Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo and Essington in the same boat - they have a few “nice” midfielders but lack hardness and belief.

Essington waits for the rotund Stringer to “ light them up”, Freo hopes Walters will do the same.

Freo’s coach isn’t the problem , players just don’t believe they can compete at the highest level.
Well your a humble Carlton fan LoL.

If the dockers lacked hardness, they wouldn't of won a unal last season.

This isnt 2016 where Freo went 0-10 and crippled with Injuries.

Dockers this season won 10 games and got 14th.

Narrow losses to saints, North Melbourne, Richmond, port and Brisbane cost us a spot In the finals

They beat the Bulldogs the biggest chokers in AFL history. May as well have played West Coast's reserves team.
Well that's nice. I will say this. Yeah your mob beat us in our 1st ever final in 2003.

Since your last final in 2005. Gold coast and Carlton aside, I think all other 15 clubs have won at least 5 finals since 2005.

Dockers won 7 finals. 4 coaches got at least 1 finals win including former bomber Mark Harvey.

North Melbourne won 5 finals since 2006. 4 of them in 2014-5.

Also, because you love sinking the boots in Freo for their lack of scoring power. Yeah Freo didn't make finals.

We didn't need to score 100 points to beat the Hawks. LoL

That's why you're nowhere near finals, and obviously if you're comparing yourself to Hawthorn you know you're in big trouble.
Nope I'm not comparing my team vs the hawks. Far from it.

My point is you have a history on sinking the boots on Freo for not scoring 100 points in a game.

You didn't read my post well.

I said Freo didn't score 100 points vs the hawks to win.

Come to think of it. Freo beat your mob Essendon in WA. Did Freo score 100 points to beat your mob? Nope.

Freo and Essington in the same boat - they have a few “nice” midfielders but lack hardness and belief.

Essington waits for the rotund Stringer to “ light them up”, Freo hopes Walters will do the same.

Freo’s coach isn’t the problem , players just don’t believe they can compete at the highest level.

Agree re: coach, kinda disagree re: personnel. Young and Johnson will be plenty hard to enough. Serong provides belief for all!

Super young side, very little experience (still one more finals win than your lot - for a week or two at least ). Give them another sessin or so and they'll be cherry ripe.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d hope we are throwing big cash at Sam Taylor as a free agent next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if we approach GWS this year while he’s a pre-agent.
Seen this a few times on different boards.

Sam Taylor is not a free agent until the end of 2025. Two years from now.
He was drafted in 2017 at pick 28. He will be a FA the same year Andy Brayshaw is

Agree re: coach, kinda disagree re: personnel. Young and Johnson will be plenty hard to enough. Serong provides belief for all!

Super young side, very little experience (still one more finals win than your lot - for a week or two at least ). Give them another sessin or so and they'll be cherry ripe.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What are the chances they’ll move LM on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances they’ll move LM on?
I would be suprised he gets sacked in 2023 unless there is a better coach available.

Is it worth to sack Justin Longmuir now for another coach? debatable at this point.

I personally Dont think freo are a hopeless case depsite 14th spot and 10 wins.

carlton got 5th with 13 wins and a draw, freo got 14th with 10 wins.

SO 3 wins and a draw seperates 5th to 14th.

Classic win win trade.

I just hope Amiss sticks around.

Freo’s problem has always been retaining talent, even the WA boys seem to want to escape the never ending build. Logue, Acres, Henry.

About the blokes that left at the end of 2022.... I have posted this before and will post it again.

David Mundy was 37 years old.

Rory Lobb? Bloke wanted out Because the Dogs wanted to hand him a 3 year deal. Dockers could of kept him in 2023. He would turn 31 in february 2024. No one was gonna hand Lobb a 3 year deal next season as a 31 year old.

Lloyd Meek: a depth ruckman. I sort of wished we kept him for a season. I have mixed views on Jager O meara. JOM got 411 disposals from 21 games and kicked 6 or 7 goals.

Blake Acres: We should of kept him, but Liam henry filled his spot in the best 23.

Griffen Logue: this one was on us. Should of handed him a 2 year extension at the end of 2021. That means like other 2016 draftees in Sean Darcy and Brennan cox, in their 8th year in 2024 and free agents.

Darcy Tucker: Another outside depth mid that averaged 15-20 disposals a game. Probably would of got 5-12 games for freo in 2023, would of been a free agent too.

It’s funny the praise given to Mitchell yet hawks more experience than dockers on the weekend and most of the season.
“Baby Hawks” yet some media and punters want the dockers to blow it all up.
Also such an even season makes the season appear worse than what it is.
10 wins is a better season then 16 of blues past 20 seasons

Longmuir has been given a bit of an odd 1 year extension - I’m sure the Freo guys will be able to put their positive spin on this but 1 just seems a bit…naff?

Don’t know if it helps him much right now.

That said - they WILL beat Brisbane on the weekend and more than likely play finals in 2024.

So by mid season this could be looking like a pre-emotive masterstroke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back