Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies Season 14 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

PLAYER SIGNING ANNOUNCMENT!!!!

Please make welcome Bartel and whoopsman who have both signed on for Season 14 today.

Bartel is a former Gumby who is making a return after some time off. Whilst whoopsman is a new player to the SFA.

GO GUMBIES!!!

Welcome guys, S14 will be the year of the Gumbies i can feel it.:thumbsu:
just a question to the captain, when will know what position we will be for the upcoming season? Can we make requests?

Hey guys, great to be on board.

Looking foward to a premiership this season. :D:thumbsu:

Go Gumbies!!!
GG11!!!

I would do it if I had a sim but how about we have a warm up game within our club...?

Say Gumbies vs Collingwood or something like that.

Just a thought.

Alright, cool, looking forward to it.

But it would still be nice to kick some Collingwood ass. ;)

just a question to the captain, when will know what position we will be for the upcoming season? Can we make requests?
Maybe we can do what a couple of other teams are doing were the commited players state their Username, Number and 3 prefered positions

E.g.
Name - Lion Cub 16
Preferred Number - 16
Preferred Position #1 - R/R
Preferred Position #2 - HF
Preferred Position #3 - HB

Or we do it like last season, where there isn't any 1st in best dressed type and the captain chooses the team

You can certainly request your 3 preferred positions again, but remember that our club rewards activity aswell as sim form, so theres no guarentee youll get your preffered position/s but if your active enough you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will stay active if I can get a good spot... Would love a run in the midfield with peterss and Lion Cub but if not available, would love to go along side with Eagleoz on the wing. :)

But anyway...

Preferred Positions:
#1: Ruck Rover
#2: Wing
#3: Half Foward Flank

Also a quick question, do we have an exact date for the mobbs medal so we know when the praccy match will be?

Also a quick question, do we have an exact date for the mobbs medal so we know when the praccy match will be?

That is the question of the past two weeks, the name on all the mens room walls and the secret passcode to all the good spots at night. What do we have for the man Johnny?

Dunno, hasn't been set yet, your guess is as good as mine, what's in your trunk as a placeholder? :p

Thanks skip.
Also axis_miles would like to be #20

Done!

Also im thinking about running a practice match against a WAFL side or something, give us a bit of a hit out before our pre-season scratchies against the Shagons etc.

We still need atleast one more player for the coming season aswell to have a squad to submit each week. So if i do a game ill just chuck in one of last years players, invite them down to training and what not ;)

Done!

Also im thinking about running a practice match against a WAFL side or something, give us a bit of a hit out before our pre-season scratchies against the Shagons etc.

We still need atleast one more player for the coming season aswell to have a squad to submit each week. So if i do a game ill just chuck in one of last years players, invite them down to training and what not ;)

i was thinking of who would make the 2011 All Australian team, would be good to play against a team like that. be good matching up against Judd,Mitchell,Buddy and the likes.
What u think?

It is hard to come up with an All Australian team but here is my list
EAGLEOZ83's ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM 2011

BP FB BP
D.GLASS N.BOCK C.YARREN
HBF CHB HBF
B.DELEDIO S.FISHER L.DAVIS
W C W
D.THOMAS C.JUDD {C} S.PENDLES
HFF CHF HFF
M.MURPHY T.CLOKE N.DAL SANTO
FP FF FP