Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for posting the list! If we have two spots which two positions do we need the most? We lost two defenders but I don't think it is worth replacing them with another 2. I would think that we would need one KPF and a KFD:
> Jackson Callow (KPF) 195cm, 96 kg, 8 goals in 3 games
> Chad Pearson (KPD): 193 cm, 89 kg

I guess we could also use some big bodied mids as we are getting bullied constantly around the contest so if that is the case these two sound pretty swell:
> Sam Fisher: 182 cm, 85 kg,
> Greg Clark: 193 cm, 94 kg, avg 27 disp

Clark is one big motherf***er and I think he could really help our mid.

Both the talls and midfielders listed above were originally considered too slow for AFL and I think (despite their successes in lower leagues) those queries still remain as significant. Callow relies heavily on his strength in contested marking situations, and that likely not going to be enough at an AFL level - how is he going to get separation from his opponent? Pearson is okay but is similar to Hughes, Watson and Duman as being a third tall at AFL level; do we really need another one? Clark and Fisher's skills are also regarded as questionable under heavy pressure at WAFL level; the issue being pressure at an AFL level is even stronger.

I would maybe consider Kailin Lane if we felt we needed another pure ruck...maybe Liam Kolar (he hasn't done anything but his athletic ability is impressive)...and that is about it from that list.

These are some names to look out for in the mid season draft:
WA
Jesse Palmer (24) - medium fwd
Sam Fisher (23) - mid
Matt Parker (25) - mid/fwd
Oliver Eastland (23) - ruck/fwd
Gregory Clark (23) - Tall mid
Chad Pearson (23) - HBF/KPD
Kalin Lane (19) - Ruck

SA
Jackson Callow (19) - KPF
Luke Partington (24) - mid
Hayden Sampson (21) - mid/fwd
Jack Hayes (24) - KPF

VIC
Jacob Edwards (19) - ruck/fwd
Max Heath (19) - ruck
Liam Kolar (19) - Tall Utility
Xavier Mager (19) - mid/half back
Reckon we find the hardest running mid we can and hopefully he's a hardnut as well (tackling and pressure).

He was no chance of smothering, deliberately dived over the back of Freddy's leg

100% s**t bloke act. He also could have pushed him in the hip to see if he could displace the leg that was kicking the ball, he made no legitimate attempt to spoil. He just dived across his legs. I actually thought Freddy should have got a free kick in the goal square. 2 goals in a row.

Good news: Hamling has avoided having to have surgery after his injury setback according to Nathan Schmook.

I hope everyone said their Hail Mundys last night and sacrificed something to the footy gods ahead of us unwrapping Freo's new injury report today?

These are some names to look out for in the mid season draft:
WA
Jesse Palmer (24) - medium fwd
Sam Fisher (23) - mid
Matt Parker (25) - mid/fwd
Oliver Eastland (23) - ruck/fwd
Gregory Clark (23) - Tall mid
Chad Pearson (23) - HBF/KPD
Kalin Lane (19) - Ruck

SA
Jackson Callow (19) - KPF
Luke Partington (24) - mid
Hayden Sampson (21) - mid/fwd
Jack Hayes (24) - KPF

VIC
Jacob Edwards (19) - ruck/fwd
Max Heath (19) - ruck
Liam Kolar (19) - Tall Utility
Xavier Mager (19) - mid/half back

I'd be having a serious look at Matt Parker if I was our recruitment boys. Medium forward, quick, knows where the goals are, has AFL experience. Has been going through the midfield at souths. Good Sturt replacement.

I hope everyone said their Hail Mundys last night and sacrificed something to the footy gods ahead of us unwrapping Freo's new injury report today?
Well we know Freddy is season. Who else is joining him?

I am going to guess somebody who was supposed to be back has had a "setback". Obvious candidate is AP or maybe Cez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited and ready to see what bandages we can unwrap this Tuesday under the Injury Tree. Tuesday is the funnest day for Freo supporters.

My guess we have a (long) time line for Hughes, Freddy is looking towards late July at best and Conca's hammy is actually bad and 4+ weeks.

Excited and ready to see what bandages we can unwrap this Tuesday under the Injury Tree. Tuesday is the funnest day for Freo supporters.

My guess we have a (long) time line for Hughes, Freddy is looking towards late July at best and Conca's hammy is actually bad and 4+ weeks.
Don’t forget the totally unknown injury to a decent player that nobody has the foggiest idea about.
Switta and Luke Ryan are the recent examples.

INJURY LIST ROUND 9
Sam Switkowski (finger) - Test
Adam Cerra (ankle) - Test
Alex Pearce (knee) - Test
Luke Ryan (calf) - 1 week
Joel Hamling (ankle) - 4 weeks
Stephen Hill (hamstring) - 4-5 weeks
Hayden Young (hamstring) - 5-7 weeks
Michael Frederick (ankle) - TBA
Ethan Hughes (shoulder) - TBA
Bailey Banfield (ankle) - TBA
Heath Chapman (shoulder) - Season
Sam Sturt (knee) - Season

INJURY LIST ROUND 9
Sam Switkowski (finger) - Test
Adam Cerra (ankle) - Test
Alex Pearce (knee) - Test
Luke Ryan (calf) - 1 week
Joel Hamling (ankle) - 4 weeks
Stephen Hill (hamstring) - 4-5 weeks
Hayden Young (hamstring) - 5-7 weeks
Michael Frederick (ankle) - TBA
Ethan Hughes (shoulder) - TBA
Bailey Banfield (ankle) - TBA
Heath Chapman (shoulder) - Season
Sam Sturt (knee) - Season
Looks like a third week without Ryan.

Pearce to find fitness in the WAFL.

Will be great to have Cerra back, he's been missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back