Review Freo Smalls 2 Fast, 2 Furious - Freo Win by 35 Against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Was away for the weekend with no phone reception and no Foxtel. Did you
However have FTA and this game was the first game in years I have watched a channel 7 game for the whole thing.

Holy s**t it's so bad. The constant jerking off of each other, the terrible analysis and constant in jokes made me miss old mate Eddie Maguire.

Positives
  • Flogging Carlton
  • Walters getting reward for effort
  • Lobb played well and kicked some sausages
  • Brodie, how did we get paid to take him? Unbelievable.
  • Brayshaw > LDU forever
  • Brennan Cox is a tank. Great disposal too.
  • Missing our Senior Coach for a couple of weeks plus some assistants this week and continuing to perform. Hopefully a sign that the list is maturing and becoming self driven.
  • Our percentage
  • Blake Acres playing........ well?

Negatives
- We haven't beaten anyone above us on the ladder
Commentators referring to Walters as "Sonny Williams" early on was a highlight for me. Such professionals, such depth of knowledge.

Commentators referring to Walters as "Sonny Williams" early on was a highlight for me. Such professionals, such depth of knowledge.

s**t. Forgot to add:

Channel 7 listing "Angus Brayshaw again outstanding with 27 touches" in the post match interviews.

You want bad commentating? The commentator from the Sowfs/Weags game on the weekend. Kept getting Sowfs players names wrong, calling them by other players names, and half the time just gave up and said "Sowfs player."

Does anyone remember when the Logue highlight was? I want to check out the bench reaction that has been talked about on here.

Not surprised they didn’t rate him, Barlow was racking up the numbers at GC
and reserves yet still went with the shiny toys.
The full rebuild philosophy, without the mature bodies and no love for the jumper
Is flawed.
How good is it to see the purple love from guys who Freo took a gamble on?
GC.need more players like Collins, rather than priority picks.
They did the same with Lyons.

Gold Coast hate players who grind and get the pill.

s**t. Forgot to add:

Channel 7 listing "Angus Brayshaw again outstanding with 27 touches" in the post match interviews.

There’s only one thing worse for them to say, when referring to Andy Brayshaw. “ Sticks Brayshaw again outstanding .... “.

The commentators are so amateur, Mr Cometti would be just shaking his head at their incompetence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the game and everything that's already been posted.

I just want to give a massive shout out out to Logue. There was a passage of play where Curnow sprinted 70-80 metres to receive a mark on the wing. Logue was with him every single step and ended up spoiling it over the boundary line. The look on Curnow's face was a mixture of exhaustion, shock and frustration. You could see in real time how quickly he realised Freo weren't giving them anything cheaply this game.

He even gave Logue a wry smile and Logue gave nothing back. It was clear we were going to win the game and that was the only result possible.

If anyone could possibly create a gif of that I'd be eternally grateful
Demoralised for Curnow. He wouldn't be beaten often in that kind of contest, but the beast had him under control like his biatch.

Not yet, he has put together 4 weeks of not just decent footy but some weeks of actual good footy. Isn't shirking the contests and while he still does some of those up and under kicks to nowhere it's been a lot better.

I will continue to hold my position of President of the Blake Acres is a Spud organisation but he has put together some good form and is not just playing a role within the team but excelling.

Can he continue? Let's hope so but I wouldn't bet on it.
We’ve got a couple of bigger spuds at the moment to worry about

Coaches votes. Brayshaw still overall leader on 37 closely followed by cripps on 35.

10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Andrew Brayshaw (FRE)
6 Lachie Schultz (FRE)
2 Rory Lobb (FRE)
2 Brennan Cox (FRE)
1 Sam Switkowski (FRE)
1 Luke Ryan (FRE)

32 touches to seagull Cerra and no votes. Even Walsh didn’t get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who went to the game and were wondering what the song was played at 3/4 time… Purple Hat - Sofi Tucker

Thought the crowd loved it, hadn’t heard ir at one of our games before

It's been played each game this year. It's a cracking song. I first came across it on Pearce's insta a while back

For those who went to the game and were wondering what the song was played at 3/4 time… Purple Hat - Sofi Tucker

Thought the crowd loved it, hadn’t heard ir at one of our games before

It got me out of my seat and Grooving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back