Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to say the schache interview build up was over the top is an understatement.

For an exclusive interview I think it was more like spring a surprise interview.

Said some positive things about the club,
Response about Richmond was more like WTF where did that come from.
Didn't commit further than saying "working with his manger thru it"

As others have mentioned, looks under pressure and yes Matthew Lloyd is the flogiest of floggers.

Schache is gone and the only loyalty he has is to himself and his manager. Clearly Schache and his manager must go way back given that in his interview, it comes across that his manager will decide his future and not Schache himself.

At no stage did Schache own what is occurring, that he is knowingly being shopped around or the surprise at the rumours that his non-commitment has caused. What utter s**t.

Schache was clearly lying through his teeth that whole interview particularly of his "thanks" to the Lions.

Schache is gone and the only loyalty he has is to himself and his manager. Clearly Schache and his manager must go way back given that Schache's interview comes across as his manager will decide his future and not Schache himself.

Schache was clearly lying through his teeth that whole interview particularly of his "thanks" to the Lions.

HwmB7t7krGnao.webp

Jesus Christ.

HwmB7t7krGnao.webp

Jesus Christ.
Schache is gone and the only loyalty he has is to himself and his manager. Clearly Schache and his manager must go way back given that Schache's interview comes across as his manager will decide his future and not Schache himself.

You'd hope McLuggage has got the message, and is now auditioning managers.

Eh, maybe wait until he's actually left before getting stuck in but then again, how else have we managed to get to three thousand plus posts about a guy leaving or not.

Listening to the interview it is painfully clear that his tense is all past when referring to us. He becomes all confused and fuddled when trying to dance around his manager and Richmond! Sadly he is gone and he is as good as at Richmond post 2017. Poor management and choice by all concerned to leave club that showed so much faith in him.

Schache speculation ‘blown up’
JOSH Schache says speculation on his future has been “blown up” with the Brisbane Lions batting away talk on his contract status.

Schache, whose future has been the centre of speculation all season with several Victorian clubs poised to offer the promising forward, was all praise for the Lions and said he would work through his next deal with his manager.

2094c2e681b60bd6fb503ed6623c54c2

Out of contract at the end of the season and poised to be offered lucrative long-term deals from rival clubs, Schache said he was unsure where all the talk had come from.

“I think a lot of speculation (that’s been) going through the media has been all blown up out of nowhere,” Schache said on the Nine Network last night.

“Me and my management ... He (manager David Trotter) hasn’t been shopping me, he hasn’t been doing anything wrong. Stuff has been going on, I have been pretty hard to believe with what the media has been saying.”

Asked if he intended meeting with rival clubs, Schache tried to downplay the hype. “Obviously I am enjoying my time with the Brisbane Lions, so I’ll work with my manager and see how things go.”

The young forward, taken with pick 2 in the 2015 AFL Draft, acknowledged it had “been a little bit tough” dealing with ongoing speculation, and thanked the Lions for their support.
Schache has booted six goals from six games this season but last week was told to break from footy, returning home to Seymour to recharge his batteries ahead of the second half of 2017.

"I am thankful for what the club has been able to do for me and my family and working closely with my family and working closely with my management,” he said. “I couldn’t say anything bad about Brisbane Lions. They’ve been awesome supporting me through this time, with the family and couldn’t thank them enough.”
:rolleyes:

You really can't draw any conclusions from that interview other than he is obviously a nice guy, he is emotional and confused about the attention he is receiving and the amount of bullshit opinions about his decision. This is probably the first time he has seen the dark side of the afl, where reporters will say anything to sell a story. I really do think all he needs is for browny to roll up the highway with a 6 pack of beers and be a shoulder to lean on. He will re-sign, hopefully.

Last edited:
Didn't see anything wrong apart from a young guy who needs a bit of media training and that flog asking the questions has zero class.

So young and not coping with the pressure of failing to meet his potential and the poor management of him. He looks very naive and more than likely homesick. There is no other reason why he wouldn't be re signing with the club offering a sizeable contract.

Looks gone. Really thought he was a lock last year. Unbelievable!

I hope I'm wrong

I think he's probably an honest kid who is really uncomfortable with having to hide things.

I'm a tiny little bit more comfortable after having seen that interview. Not because I believe he's staying, but if for whatever reason he doesn't move I think the lack of ego would make it easier for him to adjust to staying at the Lions after having been through the speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's probably an honest kid who is really uncomfortable with having to hide things.
If that's true could be being directed to hide the fact that he's staying but holding out for more money..

Definitely uncomfortable...

So he's off then?

It seems certain he's talking to other clubs through his manager. He's hiding that at the very least.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's gone, but I wouldn't take evens on him staying.

If that's true could be being directed to hide the fact that he's staying but holding out for more money..

Certainly possible. It doesn't seem like he'd go through this process for a few extra dollars though.

It seems certain he's talking to other clubs through his manager. He's hiding that at the very least.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's gone, but I wouldn't take evens on him staying.

Certainly possible. It doesn't seem like he'd go through this process for a few extra dollars though.
Maybe not by his directive but maybe the pig trotter's. Hence the uncomfortable vibe.

Anyway I haven't given up on the kid..

For once Hutchy speaks some sense. Kid wouldn't be put in this position if he was locked in to a four year contract. He would be two years older and wiser for starters. As for the questions. Didn't see anything particularly objectionable about them. Is obviously going to be asked about Richmond and poor form by his manager not to have schooled him better on his answers. The more I see of it the more I am convinced that he has decided to leave but is timing his announcement, based on his manager's advice. His manager should have a look at that interview and the kids demeanour and reconsider his strategy.

Last edited:
Seems very nervous and anxious. I think he might be suffering from some form of mental health issues TBH. Club has done everything possible to make him comfortable. Let's hope he can get some rest, get some time off and and start to enjoy his footy again.
I get this feeling too. That's why I cringe at some of the stuff that's written on here about the kid.

Seems a really shy kid that is genuinely unsure on what the best way to confront this.. When you look at the difference between him and say Rhys Mathieson there is a significant lack of confidence.. it's really amazing a 19 YO is having to go through this he is not mentally or emotionally developed.. I think a snowball effect could have occurred and this is obviously why he is playing so timid on the field..

People develop at different stages emotionally and if you told me that was a 16 YO kid I would not even bat an eyelid..

Not taking any guesses either way just mainly talking about how he looked on camera.. almost looked a bit scared and nervous of the camera.. very shy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back