Autopsy Freo Giveth Hope and they Taketh Away (rd 21 Autopsy v Brisbane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldnt tell if I was just pissed at the umpiring and our ineptitude but I wanted to throttle every one of them after every celebration.
A) Where was this effort from them the last two months
B) How the fu** do you celebrate like you've won the grand final every time you kick a goal when your up by 50 points.

I can only conclude, like Carlton and WC, beating us holds some special meaning for them, which just makes me angrier at whole thing

Zorko kept mentioning after the game that it'd been a really tough week for them and they lifted because of it and it galvanised them...?

I’ve said a few times I can’t stand him with ball in hand. Which is usually fine as his job is to defend.

So it grinds my gears when we chip it to him just to watch his stupid face not know what to do. Cox has a gazillion times more confidence in his kick. Is a gazillion times better kicking, marking and adds as an offensive use.

Pearce adds zero offensively.

He’s just a much better Zac Dawson clone. Can’t change my mind on it. Felt this way with Pearce since day 1.

If you said keep one of Cox or Pearce? I keep Cox all day every day.
Was McPharlin, an elite defender on his day, a great decision maker and kicker? No. Defenders shouldn’t have to be both when they’re looking after the opposition’s best forwards. Harris Andrews, for Brisbane, is the worst decision maker of any defender I’ve seen. That’s okay, because what do Brisbane do? Find Rich across half back and open up the play from there.
Alex shouldn’t be having the ball in hand. But we have woeful decision makers in Wilson, who supposedly is an elite kick?, and Ryan who the last two weeks just bombs the ball.

Was McPharlin, an elite defender on his day, a great decision maker and kicker? No. Defenders shouldn’t have to be both when they’re looking after the opposition’s best forwards. Harris Andrews, for Brisbane, is the worst decision maker of any defender I’ve seen. That’s okay, because what do Brisbane do? Find Rich across half back and open up the play from there.
Alex shouldn’t be having the ball in hand. But we have woeful decision makers in Wilson, who supposedly is an elite kick?, and Ryan who the last two weeks just bombs the ball.

I was screaming at Pearce at one point. Takes a mark, Young runs into space in front of him calling for the ball, Pearce ignores him, holds the ball up for 30 seconds, looks around, backwards forwards, Young is standing there in the clear, literally the best kick & playmaker from our defense, eventually he gets closed down, Pearce turns inside & turns it over going sideways.
Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldnt tell if I was just pissed at the umpiring and our ineptitude but I wanted to throttle every one of them after every celebration.
A) Where was this effort from them the last two months

I don't feel like they were particularly good at all when the game was on the line, all their goals came from self inflicted mistakes and umpiring. Literally if we had any forward synergy at all we win.

Why you mentioned Lyon is beyond me because he is 2 years gone but Lyons system would not allow the lack of forward half pressure and the half arsed tackling that is happening now.
Longmuir is the coach, it's his game plan .
First time around maybe, but not second time around. He had a mature team first time around.

I don't feel like they were particularly good at all when the game was on the line, all their goals came from self inflicted mistakes and umpiring. Literally if we had any forward synergy at all we win.
I’m not sure about that, their tackling and pressure was at a level we have shown we can’t match or deal with. The leg up from Wilson and the umps the first quarter certainly didn’t help though.

Well that was ******* depressing wasn’t it. Won’t rehash what everyone else is saying except to say this….

That absolute shite from Nathan Wilson in the first quarter was so goddamn awful that I never want to see him wear the purple again. Crumbling to the ground clutching his ankle afterwards….no no no. Bye.

I’m not sure about that, their tackling and pressure was at a level we have shown we can’t match or deal with. The leg up from Wilson and the umps the first quarter certainly didn’t help though.

They certainly brought pressure but we were very casual with the ball too. Some weak attempts at breaking a tackle or being far too indecisive.

We’re not going to compete against the top sides until our kids fill out a bit more. The difference in body size between us and teams like the lions, cats, eagles, etc is marked. We are also just too ******* short.

Our GF centre bounce starting 4 was

Sandi 211
Barlow 189
Fyfe 192
Mundy 192

with

Crowley 188
deboer 189

Hill, suban Mzungu 182-185ish but well developed

lachie neale was our midget in midfield and he was sub. Comparitively we are tiny compared to our gf team.

Zorko (175), Lyons (184) arent giants but they are built like a brick sh1thouse. Am sure Serong and brayshaw can put on the bulk like them. Serong looked like a bull pre-draft. Really slimmed down presumably to get his fitness to AFL standards. Think its time for the Musashi again

Well he’s not dashing out of defense. He’s not spoiling the ball. He’s getting beaten by his opponent and he’s kicking the ball like a giraffe.

He’s a world away from what he was.

Then add he waltzes pass within the restricted area and gives away a 50m?

I mean this is why we’re losing. Too many people here defending this sort of crap.

Cox is injured and had his brain fades but If he wasn’t out marking his opponent in the last line he was bringing it to ground and finding a way.

Pearce has been putrid and is far from reliable. He’s actually a liability and I feel like I’m taking crazy pills if no one is watching how bad he is.

100% agree with you, Cox is easily the better player and hhis synergy with Ryan takes us to another level down back, plus his nonchalance is ******* hilarious to watch.

Wilson needs dropping badly, rarely does anything beyond a 20m dash then a pump and dump into the 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of our forwards consistently lead well. Yep, Tabs is poor at it, but no-one else is consistently leading up at the ball carrier either. When the ball is coming in slow and the forwards+defenders start congregating in the one basic spot, we don't create space by having guys lead out dragging defenders away from the group.

Forwards often play behind their defender.
shulz is about the only one who does it pity hes not 6'4

Incredible how people can watch the same game and have such wildly different views.

I've watch Cox multiple times just get flat dominated in a contest and have complete brain fades where he doesnt even contest. They would prefer Logue take the number 1 forward over him when they played together...

I'm legit stunned its even a debate, but I'll watch Cox a bit harder next time

100% agree with you, Cox is easily the better player and hhis synergy with Ryan takes us to another level down back, plus his nonchalance is ******* hilarious to watch.

Wilson needs dropping badly, rarely does anything beyond a 20m dash then a pump and dump into the 50.
Whilst we are getting onto Wilson ,I cant remember him nailing one of those handball receives on the 50 to goal once since he came to us..
Seemed to do it regularly at GWS

Maybe he might be worth a try on the wing

I think our best back 7 are
Pearce or Hamling ,(one seems to always be injured)
Cox
Ryan
Young
Chapman
Logue
Walker

I cant see Wilson being a better choice than any of them

Well that was ******* depressing wasn’t it. Won’t rehash what everyone else is saying except to say this….

That absolute sh*te from Nathan Wilson in the first quarter was so goddamn awful that I never want to see him wear the purple again. Crumbling to the ground clutching his ankle afterwards….no no no. Bye.
I’m trying not to bag players because playing footy is not as easy as it appears, but in addition to the above there was the incident the week before where he played for a free kick instead of just committing to touching the ball before it went through.
Just disappointing & soul destroying for teammates as we are already lacking leadership onfield & he is in the right age bracket to be a leader.
I will say if he can pull his head in, he can be a valuable member of the team.

I’m trying not to bag players because playing footy is not as easy as it appears, but in addition to the above there was the incident the week before where he played for a free kick instead of just committing to touching the ball before it went through.
Just disappointing & soul destroying for teammates as we are already lacking leadership onfield & he is in the right age bracket to be a leader.
I will say if he can pull his head in, he can be a valuable member of the team.
I really dont want to publicly just s**t on players BUT I'm finding it very very hard not to for Wilson. There have been some of the most horrendous efforts I've ever seen on a football field the last two weeks, and its not like his poor efforts are just the last two weeks.

I really dont want to publicly just sh*t on players BUT I'm finding it very very hard not to for Wilson. There have been some of the most horrendous efforts I've ever seen on a football field the last two weeks, and its not like his poor efforts are just the last two weeks.
No, I agree.
Just on our backline, Cox v Pearce etc, if our midfield are going to get killed on turnover/spread like they did on the weekend, it won’t matter whose down there, they’ll get beaten.
Fast ball movement through the middle means no structure & support, they pressured the turnover & we didn’t react quick enough.
We’ve got to show more composure under pressure, but when Mundy & Cerra are turning it over under little pressure, you get the feeling we were trying too hard early on.

I really dont want to publicly just sh*t on players BUT I'm finding it very very hard not to for Wilson. There have been some of the most horrendous efforts I've ever seen on a football field the last two weeks, and its not like his poor efforts are just the last two weeks.

I havent forgiven him for what he did in the dogs game when it was just 7 points the margin in the last quarter he gives away a 50 for kicking someone in the nuts for some petty revenge cost the team a goal. And 3 mins later it felt like karma on the rest of the team when fyfe, cox and darcy all got injured.

I wouldn't be re-signing him in fact a fully fit team next year he should be back in peel where it began for him and where he should finish.

A couple of things from yesterday.
A couple of our best ball users, no names, had horror days disposal wise.
Our tackling is abysmal.We can not stick a tackle.
PLaying three big fellas up forward may work, but they, the three talls have to understand that all three need not try to mark the same ball.
We have FF that refuses to led to the ball carrier. Always, yes always leads to the pockets.
We have a young big strong forward that leads, is a good mark and is a good kick, to the ball carrier, yet 80% of the time, maybe more, the ball carrier refuses to kick to him.
These thing need to be attended to about a month ago.At least.

Having slept on it i seriously believe the intensity brisbane brought yesterday everyone would have struggled and they would have beaten anyone.

Before the weekend i thought we didn't have to win this game to play finals as the west coast and st kilda games were the winnable and 8 point games really be around us on the ladder. And i couldn't see us winning 4 in a row. Perhaps 3 out of the 4 and drop the brissie game as that had less impact on the cluster near the 8.

Unfortunately with GWS and essendon upsetting their top 4 opponents has pretty much ruled us out more then us just getting smashed. As if they both had lost as expected on the weekend we would have been 10th. And winning the last 2 would have been enough to scrape in

I havent forgiven him for what he did in the dogs game when it was just 7 points the margin in the last quarter he gives away a 50 for kicking someone in the nuts for some petty revenge cost the team a goal. And 3 mins later it felt like karma on the rest of the team when fyfe, cox and darcy all got injured.

I wouldn't be re-signing him in fact a fully fit team next year he should be back in peel where it began for him and where he should finish.
Thought he should’ve go the one week AFL imposed suspension then a few weeks to find form and a punishment at Peel for that crap. All the momentum and he did that. Last week he had a poor effort. Yesterday was the cherry. He’s not mentally in games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back