Autopsy Freo Giveth Hope and they Taketh Away (rd 21 Autopsy v Brisbane)

Remove this Banner Ad

6 seasons into a rebuild and we still have a long way to go to be a competitive team. Last week covered a few cracks but we are not a top 8 team .

Still to many ordinary players getting a game that need to be replaced. The pressure in the forward line is non existent. Players like western, crowden, Wilson shouldn’t be getting
Gifted games they are liabilities.

Another year into this never ending rebuild goes by.

Unfortunately I was right about us not making the 8 (bar some miracle) this season we aren't good enough

Another challenge failed.

What’s Longmuir’s record now against top teams?
Haven't beaten any of them other than Sydney, when the young Sydney kid blazed away on the run from 50, instead of setting it up for either of the free players inside 20m of the goals.

We're just not showing up against top sides.

Kinda weird how Brisbane built their team through trades -

Cameron
Daniher
Neale
McCarthy
Lyons
Adams
Ah Chee
Cockatoo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions were under the pump after a few bad ones so they show up with 71 tackles (14 more than their season average) with 25 of the tackles inside 50 (15 more than their season average). After hearing all the plaudits all week for our courageous effort against the Tigers we have 35 tackles (13 less than our paltry season average) which included 6 inside 50 (yes, an average of 1.5 per quarter). Heads not in the game from the start.

We have this weird thing where we meet challenges in game like Richmond and Collingwood games but we’ve had 4 or 5 statement games this year and have been embarrassing in all of them bar the 2nd Carlton game.

I don’t know about never ending rebuild given it’s 6 years not 10+ but * me this club makes it hard

The highlight for me?

This:

Has anyone ever been to a restaurant where the waiter brings you a great looking plate of food, but then the chef comes out and takes a massive dump on your plate? Then they bring out a fantastic dessert and... it's amazing, followed by a glass of beautiful wine that the sommelier then dutifully pisses in? You of course slag it off, but wow, that dessert was fantastic, so you go back for more of the same.

I haven't, but I imagine it feels about the same as being a Freo supporter.

Our record against top 6 sides under JL, especially this year is incredibly concerning. By my count we’re 1-7 against the top 6 this season, with the smallest loss being 30 points or so. Questions seriously need to start being asked, this simply isn’t good enough

I wish the umpires were more consistent on that bump/push after a kick (the downfield free thing). I watched the Carlton game yesterday and it was literally play on every time. The inconsistency is killing the sport and the players are just confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back