Gaff coward punch assault on Andy thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruns is right. A 12 month ban is not excessive, especially if criminal charges will not be pursued by the Brayshaws. It would be a good compromise between criminal/AFL penalties. Unfortunately it won't happen. The AFL should have done this with Hall, and won't do it now.

The question I will ask is, if this exact same incident occurred in a game between the Ballajura Boomers & Como Cougars ( very classy E Grade Amo teams ), what would have been the outcome.

Methinks :-

Player goes done.
Big melee.
Teams separated.
Offender dragged off field by team mates ( his safety )
Made clear that if the offender returns, riot could occur.
Offender sits down, play starts again.
After game, club Presidents have a good chat and smoke the peace pipe.
Clubs jointly advise that the tribunal process has started.
Both clubs strongly concerned with injured players health.

I reckon the player when found guilty of this Amo's offence, would get 10 weeks and his club could tell him to POQ. As this is Amo"s and there will be high health bills, that is where civil charges may come in.

When he said they had played golf together he meant it figuratively, apparently. He didn't mean that they had actually attended a golf course and played golf in the company of one another... or had even actually met. Or communicated.
Some less mature people may have missed the nuance in his comment that they played golf together. Of course he didn't mean in the sense of actually doing it. Stop taking things so literally.
Classic! lol

As much as we want to hate anyone WC Gaff is the equivalent of SHill throwing a punch in that otherwise he’s a pretty quiet guy. On the back of that I reckon he’ll only get 8 weeks.
I get more of a worm vibe from Gaff, there's no way he would have done this to a senior player

Angus Brayshaw:

"He squared up to him as far as i can see, He's lookimg at him then just collects, absolutely ruined Andrew's mouth with his fist. He's an 18 yr old kid and there is no way Andrew would have done anything to warrant it."

Looks like Brayshaws aren't as happy as Nisbet would have us believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a tidbit for those concerned about Andy's wellbeing. The break is a crack as opposed to a total break (apologies for the vagueness, but I am no doctor) and the teeth are still there, although loose.

....Oh, and Nisbett's claim about playing golf together is nonsense and I hope he is called to task on that.

Edit: Horrible incident and I'd like to see 8-10 weeks, even if that means Gaff misses the chance to play for my team in the first few rounds of next year.

I just quickly checked out the last few pages of the thread on the WC board. So many tears about how the media is treating them. Apparently Wayne Carey and David King are the only sensible voices - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... omg whole body hurting from laughing...

Others trying to deflect back to our apparent culture issues by bringing up the Silvagni hit on Cripps from a few years back and mostly just making **** up about that and other incidents. Very much trying to avoid the whole topic of their Chief Ego Officer being the biggest POS in AFL history. The smart move by them would be to turn on Nisbett now. Just sacrifice him - he's the reason why a whole bunch of people stopped supporting them a few years back, and will be again if they don't get rid of him. No doubt they'll turn on Gaff as well but will wait until he chooses a Victorian team to move to.

Angus Brayshaw:

"He squared up to him as far as i can see, He's lookimg at him then just collects, absolutely ruined Andrew's mouth with his fist. He's an 18 yr old kid and there is no way Andrew would have done anything to warrant it."

Lachie Neale on 94.5 gave the same messages when one of the presenters tried to go on about what a great bloke Gaffy was. I was so proud of Lachie!

Angus Brayshaw:

Shame Gaff isn't there in a couple of weeks when the Dees take on the scum

I just quickly checked out the last few pages of the thread on the WC board. So many tears about how the media is treating them. Apparently Wayne Carey and David King are the only sensible voices - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... omg whole body hurting from laughing...

Others trying to deflect back to our apparent culture issues by bringing up the Silvagni hit on Cripps from a few years back and mostly just making **** up about that and other incidents. Very much trying to avoid the whole topic of their Chief Ego Officer being the biggest POS in AFL history. The smart move by them would be to turn on Nisbett now. Just sacrifice him - he's the reason why a whole bunch of people stopped supporting them a few years back, and will be again if they don't get rid of him. No doubt they'll turn on Gaff as well but will wait until he chooses a Victorian team to move to.
King and Carey? and Simpson? see a link here?

What I find the most amusing is when you bring up the cheering of the coward, literally 100% of West Coast supporters on BF I've seen reckoned they had absolutely no idea whatsoever about the incident until after the game.

Just to put things in perspective, there is a somewhat similar case running in the Perth Childrens' Court right now.

One girl has assaulted another girl leaving the victim with possible permanent injuries. The defendant's lawyer has gone all 'Gaff' on things and made the claim that it was one incident in 3 years but the magistrate shut that down immediately

The teenager’s lawyer said her client had played football for three years and said the alleged incident was an isolated one.

“It’s one incident that potentially changes another player’s life forever,” Mr Vose said in reply.

So much for the good bloke defence or the good girl defence. I'd like to think that the AFL would adopt a similar position but I'm not hopeful.

For those who want to read it all: https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...ing-perth-junior-football-match-ng-b88920581z

What I find the most amusing is when you bring up the cheering of the coward, literally 100% of West Coast supporters on BF I've seen reckoned they had absolutely no idea whatsoever about the incident until after the game.
Apparently no West Coast supporters own phones?!? I get that they are a very old demographic supporter base but I can't remember the last time I watched a football game live where something happened and the whole block I was in didn't know what happened within a few moments after someone looked it up on their phone. Just woeful excuse after woeful excuse.. digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back