General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FML.

Moved to Melbourne in 2007. Signed up member since 2008. Dees have been categorically shizen since. It's now 2017, ten years in Melbourne and the Dees look to finally have turned the corner. Now I get a job offer interstate to good to knock back l and I'm moving the family to Cairns in 4 weeks.

When the Dees win a final or more, you guys can thank me. I might have been the real hoodoo of the past decade.

FML.

Moved to Melbourne in 2007. Signed up member since 2008. Dees have been categorically shizen since. It's now 2017, ten years in Melbourne and the Dees look to finally have turned the corner. Now I get a job offer interstate to good to knock back l and I'm moving the family to Cairns in 4 weeks.

When the Dees win a final or more, you guys can thank me. I might have been the real hoodoo of the past decade.
Think it's you and me. I first became a member 2008. In fact, until very recently, I thought being deflated and feeling s**t and embarrassed most of the time WAS basically what supporting a club was about.

Oh and I found out that apparently I may be seconded to act in some stupid role in Brisbane in September for that month. Dickhead boss mystefied why I'm not excited by the opportunity

Think it's you and me. I first became a member 2008. In fact, until very recently, I thought being deflated and feeling s**t and embarrassed most of the time WAS basically what supporting a club was about.

Oh and I found out that apparently I may be seconded to act in some stupid role in Brisbane in September for that month. Dickhead boss mystefied why I'm not excited by the opportunity
Guess who is flying back to Melbourne every weekend?

Yep even Viney said he doesn't buy into 6 day breaks as a challenge

Yeah Goodwin as well said in his presser we identified this period in preseason and looked at it as an opportunity. I'm guessing training will not be very intense and aside from the travel which is also overstated I think they will be prepared well enough physically.

Love the new no excuses approach. Very refreshing

And me. Lifelong MFC fan and MCC members waiting list day I was born. Born in Geelong, lived in WA, QLD, NZ and now Sydney for 90% of my life. Only lived in Melbourne 2009-2015. Thanks, Neeldy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn right. They are pro athletes. Should be able to play a game 6 days after another one haha it's basically a week.

Also that sounds like ******* hilarious tv re bomber Thompson.

He basically countered by saying he always felt they probably had too many beers and it was a struggle to pick them up lol

But yeah its all excuses, basically they don't train just do recovery but it's only ever an excuse when teams lose.

How is the universal love for us in the media the past few days on the back of that win we've gone from flaky up and comers to next fairy tale premiership haha.

We really need to put in two big performances the next two weeks, a lot of extra attention now.

How is the universal love for us in the media the past few days on the back of that win we've gone from flaky up and comers to next fairy tale premiership haha.

We really need to put in two big performances the next two weeks, a lot of extra attention now.
Or we can do what we usually do to silence the speculation - lose badly, tumble out of the 8 and dash all hope. Either way works. ;)

It's ridiculous lol they'll sink the boots in if things turn. Still it's better than the universal shitcanning.

What's wrong with the sudden media hype is that, for some reason, we don't get the sickly "brave" tag that the Bulldogs had going all last year.

FFS - we've had exciting injuries to TWO ruckmen during the first quarter of games - with Jack Watts heroically getting knackered trying to backfill positions with a bench consisting of two. So where is OUR slow-motion sad montage accompanied by Coldplay songs?

It's too late now. Brave tends to indicate getting up in the dying minutes against the odds - so belting the reigning premiers over four quarters messes with the narrative. Also probably Bugg's instagram saves us from any truly nauseating fiction as well.

What's wrong with the sudden media hype is that, for some reason, we don't get the sickly "brave" tag that the Bulldogs had going all last year.

FFS - we've had exciting injuries to TWO ruckmen during the first quarter of games - with Jack Watts heroically getting knackered trying to backfill positions with a bench consisting of two. So where is OUR slow-motion sad montage accompanied by Coldplay songs?

It's too late now. Brave tends to indicate getting up in the dying minutes against the odds - so belting the reigning premiers over four quarters messes with the narrative. Also probably Bugg's instagram saves us from any truly nauseating fiction as well.

I've said it a few times before but the club hasn't got enough recognition for what we've done without two ruckman and a key forward.

I've said it a few times before but the club hasn't got enough recognition for what we've done without two ruckman and a key forward.
I agree. And its not just the personnel involved in the injuries that has been hard to manage - its when they occurred, which was during the first half of otherwise very winnable games.

On the other hand, I think the broader public got a bit fed up by being told how much they should admire the dogs last year, so maybe we escaped a publicity bullet there by not demanding love and attention.

I agree. And its not just the personnel involved in the injuries that has been hard to manage - its when they occurred, which was during the first half of otherwise very winnable games.

On the other hand, I think the broader public got a bit fed up by being told how much they should admire the dogs last year, so maybe we escaped a publicity bullet there by not demanding love and attention.
A little bit of respect for our season so far wouldn't hurt

I think we lost the ability to get that because Vince belted someone, then Lewis and Hogan, Salem. Feel like I'm forgetting one more haha. Plus Buggs just a dick hole but yeah no one seems to have noticed we are playing without the first 2 players picked in most sides positionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back