Preview Geelong v Richmond Friday May7 2021 7:50 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 8 Team
In: Shaun Higgins, Zach Guthrie, Sam Simpson

Out: Jordan Clark (omitted), Gryan Miers (injured), Quinton Narkle (omitted)

BacksLachie HendersonMark BlicavsJack Henry
Half BacksTom AtkinsTom StewartJed Bews
CentrelineIsaac SmithCameron GuthrieSam Menegola
Half ForwardsLuke DahlhausJeremy CameronShaun Higgins
ForwardsGary RohanTom HawkinsBrandan Parfitt
FollowersRhys StanleyMitch DuncanJoel Selwood
InterchangeBrad CloseSam SimpsonZach Guthrie
Zach Tuohy
EmergenciesEsava RatugoleaQuinton NarkleJordan Clark
Max Holmes

Miers out with a broken leg related illness apparently...
I guess all he needs to do is pop a few pills and he'll be fine to play on a broken leg

Teamsheet says no Sav. Z Guthrie still in as well as Dahl. Yuck.
Dahlhaus was good last week and unless injured he wasn't going to be omitted

He was lucky to hold his spot earlier in the season, but would be unlucky to be omitted after the last couple of matches

Simpson in for Narkle is a great in. More class ajd he actually works defensively.
Zuthrie over Holmes or Clark i dont understand..we have enough defenders even with kolo out...we need run and carry and those two bring it.
We will miss miers a lot hopefully close and dahl can cover his workrate.
Rata was never coming in this game Nankervis is a workhorse and rata doesnt have the tank to follow him off no pre season. But he will be in soon if stanley doesnt lift.

We better darn well put stewart on dusty this time..i understand why the coaches dont want to sacrifice him to that role but it has to be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Rioli and Castagna are not serious talents.

I just feel that they have better small forwards than ours.
Dahlhaus is past his best. Probably close to being dropped actually if not for a good outing last week.
Close is a goer but struggling to hold his spot in the best 22.
Narkle likewise.
Rohan is similar to Rioli. Far too inconsistent but when we are winning well, he's unstoppable.

The power forwards are very similar. Lynch's numbers this season are nearly identical to Hawkins while Riewoldt is in very good form averaging 2.8 goals per game.

Yep. I'm Zuth melting. Not sure who we're expecting him play on.
Good to see Simpson though.
Higgins meh. Not a bad replacement for Miers I guess. But will probs pull a hammy in the 2nd quarter.

So it appears there will be no Rata after all. Sound decision to hold him back for mine.
I guess he could still be a late in, but not upset if it's (at least) another week in the VFL rather to ensure he's right when he does get selected

I don't see it, but there's clearly SOMETHING the MC see in Zuthrie to keep picking him. I mean, he wasn't bad in the quarter-and-a-bit last week, but if the bar is set that low then Narkle and Clark were "OK" as well and shouldn't be dropped. Does feel like rules for some at times.

Thinking about it, they might have picked him to bring Blicavs into 2nd ruck more. Maybe they're not confident Henry can go with Nank so Zuthrie plays back more and frees up Blitz... maybe?

No he’s in the 22
Holmes, Sav, Clark or Narkle will be the sub and we’ll know in 40 minutes who that will be most likely
Probably keep 2 out so we have cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back