• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 53 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 52 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
No, problem gamblers give back what they win.

You can’t give back in football what you have already won.

It’s the dumbest analogy possible.

Look up Gamblers fallacy ya nong, you have it. Don’t go to crown please.

Look up Gamblers fallacy ya nong, you have it. Don’t go to crown please.

Look up trophy cabinet and ‘results’ on the AFL website.

It’s not actually possible to be this mentally inefficient, it really isn’t.

This has to be a deliberate attempt to palm yourself off as being silly, surely.

Gamblers win money, they have it, then they give it back and they get into debt.

What trophies or results, pray tell, are we going to give back?

Can you please, oh font of wisdom, tell us what we are going to give back, Falcon.

Look up trophy cabinet and ‘results’ on the AFL website.

It’s not actually possible to be this mentally inefficient, it really isn’t.

This has to be a deliberate attempt to palm yourself off as being silly, surely.

Gamblers win money, they have it, then they give it back and they get into debt.

What trophies or results, pray tell, are we going to give back?

Can you please, oh font of wisdom, tell us what we are going to give back, Falcon.

I’ve looked at the results it’s 13 to 10 in history.

This describes Geelong supporters to a T. Good 15 year streak equals cOnTeNd FoReVeR!!

IMG_0785.JPG

I’ve looked at the results it’s 13 to 10 in history.

This describes Geelong supporters to a T. Good 15 year streak equals cOnTeNd FoReVeR!!

View attachment 1975114

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we have already won.

It’s a pointless analogy, it wasn’t a random event was it, for starters.
It’s 35 years of random events overall, plus 20 years of random events in its current sequence if you want to go down that path, and again, we can’t give back what is already won and in the history books. So your analogy is utterly useless, and we have already beaten the system. If we were to drop off right now and do a north Melbourne for a decade, we have still already beaten the system and the results we already have are banked and cannot be given back

It’s a terrible and incorrect analogy and your inability to deal with this and put sporting achievement down to excellence rather than random chance is unnervingly dumb.

Tigers flags: random chance

Well done on getting lucky 😂

We now have the principle of heads/tails red/black gambling being applied to professional sport. That’s where we have landed.

If you can’t comprehend the basic premise of the analogy then I can’t help you. You’ve seen a previous pattern of a small sample size relative to the age of the club and extrapolated it out to infinity. It’s deranged, but you can keep giggling to yourself like a maniac if it makes you feel better.

You’d think finishing 12th last year would give you a hint but the Geelong selective amnesia set in like usual.

If you can’t comprehend the basic premise of the analogy then I can’t help you. You’ve seen a previous pattern of a small sample size relative to the age of the club and extrapolated it out to infinity. It’s deranged, but you can keep giggling to yourself like a maniac if it makes you feel better.

You’d think finishing 12th last year would give you a hint but the Geelong selective amnesia set in like usual.

The basic premise of the analogy is talking about events caused by random chance.

Professional sport is not random chance.

It’s a s**t analogy and repeating yourself over it won’t change that fact. The principle of the analogy is predicated on one random event being unimpacted by the previous.

A coin toss outcome is impacted by the result of the previous outcome.

A football club’s result is not unimpacted by its previous outcome.

Analogy dispelled.

Go on, let’s hear it 😂

I’m dying to see your new take on it.

Let’s hear how our current situation will somehow put us further back or something equally stupid

As he's said many times Richmond is 2 years more advanced in its rebuild because of when we won our last flags. We're at real risk of pushing back our rebuild by another 2 years here.

The basic premise of the analogy is talking about events caused by random chance.

Professional sport is not random chance.

It’s a s**t analogy and repeating yourself over it won’t change that fact. The principle of the analogy is predicated on one random event being unimpacted by the previous.

A coin toss outcome is impacted by the result of the previous outcome.

A football club’s result is not unimpacted by its previous outcome.

Analogy dispelled.

Let’s cut the crap.

Do you think you can keep contending forever? If yes, based on what?

Another question how successful do you rate Geelong as a whole compared to the other clubs. Give you ranking and reason as to why.

Let’s see how deluded you really are.

As he's said many times Richmond is 2 years more advanced in its rebuild because of when we won our last flags. We're at real risk of pushing back our rebuild by another 2 years here.

You guys aren’t rebuilding. How can you follow a club and not even know what it’s doing?

Your next KPF has played like what 5 games?

Let’s cut the crap.

Another question how successful do you rate Geelong as a whole compared to the other clubs. Give you ranking and reason as to why.

Overall we are behind what, Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn and Richmond.

In the modern era we are behind Hawthorn.

In the last 20 years we are behind no one and have been, by some distance, the most consistently high finisher with only Sydney within anything like a bull’s roar of us.

That’s not delusion. It’s reality.

Your inability to observe it is not anyone’s problem but your own and your pointless comparison to two-up doesn’t change that.

We can keep contending for right now and it’s all I really give a s**t about really because who the f**k wants to start a season with nothing to look forward to but sitting around a table after it finishes looking at teenage boys hoping they’ll turn into decent footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falcon is the best Caber Tosser in the business..

Always moving the posts.

GO Catters

Let’s cut the crap.

We've been contending since Rd 6 2007 ( 3 weeks before you were born) and the bitterness of your lot starting it off by getting flogged by us ( again) 35.12 to 9.11 makes it even more enjoyable -

We've been contending ever since.

The comp s**t itself for 3 years and you had your moment and now you are back to s**t stain irrelevance. Just accept it, take some notes on how to do it and let those left in your organsiation not bound for
Tassie or those who aint already bailed from the sinking mess they left behind take notes from the cutting edge team in the comp. You might even learn something - and for your sake I hope you do.

GO Catters

Last edited:
You guys aren’t rebuilding. How can you follow a club and not even know what it’s doing?

Your next KPF has played like what 5 games?
you blinked and missed it.... I know its easy... it was pretty quick... but we are back.

for the slower teams and their supporters in the comp.... it occured bw May and Dec 2023.

Go back and check.

Run along now.

Go Catters

Overall we are behind what, Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn and Richmond.

In the modern era we are behind Hawthorn.

In the last 20 years we are behind no one and have been, by some distance, the most consistently high finisher with only Sydney within anything like a bull’s roar of us.

That’s not delusion. It’s reality.

Your inability to observe it is not anyone’s problem but your own and your pointless comparison to two-up doesn’t change that.

We can keep contending for right now and it’s all I really give a s**t about really because who the f**k wants to start a season with nothing to look forward to but sitting around a table after it finishes looking at teenage boys hoping they’ll turn into decent footballers.

Right so, the Geelong method seems to be mediocre overall. Only 10 flags to show for it. Next.

We've been contending since Rd 6 2007 ( 3 weeks before you were born) and the bitterness of your lot starting it off by getting flogged by us ( again) 35.12 to 9.11 makes it even more enjoyable -

We've been contending ever since.

The comp s**t itself for 3 years and you had your moment and now you are back to s**t stain irrelevance. Just accept it, take some notes on how to do it and let those left in your organsiation not bound for
Tassie or those who aint already bailed from the sinking mess they left behind take notes from the cutting edge team in the comp. You might even learn something - and for your sake I hope you do.

GO Catters

I was born in 1997

I missed when Geelong were smashing us. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel threatened by you guys.

My legit only memories of GAJ was a loser in the 08 GF, playing his peak at the Suns and crying in the 2020 GF.

And Stevie J was just stinking it up at GWS trying to do smartass kicks in a prelim.

And Club wise we just smashed you every time when it matters.

You are 3 flags behind and are an older club. The Geelong way is pretty mediocre to say the least.

I was born in 1997

I missed when Geelong were smashing us. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel threatened by you guys.

My legit only memories of GAJ was a loser in the 08 GF, playing his peak at the Suns and crying in the 2020 GF.

And Stevie J was just stinking it up at GWS trying to do smartass kicks in a prelim.

You are 3 flags behind and are an older club. The Geelong way is pretty mediocre to say the least.

You missed the sequence between 2002 and 2016 where we won 21 out of 22 games by an average of just under 50 points and just happened to start following the game, and your team, when they started winning flags.

😂

This just continues to get better

You know the draft didn’t exist for 89 years of the competition right? In its existence there is only one club whose method has been better.

And it isn’t Richmond

Hawks?

And after the new change to the rigged f/s rules you can add Richmond to the list.

And in the modern era with team defences it is Hawks and Richmond equal 1. 3 flags to 1

Again Geelong is mediocre and 07-11 are ancient history in a bygone 1v1 era with tanking from new clubs. Next.

You missed the sequence between 2002 and 2016 where we won 21 out of 22 games by an average of just under 50 points and just happened to start following the game, and your team, when they started winning flags.

This just continues to get better

Ah Yes 2002 when I was 5

Everybody was smashing us. It wasn’t a Geelong thing.

I just love 3-0 finals QF,PF AND GF. Completed the trifecta. 🤣

Hawks?

And after the new change to the rigged f/s rules you can add Richmond to the list.

And in the modern era with team defences it is Hawks and Richmond equal 1. 3 flags to 1

Again Geelong is mediocre and 07-11 are ancient history in a bygone 1v1 era with tanking from new clubs. Next.

The same father son rule got Richmond its only decent player for 30 years between 1980 and 2010 😂

They might as well have scrapped it on the basis that it won your 50 per cent of its finals across three generations of the competition 😂

Ooooh it’s team defences now bahahahahahaha

What will you lean on next, the sub rule 🤣🤣🤣

Back