Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, honestly I don't see good form as a tap you can just switch on, it takes a few weeks to get going. Maybe they can, but on what they've shown this year, they haven't got it going since they beat us.
Yeah thats fair enough mate. I'm just being overly cautious. Not that it makes a difference.

Still tipping Richmond mate?

edit - serious question. Always like to hear your views.

Well I think you sort of have to have it leaning their way a bit, and the odds reflect that. Favourites but not much between them. The sides were fairly similar in terms of in-season performance and I think Geelong has just as much, if not more, talent in the side than Richmond. Our form is also better. On the other hand Richmond have the grand final experience we don't (apart from a few and it's been a while and not as a group) and the wood over us as of late. Now that we've at least shown we can perform in a prelim I give us more of a chance than I have in finals in recent years. Decent argument for Geelong going in for this one. I've always believed they have the talent and now they seem to have shown some ability to rise to the occasion, but it would be incredibly foolish to not consider Richmond a huge challenge to overcome. Would have been more confident against Port despite the more recent loss.

Ive been told 2 rumours that sav is going to play from completely seperate associates. I swear they must of somehow co-ordinated to mess with me. I just dont know how they could possibly know each other.

I just don't see it happening :/

He's just short on 'game craft' to make it work, I think

I'll back him in if he's selected though

Well I think you sort of have to have it leaning their way a bit, and the odds reflect that. Favourites but not much between them. The sides were fairly similar in terms of in-season performance and I think Geelong has just as much, if not more, talent in the side than Richmond. Our form is also better. On the other hand Richmond have the grand final experience we don't (apart from a few and it's been a while and not as a group) and the wood over us as of late. Now that we've at least shown we can perform in a prelim I give us more of a chance than I have in finals in recent years. Decent argument for Geelong going in for this one. I've always believed they have the talent and now they seem to have shown some ability to rise to the occasion, but it would be incredibly foolish to not consider Richmond a huge challenge to overcome. Would have been more confident against Port despite the more recent loss.
100% how I feel. Forget comparisons to how they compare to sides from other eras - Richmond have comfortably been the best team over the past 4 years collectively. They have the know how, they sit atop the throne. Therefore, they remain favourites until someone proves capable of actually giving them a match on grand final day. Although they match up well on us and have a good recent record, there's a whiff of the streak vs Hawthorn before the 2013 prelim. Maybe we break the hoodoo in the biggest game there is. If it was at the MCG I just couldn't in good faith give Geelong a chance, even after the previous two excellent finals. At the Gabba, where Richmond last lost and Geelong are undefeated (playing their very best football there all season) it makes it an even money contest just about.

100% how I feel. Forget comparisons to how they compare to sides from other eras - Richmond have comfortably been the best team over the past 4 years collectively. They have the know how, they sit atop the throne. Therefore, they remain favourites until someone proves capable of actually giving them a match on grand final day.
I know they don't have the polish of other great sides, but my God in terms of their defensive capabilities, they wipe the floor with any I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they don't have the polish of other great sides, but my God in terms of their defensive capabilities, they wipe the floor with any I've seen.
Very true, great all-over-the-ground defence but then a superb unit of individual defenders too. With Nankervis drifting back as a rock of Gibraltar too. I'd love to see them against a worthy attack though - Brisbane, Hawthorn or Geelong's best units from this century. The attacking units of the past 5 years have been pretty ordinary and the midfields servicing them have also lacked the class to truly penetrate them.

One said henry and the other didnt say.
Unless injured, I'd feel pretty bad for Henry - I know he's had a couple of errors across the finals series (HTBs against Port & Lions), but thought he's been solid outside of that

No matter the team announcement tomorrow night and then the final team on Saturday, there's going to hard luck story either from someone as an emergency & not selected, or someone omitted

Oh! FMD!

😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

Fox is building Geelong for the win, big time 🙀 🙀 🙀

Brown/e Geelong in best form - all agreed
Chief 😩 😩 😩
Lyon 🙄 🙄 🙄
King 💩 💩 💩 Even! “Geelong hold all the Aces” 🤯🤯🤯
Montagna Blah! Blah! Blah! Geelong! Lenny Hayes! *Brown Eyes*

It's hard to see how Sav has enough form and game time under his belt to warrant such a move now, but then I did suggest him in for Dahl earlier in the piece.......

The forecast is for rain, and quite a bit of it. Sav isn't coming in unless Stanley or Blicavs are unavailable.

It's hard to see how Sav has enough form and game time under his belt to warrant such a move now, but then I did suggest him in for Dahl earlier in the piece.......
Numerous tigers fans have thought he would play given they are prone to struggling against that sort of player who can clunk pack marks.

but i agree cant see who they could possibly drop now. It would be almost a derek kicket level scandal that would distract far too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back