No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, Jonesy and Carlton making this decision after final team list deadline. Does this leave the door still ajar?
My understanding is that he has 'retired', but because this 'retirement' came after list lodgement date, he is technically on our list for 2022. One effect was that we did not get a draft pick because of late lodgement, but we can replace Jones via SSP as Jones is now deemed 'inactive' for 2022 via retirement.

Whilst one could look at 'possibilities', the way I see it is that Jones won't be playing any AFL in 2022. And because he will effectively be 32 in 2023, I think it's time we moved on.

But, Jonesy and Carlton making this decision after final team list deadline. Does this leave the door still ajar?
I think the way it would work out is that we'd need to make a new contract, or both parties agree to use the 100k as part of his normal payment and just work around it.

Jones is still on our list according to the AFL. So this would be between Jones and Carlton.

That's just my guess, could be off base.

Then again, why would the club go back there after he's left us high and dry? Doesn't say much for unity or culture if that happens. We'd be sacrificing the very culture we are trying to build for a rental.

I could see taking the hit for a 10year player. Not for a 2 year player who's already missed half of preseason.

I think the way it would work out is that we'd need to make a new contract, or both parties agree to use the 100k as part of his normal payment and just work around it.

Jones is still on our list according to the AFL. So this would be between Jones and Carlton.

That's just my guess, could be off base.

Then again, why would the club go back there after he's left us high and dry? Doesn't say much for unity or culture if that happens. We'd be sacrificing the very culture we are trying to build for a rental.

I could see taking the hit for a 10year player. Not for a 2 year player who's already missed half of preseason.
That would depend on the reason's why he refused to be vaccinated. The Club were well aware of the situation, but chose to wait until after final lists to react. I know people who have refused vaccination due to close relatives having bad reactions. These same people are prepared to go down the Novavax path.

That would depend on the reason's why he refused to be vaccinated. The Club were well aware of the situation, but chose to wait until after final lists to react. I know people who have refused vaccination due to close relatives having bad reactions. These same people are prepared to go down the Novavax path.

Nah. He's anti-vax as evidenced by his Instagram account.

He could have asked for a medical exemption in the case you mentioned. Didn't.

Nah. He's anti-vax as evidenced by his Instagram account.

He could have asked for a medical exemption in the case you mentioned. Didn't.
A close relative having an adverse reaction is not grounds for a medical exemption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget, this is the bloke who almost gave the game away because of concussion concerns but doesn't care about concussing others behind play.

Good bloke.

Vale to an legend of Victorian Football/VFA .
Wish I had the opportunity to watch him play (a bit before my time)

Wish I got to see him play, from what i have read in comments (72 goals in 18 games etc) it sounds like Cook was a Plugger like figure in the old association.

I think the media in this country has become terrible over the past 20 years, lot of gotcha journalism and exaggeration. Nine has the means to fight anyone in court, perhaps they realised they weren’t going to win the case, and Sam and Caroline were exaggerating to get attention. I’m impressed with Collective Minds for taking them on.

I think the media in this country has become terrible over the past 20 years, lot of gotcha journalism and exaggeration. Nine has the means to fight anyone in court, perhaps they realised they weren’t going to win the case, and Sam and Caroline were exaggerating to get attention. I’m impressed with Collective Minds for taking them on.

I reckon so are Adelaide .. (at least the ones that stayed) ...

857bce8fd8fd35c2511a536002632e42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back