No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say it has nothing to do with talent is laughable.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, a kid who went number 1 in the draft and was expected to be a superstar, failing to live up to expectations, failing to deal with the pressure of being away from family and failing to deal with injuries and the mental side of football, despite being blessed with all the talent in the world.

But if you want to interpret my statement as meaning you don't need talent, go ahead. Not what i meant at all and i think most knew that.

Yes, a kid who went number 1 in the draft and was expected to be a superstar, failing to live up to expectations, failing to deal with the pressure of being away from family and failing to deal with injuries and the mental side of football, despite being blessed with all the talent in the world.

But if you want to interpret my statement as meaning you don't need talent, go ahead. Not what i meant at all and i think most knew that.
was gonna give you a clip but it was just clumsily worded - knew someone would come for ya though, dd...........

"Just goes to show, how much about football is between the ears and NOTHING to do with talent".

Kind of hard to read it any other way, don't you think?

Peace out.

Any kid making it onto an AFL list has a certain level of talent.

What they then make of that opportunity often depends on their mindset, not their talent.

Not that hard to understand unless you deliberately don’t want to.

I just finished re watching the documentary 'The Draft' with Des, Rama and Fev. Its really interesting looking back with the benefit of hindsight and passing judgement on their respective careers.

So many red flags with Des and Fev. Its a shame Headland only played 166 games, i remember seeing him in his 1st or 2nd season and thinking, this kid is a superstar. Just goes to show, how much about football is between the ears and nothing to do with talent.
or......."Just goes to show, how much about football is between the ears quite separate from talent."

It's a choice how you read that original line I think.

"Just goes to show, how much about football is between the ears and NOTHING to do with talent".

Kind of hard to read it any other way, don't you think?

Peace out.

Not really if you had of read it in the context of the preceding sentence.

I thought it was pretty clear that i was highlighting, that despite Des and Fevs immense talent that their careers were marred by what i would call a range of off field problems.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would actually put them over the top compared to US sports, I believe.

The bit about being able to select or follow a player to quickly access all their highlights is particularly interesting. No more trawling YouTube, just see a player mentioned in the Draft thread, and bring them up in the app to see what everyone is on about.

this grotto guy might have a stroke very soon if you dont stop Arr0w

The very few sensible posters over there are, by and large, drowned out by a small number of overly hostile individuals whose bread and butter is just cheap point scoring by way of childish abuse. Not a particularly welcoming environment, that's for sure. We've had our share of Blues fans who are quick to lay the boot in to opposition visitors, but they're usually called out by our own if they get too combative, especially when the opposition poster is being respectful.

Tried to engage with them in an open discussion and it just gets answered with "But Carlton is s**t, lolz" as the poor dears try and up their like count.

Not worth the energy dealing with those sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back