Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh but you aren’t beating good sides without Cameron and Danger and SDK are so much better then their alternatives that you look a different side
Our form has been off for 3 weeks. There's just too much off currently to lazily slap it down to absentees.

The players didn't handle the conditions, the mids were smashed even more than usual and the defence had a collective meltdown from usually solid players (two weeks in a row). Tackles not sticking all night or not being deemed effective enough to earn HTB. Even the defensive transition and inside 50s last night were off.

Anyway, we all support clubs differently. I think umpiring and injury whinging should at the least be mostly contained to club boards. The chest beating "wait till we have our players back" on the main board is utterly cringe worthy.

Our form has been off for 3 weeks. There's just too much off currently to lazily slap it down to absentees.

The players didn't handle the conditions, the mids were smashed even more than usual and the defence had a collective meltdown from usually solid players (two weeks in a row). Tackles not sticking all night or not being deemed effective enough to earn HTB. Even the defensive transition and inside 50s last night were off.

Anyway, we all support clubs differently. I think umpiring and injury whinging should at the least be mostly contained to club boards. The chest beating "wait till we have our players back" on the main board is utterly cringe worthy.
It’s just commonsense that injuries play a part. It is often the difference between having a good list and a poor/average one.

The fact that McCartin is out tonight gives me hope because we actually have a chance of exploiting them now.

It’s just commonsense that injuries play a part. It is often the difference between having a good list and a poor/average one.

The fact that McCartin is out tonight gives me hope because we actually have a chance of exploiting them now.
I'm talking about the posters who roll them out every single post and make out as if it's the only thing denying them victories, while also adding disclaimers to opposition ("oh but you don't have to deal with THIS).

No, it's not you I'm talking about. It sets seriously low standards as each game starts getting talked about as a free hit. It was adversity's fault. Again if it happened here and there, fine. I'm talking about the week-in, week-outers.

It is at the point that the ones who obsess over excuses to that degree should simply add them to their signature. It must be exhausting to add disclaimers to every single post while refusing to acknowledge what the players out there have failed to do.

I remember Collingwood being 5-0 in 2000 only to lose 14 of their next 15 games and end up finishing second last!

I’ve seen enough from Geelong to suggest a similar fate awaits for them this season

This take is genuinely cooked if you think Geelong is a bottom 4 side.

Last edited:
For instance HavUEvaSeenTheRain , could you imagine how pathetic it would be if the GFC supporters of BigFooty said the only reason Geelong has lost the past 3 weeks was because of missing players and poor umpiring? That Melbourne, Port and Gold Coast deserved no credit...that the Cats will be back and these games are simply mulligans until the troops return? Spitting venom at Suns supporters rather than acknowledging their brilliant display - "you're no good, that was a fluke"?

Nah, that's weak stuff. If you do this consistently it speaks to being somewhat of a bad loser. They do the exact same stuff they criticise Chris Scott for, so they are hypocrites too.

Hardwick strikes again!!!

Remember Cats fans injuries aren’t an excuse apparently

6c77cd14ce45ce82223f41725f884c08.jpg

Hardwick strikes again!!!

Remember Cats fans injuries aren’t an excuse apparently

6c77cd14ce45ce82223f41725f884c08.jpg
They aren't an excuse, which separates our accountable supporters from your pathetic cry baby deflectors in Tiger land.

7-3 is an accurate appraisal of where this Geelong side sits, much like 1-9 or 2-8 after this weekend sums up Richmond nicely.

But they have injuries!!!!!!!!!!!
They aren't an excuse, which separates our accountable supporters from your pathetic cry baby deflectors in Carlton land.

Win, lose or draw - just count the amount of injury references/cop outs from Carlton supporters on the main board over the next 24 hours.

Maybe even a few "we'll smash you guys next time with a full list!" to affable Swans supporters.

They aren't an excuse, which separates our accountable supporters from your pathetic cry baby deflectors in Carlton land.

Win, lose or draw - just count the amount of injury references/cop outs from Carlton supporters on the main board over the next 24 hours.

Maybe even a few "we'll smash you guys next time with a full list!" to affable Swans supporters.
Nice melt and assumption - I don’t think we are genuine contenders in 2024 regardless of full fitness. Always thought 2025 is more likely.

Nice melt and assumption - I don’t think we are genuine contenders in 2024 regardless of full fitness. Always thought 2025 is more likely.
Calmly responding to someone who screeches "BUT THEY HAVE INJURIESSSS!!!!!" with a logical counterpoint. Then quite predictably you tell them they're melting. A hilarious lack of self awareness but I'm assuming you did that as a joke.

Your implication that injuries are being used as a cop out for last night's performance has fallen flat. Better luck next time.

P.S I did not say it was YOU making those excuses. I said to watch out for how many times your contemporaries roll out the excuses and deflection in the lead up to, during and after each Carlton match on the main board. You actually already called it out yourself in the Carlton/Sydney thread, so we both agree it is pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 7-0 start completely flattered them.

The last 3 weeks have been similar to the football they played last year.

There injury list is pretty healthy, only Danger, Hawkins & Cameron are pretty much out that would be in their team although they are big key posts.

Miers & Holmes had pretty decent games, their midfield is still pretty shallow if I'm being honest not that I can talk because us Richmond know that's a weakness of ours.

Calmly responding to someone who screeches "BUT THEY HAVE INJURIESSSS!!!!!" with a logical counterpoint. Then quite predictably you tell them they're melting. A hilarious lack of self awareness but I'm assuming you did that as a joke.

Your implication that injuries are being used as a cop out for last night's performance has fallen flat. Better luck next time.

P.S I did not say it was YOU making those excuses. I said to watch out for how many times your contemporaries roll out the excuses and deflection in the lead up to, during and after each Carlton match on the main board.
It’s not that deep, it is tongue in cheek. I live in Torquay and treat the Cats as another team of mine. It’s just light hearted banter hahahaha

It’s not that deep, it is tongue in cheek. I live in Torquay and treat the Cats as another team of mine. It’s just light hearted banter hahahaha
Okay, my mistake, I did think you were one of the good eggs.

The past day there's been a lot of very animated Carlton supporters with their tired old Geelong death riding. They're the ones I've called out when I see their whinging followed up by vitriol. The WalshIsAGoat guy is unhinged.

Okay, my mistake, I did think you were one of the good eggs.

The past day there's been a lot of very animated Carlton supporters with their tired old Geelong death riding. They're the ones I call out when I see their whinging followed up by vitriol. The WalshIsAGoat guy is unhinged.
No it’s fair enough man, I get where you’re coming from. We all have embarrassing supporters to be fair!

The 7-0 start completely flattered them.

The last 3 weeks have been similar to the football they played last year.

There injury list is pretty healthy, only Danger, Hawkins & Cameron are pretty much out that would be in their team although they are big key posts.

Miers & Holmes had pretty decent games, their midfield is still pretty shallow if I'm being honest not that I can talk because us Richmond know that's a weakness of ours.
There is also something called form. Our veterans and 26-29 year olds were playing much better rounds 1-7, which was enough to turn close losses to close wins. Last night was the first uncompetitive game where that wouldn't matter.

We've won 7, lost 2 thrillers and now finally had a blowout loss. That's middle of the pack form, we've just hit a rut at a bad time.

There is also something called form. Our veterans and 26-29 year olds were playing much better rounds 1-7, which was enough to turn close losses to close wins. Last night was the first uncompetitive game where that wouldn't matter.

We've won 7, lost 2 thrillers and now finally had a blowout loss. That's middle of the pack form, we've just hit a rut at a bad time.
Probably still top 4, some games down at Geelong will help. yeah, some bad form but still a little concerning with the way you guys giving up scores lately. usually that doesn't happen under Chris Scott.

Probably still top 4, some games down at Geelong will help. yeah, some bad form but still a little concerning with the way you guys giving up scores lately. usually that doesn't happen under Chris Scott.
The top 4 race is so wide that this form slump will probably prove costly. Lose next week and I think 5th-8th is more realistic. Win and we have a chance to redeem things.

3 weeks ago Geelong had about the 3rd or 4th best form line in the comp. The past 3 games it's been more like the 12th-14th best. So I'd sit us around 7th/8th currently with a chance to bounce back.

Teams besides Sydney will continue to wildly fluctuate with their performances for the remainder of the season. Hot streaks and ruts will occur to each finals contender.

I think a question should be asked of the Cats, do they genuinely have the worst midfield in the competition?

I'd say certainly bottom 2... Which begs the question, when was the last time a team went deep in September with one of the worst midfields going around? The Tigers were never star studded through the middle in their premiership years but they were a hell of a lot stronger than this.

Is there a quick fix? Holmes is more of an outside player but looked good in the 2nd half on ball, Danger will come back too but he's not the player he once was... Maybe Stewart into the guts is a trigger they need to pull?

Last edited:
The real question is: Will Geelong win a game for the rest of the season?
Well yes, they play us at kardinia, and have double ups against teams mostly bottom 8 (Carlton the only exception), they are still on track for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back