Review Freo storm home against North

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you notice though that when Fyfe went off we started losing out of the middle again till Johnson went in and we won the next one with 2 involvements from Johnson.

We need that big body for Serong and Brayshaw to get to work around. It's why we got killed last year without Mundy. Young helps but he doesn't yet have the craft of Fyfe or even Johnson at the ball ups. Young might actually do better on the wing and let MJ play inside.
Interesting spot with MJ, he is so much better when on the ball but we just have to keep feeding him other positions at the moment. Has to be straight in the moment we lose Fyfe (for whatever reason) though

Did you notice though that when Fyfe went off we started losing out of the middle again till Johnson went in and we won the next one with 2 involvements from Johnson.

We need that big body for Serong and Brayshaw to get to work around. It's why we got killed last year without Mundy. Young helps but he doesn't yet have the craft of Fyfe or even Johnson at the ball ups. Young might actually do better on the wing and let MJ play inside.

Not really - for mine Young is a better big body than Johnson and better defensively in the centre. I would probably argue he is a better kick in congestion as well. Johnson was in the middle heaps last year and we were getting killed and was having little impact; we ended up moving him out for Young which coincided with us having some good games at the end of the season, and arguably the okay start we are having. That's not say he doesn't have moments in the centre like you mention, but they are few and far between and at the moment I reckon he is more influential on the outside.

And if LDU was any more of a protected species he'd have a World Wildlife Fund webpage.

Easy to look like a million dollars with three umpires riding shotgun.

I worry that LDU is going to have his season ended with a syndesmosis injury as players watch vision of his spins around and around and dump their weight on his legs to bring him down or otherwise tangle up themselves and land on his legs.

He's so strong, but someone needs to grab that spare elbow.

I wish we had a weapon like that, Johnson is very, very close - he just needs the whistle time

I worry that LDU is going to have his season ended with a syndesmosis injury as players watch vision of his spins around and around and dump their weight on his legs to bring him down or otherwise tangle up themselves and land on his legs.

He's so strong, but someone needs to grab that spare elbow.

I wish we had a weapon like that, Johnson is very, very close - he just needs the whistle time
Johnson was better than last week but still got a long way to go. I didn't like how he was afraid to have a shot at goal. Also that butchered 15m to Aish which was out on the full... Tbf he is playing out of position on the wing and he looked right at home when attending the centre bounces.

Johnson was better than last week but still got a long way to go. I didn't like how he was afraid to have a shot at goal. Also that butchered 15m to Aish which was out on the full... Tbf he is playing out of position on the wing and he looked right at home when attending the centre bounces.

He's one of the strongest guys on the squad, we should just keep exposing him at AFL level until he is put on ball all game forever more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were lucky that some of North's young defenders (Sheezel and McKercher) don't know how to defend.
They're not defenders that's why. Also no body strength. They are rolling the dice to get the attacking flair but its going to cost them goals the other way. At least until they bulk up.

Surely Sheezel moves up the ground next year anyway. Seems a waste to have somebody with that talent not impacting forward of center.

I would like to take full credit for our win. We had a friend's son staying with us from Denmark. He is only 20 and is so obsessed with AC/DC on his arm. He left for Melbourne on Saturday, so he missed our game on Sunday, I kept sending him clips each time Freo kicked a goal and AC/DC got played. He has just sent me some pics to show me he went to his very first AFL game today. We now have a new Viking diehard fan who may have been our lucky charm :). I think he will be hooked on purple for life now! He is looking forward to seeing Odin play lol

Wow Roos supporters think they were hard done by the umps..like wtf 😂🤣

The irony of that ball hitting the post not being called out of bounds on the full and being a ball in instead of a shot on goal was delicious.

The spirit of the game has the call last year reversed and the call today reversed, it's would just mean they have Harley Reid.

for those of us who missed it, how was Draper?
He was good. One clanger resulting in a goal. Will need a few more matches to bring himself up to AFL speed compared with WAFL. Couple of spoils and a couple of corrals and neutralising of his opponent. Looks like he belongs and should be B22 within 12 months. Crucial exposure for this kid prior to our 2026 Flag bid.

Wow Roos supporters think they were hard done by the umps..like wtf 😂🤣
It’s a common theme on Bigfooty.

I love reading losing team threads and having a shot every time umpires are mentioned

I always pass out before I reach the second page

Remove this Banner Ad

Back