Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long ago we had that response to him playing VFL!

Imagine the devastation if he's actually out injured šŸ¤®
Wouldnā€™t Conway be listed as ā€˜out - injuredā€™?

Could see Conway coming in for this game before R1.

Stanley routinely gets absolutely smoked by Marshall and ROBā€¦ insert 5 day break after this game v Tim English and Conway coming in here v an average Hawks ruck (assuming Conway was fit) looked a monty.

If Tobes can just break even at his age and experience level against Reeves, I think Iā€™d consider that a win and a good building block.

Reeves is no star but he is a big unit.

Good luck big fella.

Heaven knows we be needing a decent ruckman.

Looks like it will be meek and chol reeves named in the vfl.

I 100% agree with youā€¦I would push Bowes back through 1/2 in VFL and have him primed for Gather Round. And Mannagh absolutely deserves to be in 23 - and IMHO adds to the team as part of best 23ā€¦.but I donā€™t think they are going to go that wayā€¦.in which case you will have a ā€œfree meltā€ on meā€¦. Maybe it changes over next 48 hours butā€¦

That would be crazy if they did..id drop mullin miles before mannagh..if its simply a rest for the 5 day break i could live with it but anything else and its just silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes not named in the VFL maybe an indication he is playing on Monday?
I'd say so. He really doesn't need a run in the VFL.

He's had a full summer, and although this month feels like it's gone on for years...he still played in March.

It's three and a bit weeks between games, after months of full training. If he's available (as per the club, but jury is out if that means anything) he should be playing in the seniors.

All I did was tell the truth. Miers is good but with that kicking style and absolutely no left side he will never be great. He had a good game against the Crows but even in that game, his flaws held him back. E.g. running around the player on the mark towards the boundary and kicking a set shot out of bounds on the full. I'd prefer he went back an extra 5 meters and kicked over the mark. But that isn't an option because it is not in his repertoire.
Fair enough, at least now you've evened it out with some recognition.

The set shot goal routine is absolutely fair game. But when it extends to his general passing and playmaking, I think he's showing good aptitude in these areas. And he's even got his mojo back for goals on the run.

Jesus that is a lot of changes to a winning side. I'm not sure that Bowes deserves a spot, the rest are straightforward.
It isā€¦but in the context of some late changes last week, 3 people returning from injury and a 5 day (travel) turnaround - we have special circumstances

FB: Henry SDK Kolo
HB: Holmes Stuart Guthrie
C: Blitz Atkins Duncan
HF: Miers Jezza Close
F: Stengle Hawk O Henry
R: Conway Bruhn Clark
Inter: Mullin MOC Dempsey Parfitt Bowes (sub)

Emergency: Stanley 2E Mannagh (all will likely play 5 days later)

When you type it out it is a pretty good team tbh - in particular with Danger and Guthrie to come back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back