Injury Gardiner out for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hammo reporting he'll need a shoulder reconstruction

Noble said Gardiner was likely to be able to join in the running program when pre-season began and even if he was a late starter for contact work, he would be in full training before Christmas.

“Once he gets it out of the sling he can start running, so his fitness won’t be a problem and then it is just a matter of when it can be put through contact work,’’ he said.

At the risk of sounding like a complete hipster, I boarded the Dizzy Gardiner Love Train about two seasons ago. I'm glad he is finally starting to receive the plaudits he deserves from our fans and opponents alike. In all honestly I have not seen much difference between the things he was doing this year and last - no doubt there has been a natural progression in his craft (particularly offensively), however I have found him to be a key part of our defence for a while now.

All the best Dizz, despite this injury setback, you should be very pleased with your season in 2018.

At the risk of sounding like a complete hipster, I boarded the Dizzy Gardiner Love Train about two seasons ago. I'm glad he is finally starting to receive the plaudits he deserves from our fans and opponents alike. In all honestly I have not seen much difference between the things he was doing this year and last - no doubt there has been a natural progression in his craft (particularly offensively), however I have found him to be a key part of our defence for a while now.

All the best Dizz, despite this injury setback, you should be very pleased with your season in 2018.

Did you get shouted down upon boarding?!

This is a great chance for someone like Mayes, Hinge or Dawson to finish the season off in the 1s. Hope Dizzy gets a full preseason.

I can't remember the last time someone has given Dizzy a bath. Still think he is severely underrated outside of the club and really l think he should be in the discussions of AA squad. Rarely gets beaten and can play on smalls, mediums and talls.

Coaches and players would not underrate him

We can see now why Boyd said he was the best defender in the juniors

Dizzy had a wonderful season, less silly free kicks, same combative nature, more dash and excellent ball use. He’d be in my second 2 AA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good season from Dizzy. Book the surgery in, get him rehabbed, start training around Christmas and he will be right for the start of next season.

If it had to happen, this was about the best point in the season for it.

At the risk of sounding like a complete hipster, I boarded the Dizzy Gardiner Love Train about two seasons ago.
But did you have to pay for your B&F ticket?

His form this season has been rock solid but he's one of those unfashionable defenders who doesn't get much love in media circles.

Hard luck for him, especially the freaky way he did the injury

Get well soon Charlie and come back bigger and better next season

At least Butler is back in.
2500361e8d4c1515749f6bcee13330c9.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back