Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a quote from Bevo in the Herald Sun from early March. Saying that we are about to re-emerge, insinuating that we are going to improve. In the article he also says he feels we are better place than we were last year.

A month later it’s all about us being in a period of evolution, insinuating that are a in a reset.

So, which one is it? Has his view of the list really changed in a month? Big issues for our overall strategy if that’s the case:

“That’s what I am pretty proud of … each time we have been able to re-emerge – and yes, we didn’t make the finals last year and we bowed out too quickly the year before (2022) – but we are still in the mix. I believe we are about to re-emerge.”

Does not get simpler than that to see confusion reigns at the Kennel

Exhibit A your honour

If and when the inevitable happens. I’d love the club to be bold. And even if it were for half a season I’d like the club to get Nathan Buckley for the second half of the season. The wisdom and leadership and totally different way to look at the game would be invaluable whether he continued or not. We as a club should never waste an opportunity or match or waste half a season. We are treading water and wasting time at the moment.
Totally agree with Buckley. I’d like to see him replace Chris Grant now and be in position to be senior coach if/when Bevo resigns. If he did become senior coach he could bring his own appointment to the current Grant position.

This is a quote from Bevo in the Herald Sun from early March. Saying that we are about to re-emerge, insinuating that we are going to improve. In the article he also says he feels we are better place than we were last year.

A month later it’s all about us being in a period of evolution, insinuating that are a in a reset.

So, which one is it? Has his view of the list really changed in a month? Big issues for our overall strategy if that’s the case:

“That’s what I am pretty proud of … each time we have been able to re-emerge – and yes, we didn’t make the finals last year and we bowed out too quickly the year before (2022) – but we are still in the mix. I believe we are about to re-emerge.”
I think both can be true. Re-emergence has to take place under match conditions. There's tinkering here and there to find the right blend/mix that can only be realistically done on exposed form under match conditions.

After the bye is the real acid test for me. There's opportunity between now and then to have a look at a couple players who may make a difference. There's a couple of positional tweaks that could be explored.

A forward line that contains Naughts, JUH and Darcy has a lot of potential. So I'm patient at this point. There are a couple of things to work out. The volume and quality of supply to those guys primarily, and the organisation of those same guys to maximise the opportunities that supply will provide. The two are linked.

The same area that is responsible for supply also has to find a way to defend effectively.

There are challenges within this season and it's unsurprising that we don't have the answer yet. If there is an answer within this list and season, I suspect we find it after the bye.

I think both can be true. Re-emergence has to take place under match conditions. There's tinkering here and there to find the right blend/mix that can only be realistically done on exposed form under match conditions.

After the bye is the real acid test for me. There's opportunity between now and then to have a look at a couple players who may make a difference. There's a couple of positional tweaks that could be explored.

A forward line that contains Naughts, JUH and Darcy has a lot of potential. So I'm patient at this point. There are a couple of things to work out. The volume and quality of supply to those guys primarily, and the organisation of those same guys to maximise the opportunities that supply will provide. The two are linked.

The same area that is responsible for supply also has to find a way to defend effectively.

There are challenges within this season and it's unsurprising that we don't have the answer yet. If there is an answer within this list and season, I suspect we find it after the bye.
I hope you are correct.

It feels very familiar to me though. Eternally on the cusp of a new dawn.

I love the club. But we need to stop accepting mediocrity. Our history of success is subpar. The club has given Bevo every opportunity to develop a side of sustained excellence (his own stated intention). This season and the last two clearly show that it is time for a change. I hope and expect that Bevo and the club will come to an amicable standdown once our season is clearly cooked.
Agree, but the same people abusing the club are the same people who called our midfield "generational"
The same people who say Bont must be injured if he has a bad minute
Our fans create our own mediocrety, we whine to much.

Agree, but the same people abusing the club are the same people who called our midfield "generational"

Yeah it’s definitely the supporters fault. If only we had better supporters we’d probably be top four now. Bont would never miss easy goals if it wasn’t for those pesky supporters. I think at least half of them should just leave and not buy memberships.

Are they the same people?
Given I think Bont IS carrying an injury, and I've never said either of the other 2 things, I don't believe you. Unless of course you can exhibit posts proving your "claim"...?

Yeah it’s definitely the supporters fault. If only we had better supporters we’d probably be top four now. Bont would never miss easy goals if it wasn’t for those pesky supporters. I think at least half of them should just leave and not buy memberships.
Have you ever read a match day thread!
You obviously don't believe in energy, we have loser members.
FACT
We need to change our sooky culture

Players in other teams are faster - outrun ours; stronger - shrug our tackles, apply tackles that we can’t shrug; can mark strongly overhead and in packs - we get knocked out of the way; win one-on-one duels; out-body us. Could a new coach fix all that quickly with the current squad?
lol we’re not getting Buckley mid season. He’d be contracted with media.
I agree we’re not getting Buckley. But they wouldn’t stand in his way if he actually wanted the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FACT

What type? Are you talking about thermal, chemical, gravitational etc. or some kind of spooky voodoo energy whereby supporters sooking on a forum somehow affects the team's performance? I'd have thought a man with a private school education, such as yourself, would be more rational.

Tbh the "loser members" comes across as self projecting. You're not a loser - you are a valuable human being and you deserve love, just like everyone else.

FACT
Energy??

Explain Facebook Live GIF

How can I be as good of a supporter as you? Please teach me your ways

In 2022 I was a big advocate for moving on from Luke and last year I wrote him a eulogy. My energy has shifted this year, I believe the change we should be making is moving on from Ameet as CEO immediately. My preference would be bringing in Simon Lloyd who just left Geelong after being overlooked for the CEO role (Steve Hocking).

On Ameet, my main gripes are:
  • Led the review which endorsed Luke AND recommended a 2 year extension.
  • Falling revenue from commercial activities (sponsorship $) despite having some of the most marketable players in the AFL
  • Falling revenue $ per membership. Our membership revenue is $1m less than St Kilda (2023) after being level 12m ago, this is despite record membership numbers
  • Lack of formal out reach programs in Melbourne growth corridors, with too much resources dedicated to Ballarat
  • No clear future strategy or direction on and off field
  • Under resourcing our football department. This i believe is a critical piece of our rapid decline in recent years.
  • Lack of creative thinking and passive moves for a small club.

Overall i believe he has benefited off so much of his predecessors and Peter Gordons work. He lacks both the commercial and football acumen (see his St Kilda mess) to drive us forward and has been a big part of the mess we are in now.

TL/DR sack Bains before Bevo.

In 2022 I was a big advocate for moving on from Luke and last year I wrote him a eulogy. My energy has shifted this year, I believe the change we should be making is moving on from Ameet as CEO immediately. My preference would be bringing in Simon Lloyd who just left Geelong after being overlooked for the CEO role (Steve Hocking).

• Falling revenue from commercial activities (sponsorship $) despite having some of the most marketable players in the AFL
  • Falling revenue $ per membership. Our membership revenue is $1m less than St Kilda (2023) after being level 12m ago, this is despite record membership numbers
  • Lack of formal out reach programs in Melbourne growth corridors, with too much resources dedicated to Ballarat
  • Under resourcing our football department. This i believe is a critical piece of our rapid decline in recent years.

Overall i believe he has benefited off so much of his predecessors and Peter Gordons work. He lacks both the commercial and football acumen (see his St Kilda mess) to drive us forward and has been a big part of the mess we are in now.

Must admit I am thinking along similar lines.

This is an interesting take which I'm in no position to confirm or rebuke.

Interesting nonetheless.

Has any club sacked a coach mid season and gone to appoint their next full time coach straight away (externally)? Its always an interim coach to finish the year yeah? I am just trying to get my head around why people are saying be ballsy and get Bucks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back