Games & Recreation GD AFL Thread- all things footy and dim sims back when it used to be good

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting torched by GWS in 2016, or a game against the Dogs in 2009 when it was like 80-2 at one point.

Im fairly certain Geelong hold the very proud record of being the team to lose first to all the interstate teams.

Might not be Gold coast... but im sure we were first to lose to West Coast, Crows, Port, etc etc :)

Classic.

PS. no s**t throwing or stirring in this thread pls. We all know Hawthorn are good and win flags. We know.

This was the game I knew we wouldn't win the flag that year

You can't even yell racist abuse at Indigenous players anymore. Political correctness is out of control.

This dyke told me to put out my cigarette so I went "Shut up, dyke!" then the PC thought police security guards made me leave the stadium. What a world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite game from that era is still the 1986 first semi between Port and Woodville. Woodville had been s**t forever and Port won bloody everything back then. It was the first sign of Blight's genius as a coach that he got the Woodville to the finals which they eventually lost in the Prelim. Everybody's second team that fortnight was the Warriors.

I didn't start following AFL until the very late 90s so there's not really any good old days for me... yet.

I was born in Melbourne but all my childhood was in Queensland so my good old days of sport were passionately following the old BRL (Brisbane Rugby League) competition from the mid 1960s until my conversion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back