Certified Legendary Thread From Injustice to International Cup glory - the Renee Tong story continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost every one of those jumpers looks better than 90% of the AFL 'Reverse Strips'.

I'm all in on India finishing 9th.

Turns out they even have live streams available for this thing. Hidden away on the afl website: http://www.afl.com.au/global/aflic14

Also match replays, although looking at the results it doesn't look like there have been too many close ones played so far that would be worth watching.

Some of the upcoming fixtures might be worth a watch though, like Ireland vs New Zealand who I'm guessing would be the top two teams. Probably could include Nauru and the USA 1 or Canada 1 teams in there too.

Last edited:
Game 1:

USA Freedom: 9.10 (64)

Canada Midnight Suns: 1.2 (8)

Goals

USA Freedom: Hoha 3, Kastanek 2, Edwards-Rohner, Mims, Brower, Teufal

Canada Midnight Suns: Fenton

Best players

USA Freedom: Edwards-Rohner, Lee, Brower, Kastanek, Teufal

Canada Midnight Suns: Stevens, Shannon, Fernandez, Tong, De Silva, Beaudin

I saw tonga heading in to have dinner with her teammates at South Wharf a couple of nights ago, but I was in a hurry and couldn't stop to wish her luck. Good to see you in the bests Renee. Keep up the great work!

Apparently our red jackets stand out, especially when we travel in packs! If you ever see red jackets, feel free to say hi - we've had lots of fun chatting with the locals.

The Suns have a bye this week, but will be back in action on Monday the 18th against Ireland at 11 am at McAlister Oval. Hope to see you there/ have you follow along :)

Apparently our red jackets stand out, especially when we travel in packs! If you ever see red jackets, feel free to say hi - we've had lots of fun chatting with the locals.

The Suns have a bye this week, but will be back in action on Monday the 18th against Ireland at 11 am at McAlister Oval. Hope to see you there/ have you follow along :)
Trust me, if I'd had time to stop and say 'G'day' I would have. 11am on a Monday is probably going to be difficult for a guy in the corporate machine but I'll see what I can do. I didn't stalk the Zwickers on Facebook to help get you out here only to miss out on seeing you play :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northern Lights made the GF not the Midnight Suns.

Yep, the Northern Lights made the GF, but the Midnight Suns are playing the 3 v 4 game tomorrow! Not too bad for a team that assembled itself in 2 days! We're going to be facing off against the USA's first team. Wish us luck! 11 am game at Royal Park for anyone that can make it.

And really... thanks again for everyone that helped myself and the team out along the way. Its been over a year in the making and now its down to the last game of the tourney. You guys are the best.

Yep, the Northern Lights made the GF, but the Midnight Suns are playing the 3 v 4 game tomorrow! Not too bad for a team that assembled itself in 2 days! We're going to be facing off against the USA's first team. Wish us luck! 11 am game at Royal Park for anyone that can make it.

And really... thanks again for everyone that helped myself and the team out along the way. Its been over a year in the making and now its down to the last game of the tourney. You guys are the best.
Best of luck Renee, you've been all class from day 1!

Will be barracking for you guys from the other side of the country tomorrow!

Football>Barrel Racing.

Heading to the Canada vs Tonga men's game soonish. Probably will only be able to stay for the first half. Will have my new Canada jumper on. Wave if you see me.
Was a pretty good game and a well earned win by the GOOD CANADIAN KIDS! Especially loved the hanger by the Canadian full forward (Koslowski I think?) for the first goal of the game and how fired up the Canadian bench got watching it. Definitely a step up in intensity from the first game vs China. Just a shame I had to get back to work and couldn't stay for the last quarter.

BTW, tonga that was me rudely interrupting your conversation at half time. I was so starstruck I forgot to introduce myself properly. Was lovely to meet you.

Renee ended up being named in the World Team as one of the best players of the tournament....

B: Alexa Blatnik (USA), Malia Afuha’Amango (Tonga), Catherine Georgiadis (USA Liberty)
HB: Fiona Roarty (Ireland), Salote Matakibau (Fiji), Hilary Perry (Canada)
C: Emma Dickinson (Canada), Amy Legault (C)(Canada), Paula Keatley (Ireland)
R: Hallie Lee (USA), Laura Corrigan (VC)(Ireland), Emma Kelly (Ireland)
HF: Veronica Fernandez (Canada), Kirsten Bodashefsky (Canada), Kendra Heil (Canada)
F: Sara Edwards-Rohner (USA), Aimee Hazely (Ireland), Kim Hemenway (USA)
INT: Renee Tong (Canada), Lara Hilmi (Canada), Gill Behan (Ireland), Danah Arnold (Canada)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-22/canadians-irish-head-ic14-world-teams

Awesome stuff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back