• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 52 29.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
I remember GAJ crying in his last game, is that who you are referring to? Did great 🤣

At least he was playing for a flag. Martin’s last is going to be playing for to help his team tank for a draft pick that they will probably stuff up and in keeping with his general attitude of late he won’t give a stuff anyway I’d imagine 😀

At least he was playing for a flag. Martin’s last is going to be playing for to help his team tank for a draft pick that they will probably stuff up and in keeping with his general attitude of late he won’t give a stuff anyway I’d imagine 😀

Yep like the last top 3 pick Richmond had. D Martin.

Or the one before that. T Cotchin.

:)

GAJ helped get you a shitty pick. That’s all he did.

We last had a top 3 pick in 1990 is my point. I had just started primary school and I'm now a middle aged man.

We've never had a top 3 pick since.

You better hope you don't get caught up in another Tiger champion avalanche then CTTF. If only we didn't have those top 3 picks, you would have 2 more flags. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins was an expected top 5 pick that you got for pick 40 under the f/s rules.

That's not Geelong's fault though, that's how the rules were back then.

Carlton haven't had a decent father son selection in years, and we will have to pay a hefty price for the Campo twins this year.

That's the way it goes.

Also nor sure if Tom Hawkins was ever projected to go top 5 in his draft year in phantom drafts.

That's not Geelong's fault though, that's how the rules were back then.

Carlton haven't had a decent father son selection in years, and we will have to pay a hefty price for the Campo twins this year.

That's the way it goes.

Also nor sure if Tom Hawkins was ever projected to go top 5 in his draft year in phantom drafts.
No but you can’t boast about Cats drafting skills when they had the biggest advantage in the history of the game short of using brown paper bags and roids.

No but you can’t boast about Cats drafting skills when they had the biggest advantage in the history of the game short of using brown paper bags and roids.

What advantage is that, exactly? Did no other clubs have access to this rule? Did your 800 goal key forward drafted under the same rule magically not get drafted under the same rule

Pick 2 is looking good. We’ll probably draft yet another player better than GAJ with it. Wouldn’t be too hard.
Will need about three G. Ablett Jnrs to dig the Tiggies out of this mess.

Let's just hope it's not another Tambling, Oakley-Nicholls, Fiora, Pettifer, Vickery, Conca type top 10 bust. Not sure the AFL will be as generous with priority picks these days as they were last time to help the Tigers of Old out of their mess.

What advantage is that, exactly? Did no other clubs have access to this rule? Did your 800 goal key forward drafted under the same rule magically not get drafted under the same rule

Ask the AFL, that’s why they changed it.

Will need about three G. Ablett Jnrs to dig the Tiggies out of this mess.

Let's just hope it's not another Tambling, Oakley-Nicholls, Fiora, Pettifer, Vickery, Conca type top 10 bust. Not sure the AFL will be as generous with priority picks these days as they were last time to help the Tigers of Old out of their mess.

We made a dynasty. You didn’t, that’s the difference.

We made a dynasty. You didn’t, that’s the difference.
You calling a 4-year period a dynasty won't make it true no matter how hard you want it to be so. Regardless, the Tigs managed to turn their AFL-gifted priority picks in Deledio and Rance into one premiership combined, Geelong's mastery of the father/son rule with Hawkins+Selwood landed seven combined premierships. You have to understand how funny these sorts of arguments look from the other side of the fence.

Back