Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Hopefully this continues to highlight the issues at the club and creates a movement for change.
Fogarty - exceptional again in a losing team.
Smith/Seedman actually giving a s**t.

Bad:
Douglas - continues to prove he is cooked.
Gibbs - no intensity whatsoever. Our worst trade ever..get him out. 12 disposals for a midfielder is diabolical.
Sloane - poor again.
Lynch - pathetic again, needs to be moved on. This whole 'connector' thing is garbage. He is glacially slow, doesn't tackle and is not accumulating any more.
Jones - didn't watch the second half but his first was shockingly bad. I assume he improved once we actually played him in his position in the midfield.
Milera - no intensity whatsoever. Seems like he will always be a flaky player for us.
Murphy - really shits me. He always put himself in a position for a mark instead of crumbing. He also looks terrified when he has a set shot and his field kicking is horrendous.
Lol Mackay - just pathetic as always and represents what is wrong with this football club. 0 tackles and 15 disposals. Such a Mackay game that seems to be rewarded with continual selection and another contract by the sounds of it. I can't wait for the day the Mackay era ends.

Ugly:
This football club - this is worst state I have ever seen the list/football department. Yet we remain in the 8, what a joke. They will probably pat themselves on the back for making it if they do with minimal changes going forward. I am honestly so disillusioned with this club. We have bled coaches for years and replace them with hacks, i.e. Milburn, Pods, ROK, Teague, Francou, and others. Look at the competition, Collingwood have winners across every line of their football department.
Pyke - I have been defending him this year saying that he is being hamstrung by his assistants/Burton but there comes a point where he needs to take responsibility and make changes. His selection philosophy is disgusting and leads to disgruntled youngsters who by the time they get games they are under immense pressure to keep their spot or they will lose it to a Mackay/Douglas etc. He needs to go I think, whether it is this year or next year, the time has come. He continually blames players for not executing rather than the coaches for not instructing them properly, or having a gameplan that suits the players. I have had enough of him and want him gone.

So you agree with me now?

jenny61_99 seems I didn’t need a degree, just commonsense
Godden lied.

I do agree that selection was to get Sauce his 200th game over strategy.

The matchday evidence suggests this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Godden lied.

At least you can acknowledge it. You fell for the bullshit we spin on a weekly basis.

jenny61_99 your turn? Perhaps an apology? It appears my commonsense was just fine and it was you people that were wrong.

Godden lied.

Why was it so important for our Club to get Sauce to 200 games, its not like he played all of them for us either?

I agree the strategy excuse is bs.

Why was it so important for our Club to get Sauce to 200 games, its not like he played all of them for us either?

Perhaps it was to show how good Grundy is and we must get him as he can pants two ruckmen. It's like our players don't want to make the finals and.just want the season to be over .. I know I feel that way.

Serious? It’s because our club is plastic and internally they wouldn’t want to upset the group by dropping Jacobs for his 200th.

Serious? It’s because our club is plastic and internally they wouldn’t want to upset the group by dropping Jacobs for his 200th.
Could have got round this by saying we will rest ROB for finals and play sauce for his 200th. But as it turns out we cant beat the Pies seconds side so either way club looks dumb.

I am being serious, I guess you have validated my thoughts on just how plastic we are.

We literally gift games to players, I dont respect every 200 game player at our Club because some of them dont deserve to have been on our list for that long or have played the number of games that they have.

If Sauce was say a premiership player at our Club I could understand us doing this only if this was to be his last year as well with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's our next captain?

If Sloane and Walker do what Boak has done - step back and focus on their own game and fitness - who would the candidates be?
5d8b91c3864a22c47a710992a1cf084a

It really summed it up in the last quarter, watching Milera running with the ball. At first he was going to boot it long, but you could see the look on his face when he remembered the gameplan. He then missed Sloane with a 15m pass.
It's criminal what this club has done to Milera this season :mad:

Imagine my delight when I saw a starting midfield of Sloane, Crouch and Crouch.

The same combo that has been annihlated in pretty much every game since the bye.
And a consistent feature of most losses we have .....Slaone cannot play his style of footy in the midfield for a full 4 qtrs .....great player, but he's still quite slight

Really want to see Sloane on a HBF next season .....I'll sound like a broken record, but trade Matt Crouch, keep Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back