No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One rubbed out, one cleared, both correct imo
I agree the Caldwell bump was a contest and unfortunately it resulted in concussion. Shouldn't be a suspension.
But....... I thought the same thing with Plow last year.
Also if it is head high contact that results in concussion I thought it was going to get weeks.
What would I know

Sent from my SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

just summing up footy classified's take on * tonight:

200.gif

If I'm North, I'd be looking at cashing in on JHF this trade period. I think they could score multiple 1st rounders for him. They'll most likely get the number 1 pick, and I would understand if the AFL give them an end of first round priority as well. Imagine going into the draft with 4 first rounders! And be smart and trade a few of the older blokes for a couple 2nd/3rd rounders and try to up trade those.

Yeah it might suck losing JHF, but get the feeling he wasn't going to be a kanga for life anyway and he alone isn't going to bring you back from the depths of despair.
I like your thinking. I think his stocks have gone up rather than down/plateaud so maybe 2 first rounders, plus pick 1 or 2 would make for an interesting 'new' beginning. Possibility of moving on Goldy as well for a second or third rounder and all of a sudden, the makings of a new team.

If I'm North, I'd be looking at cashing in on JHF this trade period. I think they could score multiple 1st rounders for him. They'll most likely get the number 1 pick, and I would understand if the AFL give them an end of first round priority as well. Imagine going into the draft with 4 first rounders! And be smart and trade a few of the older blokes for a couple 2nd/3rd rounders and try to up trade those.

Yeah it might suck losing JHF, but get the feeling he wasn't going to be a kanga for life anyway and he alone isn't going to bring you back from the depths of despair.

I like your thinking. I think his stocks have gone up rather than down/plateaud so maybe 2 first rounders, plus pick 1 or 2 would make for an interesting 'new' beginning. Possibility of moving on Goldy as well for a second or third rounder and all of a sudden, the makings of a new team.

Seems unlikely... or at least would be damning on their stance from last year:

"...North Melbourne rebuffed interest from Adelaide and Richmond in its first-ever top choice. The Crows had offered pick No.4 and two first-rounders next year in exchange for pick one and a future second-round pick, with the Kangaroos not considering a move (a revised version, with likely a future third coming back instead, was also declined). Richmond also threw its hat in the ring, packaging picks No.7, 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones for No.1, but the Roos didn't budge."

Think... They could have had Rachele (a Vic) instead of JHF, plus two extra first round picks this year!

If JHF ups and leaves now, it will be humiliating for Norf. And while he'll command a fair compensation, I'd doubt it will be as good as the deal from last year.

"...North Melbourne rebuffed interest from Adelaide and Richmond in its first-ever top choice. The Crows had offered pick No.4 and two first-rounders next year in exchange for pick one and a future second-round pick, with the Kangaroos not considering a move (a revised version, with likely a future third coming back instead, was also declined). Richmond also threw its hat in the ring, packaging picks No.7, 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones for No.1, but the Roos didn't budge."

Think... They could have had Rachele (a Vic) instead of JHF, plus two extra first round picks this year!

If JHF ups and leaves now, it will be humiliating for Norf. And while he'll command a fair compensation, I'd doubt it will be as good as the deal from last year.

Perhaps. But you may also see Port Adelaide come to the party with a pretty tempting offer too. They've got plenty of flashy young kids, so a bull like JHF would probably suit them to a tee. Assuming Amon gets the big money offer from St Kilda or Hawthorn that's being spoken about, it could be enough for Band 1 compo. Two mid first rounders, or a mid first and end of first - packaged up with a future pick or mature player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. It wont happen but still, the "list manager" in us all would love to see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back