Preview Geelong vs WCE - Sat April 24, GMHBA Stadium @1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Jarvis and no Kreuger...not liking the absence of those two names from this list at all.

Kreuger is injured

Haven't heard of any injury issues around Jarvis, so he may be playing seniors

There are an awful lot of comments about a goal from last week's game in this week's game thread.

Dahlhaus had about 0.23 seconds to decide what to do with it. He wasn't deliberately shafting SDK, he was 'doing the team thing' and ensuring the goal was kicked. Had he passed it off to SDK and he fumbled or was tackled or whatever, you'd all be up in arms about the stupidity of not taking the first option.

Farrrrr out.

There's actually an awful lot of angst from several posters here about one comment I made regarding not liking how that situation worked out for the young bloke. So, on this one level at least, I entirely agree with you.

Far out....

Fair enough. I thought it was ordinary. I'd hardly call pointing that out 'sooking'.

In the end, I raised it in one post here and copped a vociferous response from you. So I'm not quite clear on who's most struggling to let it go, actually.

I'm a bit with you on this one although on viewing the replay there wasn't a lot of time or space for Dahlhaus to move and let SDK take possession - I really hope he went to SDK afterwards and sympathised else that's a bit selfish for mine.
Likewise I hope Rohan apologised to Hawk for not doing the easy handball over the top when he took the shot.
Looking for a total team performance this week and the boys getting around each other after an inspiring win in which we hit some much needed form :thumbsu:

I'm simply curious : and if Chris Scott does unleash the team to play on instinct : trying to understand what it reveals.

As to your thoughts : The coach is fully responsible on how the team plays.
When Chris arrived as coach the team played a very attacking brand of football.
From the very start Scotts' main focus has been on improving the defensive side by balancing attack and defense .
His tempo brand of football has been evident for well over 6 years.
Chris has had plenty of time to change both the personnel and game style.
He could easily select Rohan running from half-back
Yet he continues to select a slow, low skilled backline.
6 years? You seem to have a short memory. We were not playing keepings off when we first recruited Dangerfield, we were sending it forward quick to try get Menzel in one on ones. We started keepings off when in an 18 month period we lost to retirement Mackie, Lonergan, Enright followed by Taylor and Henderson to long term injuries. That was 3 years ago not 6 and if we didn't do something to protect a backline we literally scraped together from a bunch of randos then we'd have been a laughing stock.

Out of interest, what defenders would you be picking to be robust in defence and rebound better in attack? If you're trading in or drafting for that back 6 which earlier selections would you have spent on defenders? Rohan off half back would be great until he goes missing for a quarter or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by his other shots Sam may have hit the post. I’m sure like a good team player he was happy the team got the goal.

Maybe that's why Dahl was beside himself after kicking the goal, then. Prevented a certain point by being in the right place at the right time.

I would suggest Rohan had a stint at half back when he was at the Swans. He's averaged 11 touches a game pretty much throughout his career so i don't a move to defence will make much difference. He's often great to watch but the big picture is that he can't be relied upon, especially in finals.

Will a crowd be allowed tomorrow? I tried to buy tickets yesterday for myself and my two girls, all I could find was standing room so it was a big pass, looks like I dodged a bullet.

Will a crowd be allowed tomorrow? I tried to buy tickets yesterday for myself and my two girls, all I could find was standing room so it was a big pass, looks like I dodged a bullet.
I imagine so but guessing anyone who traveled from Perth won't be allowed. First Brisbane now West Coast, which interstate team is visiting next??

I'd imagine not much different to the Brisbane game - all good for crowds, but if you're a spectator who's arrived from Perth this week then you may not be allowed to attend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back