No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s going to be good times the next time * make the finals in 8th,the media will be saying that they are back, even after they lose the elimination final by 82 points.

Rinse and repeat with that s**t club.

Sincerely hope he's at peace with his decision (which it does seem like he is).

Absolutely electric to watch.

Seems a sad way for it to end but he's got to do what's right for him.

He designed this year's Sir Doug Nicholls round jumper for * too.

AFL and Gil listened to the fans for a change.

Literally shocked to be sitting here

Have to say I didn't expect this. As far as I am concerned, good news. There feels a sense of inevitability that GF will become a twilight game, but I do like the afternoon slot both in terms of tradition, and game spectacle.

Have to say I didn't expect this. As far as I am concerned, good news. There feels a sense of inevitability that GF will become a twilight game, but I do like the afternoon slot both in terms of tradition, and game spectacle.

Also pre game/early afternoon BBQs with family and or friends, I honestly wouldn't mind if they threw the TV networks a bone and had a twilight/night Grand Final every 3rd or so season, but nothing beats the whole event and tradition of a day Grand Final.

Don't forget bio rhythms!!!
A lot of folks have low bio rhythm between 4-6 pm. :sneaky:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is going on at AFL land where so many wonderful Indigenous players are retiring well well before their time. Every time it happens it's a loss to the game.

Clubs need to get their act together and do better to create a safe environment for their players.

I hate Essendon but this is disappointing news.

WTF is going on at AFL land where so many wonderful Indigenous players are retiring well well before their time. Every time it happens it's a loss to the game.

Clubs need to get their act together and do better to create a safe environment for their players.

Do we know why he has retired ?

AFL and Gil listened to the fans for a change.

Literally shocked to be sitting here

The new timeslot will be part of the new TV deal IMO.

It needs to stay at 2.30. Only the media (for some reason) are infatuated with it changing to a night game - which directly detracts from the spectacle itself.

They'll bang on about the entertainment and fireworks. Last I checked, I was over fireworks when I was 10. The entertainment is also a waste of time, the audio is sh1t, according to the artists themselves and people are so far away from the bands or artists, they need binoculars to see them. People don't go to the grand final to see the artists, they go for the game. THAT'S the spectacle!

Just my take on it.....

The demands are so high, that it takes the reason they started playing, 'fun' out of the game.

There seems to be no other logical reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back