Freo Whipping boys of yesteryears?

Remove this Banner Ad

#neverforget

suban-gif.1145486

suban2-gif.1145487

for those who can't remember he was fine after his head first tackle and played out the game + the following week

TheInjuryFactory were you the one who turned this into gif form?
giphy.webp

Some nostalgic shouts here. The other category of whipping boy is the one who came with great fanfare & a high price, such as Jesse Hogan & the Great McCarthy. This season's version is of course Luke Jackson, but he's so far performed to the hype & price for the most part.

Also wanna give a shout out to Shane Kersten.

Premiership player Ed Langdon always a popular whipping boy.

Some nostalgic shouts here. The other category of whipping boy is the one who came with great fanfare & a high price, such as Jesse Hogan & the Great McCarthy. This season's version is of course Luke Jackson, but he's so far performed to the hype & price for the most part.

Also wanna give a shout out to Shane Kersten.
Haha Kersten..didn't he unload with a rant on Freo when he got delisted

A bloke that I sat near at Subi was unrelenting in his abuse of McPhee. I’ve never heard anything like it before or since. He would abuse him while walking back to his seat from the bar, abuse him when he was 100m away. Probably still abusing him for something.

A bloke that I sat near at Subi was unrelenting in his abuse of McPhee. I’ve never heard anything like it before or since. He would abuse him while walking back to his seat from the bar, abuse him when he was 100m away. Probably still abusing him for something.
I remember one season when mcphee was monstrous for us, wonder if he shut up then

Danyle Pearce absolutely owns this helped by the length of time he was an automatic selection.

Was surprised to see he played 258 games (154 Port, 104 Freo).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Walker copped a bit on his way to 151 games and life membership.

The noughties ‘Dumb-Arse Brigade’ were regularly dumped on as a whole group. Gilmore, Dodd, Peake, Scotty-too-Hotty for a while before he entered cult status from his mad runs straight down the corridor before botching the kick inside 50 hehe. And the time he beat Chris Masten to a ground ball on the wing at Subi gave him some credits too. But there were about 6 members of the DAB, can’t recall the others right now.

D. Pearce! Definitely didn't deserve it
Yeah he did. Was literally the most frustrating guy we have ever recruited. Would just kick the ball 55 metres forward regardless of who was there, and his supporters would point towards the “metres gained” metric.
Would do my bloody head in.

Do they keep records for how many times you get caught holding the ball? Nick Suban has got to be up there.
Yes

Know he's been mentioned earlier, but Shauny Mac owns this thread. Zac Dawson on the podium.

Bona fide best 22 players regardless of the injury list. Yet some fan's couldn't wait to see the back of them.

Know he's been mentioned earlier, but Shauny Mac owns this thread. Zac Dawson on the podium.

Bona fide best 22 players regardless of the injury list. Yet some fan's couldn't wait to see the back of them.
Shauny Mac played 200 AFL games and could not kick a drop punt…crazy.

McManus was the kind of player who probably wouldn’t have made 100 games at another club, but was also the definition of “best clubman” that we’re lucky we had him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back