they are special cases and the reasons are pretty clear for them.

Richmond lost some fringe players to salary cap pressure, Collingwood lost more significant players. A couple of decades ago Essendon lost players to salary cap pressure. But that was all from teams who were either winning premierships, or they thought they were right on the verge of a premiership.

Fremantle don’t have that reason to be right up against the salary cap.
We have no salary cap issues. That's why we can keep Lobb to his contract and still have enough space for Luke Jackson.

He played 20 games, he was in the 22 for more than 80% of the season. His games will need to be taken by someone else unless historically chronically frequently injured players start being uninjured.
Well Fyfe and Taberner aside then, Amiss will take his games. Luke Jackson will take his games. Even Josh Treacy will take his games. All those guys will have equal or better performances in the forward line.

Literally my only concern about losing him is if Cox or Pearce go down. I don't know if Hamling is back to AFL level yet. But Ryan won an AA playing as an undersized KPD. Chapman also has another pre-season in him.

Unless you watch freo and know the team in and out I don't think you can claim that Logue is locked in our b22.

Hes not a best 22 defender. He would have played half that if he didn't go forward which would see him as more of a fringe player. He's a reasonable forward but certainly quickly replaceable in that position.

For example, Treacy isn't as athletic but is a more natural forward and much better shot for goal. Can crash a pack like Griff can as well.

Freo trading out depth this year... so far...

In - Jackson
Out - Lobb, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Meek

Trading in a gun for 3 best 22 players & 2 fringe players.
Big Brother Pain GIF by Big Brother Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supposedly we are linked to Jeremy Sharp of the Gold Coast Suns, as well as being a long-shot to secure Corbett's services.
Makes sense.

You wouldn't want to lose to much depth.

I fear Freo may fall back a little next year. Losing 4 experienced best 22 players is going to hurt.. no matter how you cut it. Especially if we get hit with the injury stick. Bringing in Jackson may be a huge mistake or it may be the greatest trade the club has ever done - most probably it will be somewhere in the middle.

If the trades pan out like they say in the media then the off season will be something like:

Lose: Logue, Meek, Lobb, Mundy, Acres, 13, F1, Blakely, Crowden
Gain: Jackson, Sharp, 29, F2, 49, 72

I am no accountant but that ledger looks pretty bad. Bell and Walls are going to have to come up with some tricks to rescue our off-season

Freo trading out depth this year... so far...

In - Jackson
Out - Lobb, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Meek

Trading in a gun for 3 best 22 players & 2 fringe players.

I dont think all 5 of Lobb, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Meek.

I would rather Keep Meek for another season as depth.

Lobb, Tucker and Meek are all contracted until 2023.

Me personally, i am not keen to trade heavily for Jackson, let alone wanting to get him.

I rather keep Lobb For another year while Amiss and Traecy develop more.

I fear Freo may fall back a little next year. Losing 4 experienced best 22 players is going to hurt.. no matter how you cut it. Especially if we get hit with the injury stick. Bringing in Jackson may be a huge mistake or it may be the greatest trade the club has ever done - most probably it will be somewhere in the middle.

If the trades pan out like they say in the media then the off season will be something like:

Lose: Logue, Meek, Lobb, Mundy, Acres, 13, F1, Blakely, Crowden
Gain: Jackson, Sharp, 29, F2, 49, 72

I am no accountant but that ledger looks pretty bad. Bell and Walls are going to have to come up with some tricks to rescue our off-season
Can't see bells spread sheet looking like this.
There will be a rabbit or 2 coming out of a hat as per usual..

Out: Lobb, Logue, Meek, Tucker, Acres, Pick 13, F1, F2, F3, F4

In: Jackson, O'Meara, Corbett, Pick 30, Pick 44, Pick 67, NMF2, NMF3, CF3, NMF4, HF4

Logue, Tucker & F3 for NMF2, NMF3 & NMF4

Acres for CF3

Pick 13, F1 & F2 for Jackson, Pick 44 & Pick 67

Lobb for Pick 30 & BLF2

Meek & BLF2 for O'Meara & HF4

F4 for Corbett

Last edited:
They're after AMT who they will have to draft if he chooses Freo. I can see Narkle as their backup if that doesn't pan out.
Nah if he chooses Freo we'll delist him.

Nah if he chooses Freo we'll delist him.
It was said if he chooses Freo then he'll have to delist himself according to the latest article I read. But I guess dons might have that option if it gets him to his club but Freo only have 3 picks/list spots anyways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back