General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have an armchair membership for obvious locational reasons, but was planning to upgrade my membership to be able to then fork over more money for the GF Guarantee. Fortunately last year I set up my membership to automatically renew for this season, otherwise I may have done it straight off the bat, instead I decided to hold off, because I trust this team like I trust my 4 year old holding my chocolate bar ... one of my better moves recently.

I’ve got 4 if you’re interested
After seeing the changes im gonna ring up and cancel my auto membership bullshit. Only guarantee we've ever had is being a joke of a club. along the lines of my other post these campaigners couldnt get a root at the brothel. What a ******* joke ill legit buy a gcs membership next year for shits n giggles.

Not sure where to post this but looking to watch melb v rich in a couple of weeks. As I live interstate and am not a member, I was wondering is there a section to book tickets where it is likely to have some melbourne supporters around? (As Frank Costanzas Lawyer, I did once stop a lady who was considering jumping off a bridge). I think it might help soften the pain to have some Melbourne brothers around. Thanks

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was listening to RSN’s by the numbers podcast.

Interesting discussion on how teams score.

On average sides get 70 chances per game to score from turnovers and 35 from stoppages.

The last 12 premiers 11 have ranked top 3 for point differential from turnovers. The outlier being the dogs who ranked 5th in 2016.

On 360 kingy briefly discussed our drop off in scoring, we’ve gone from number 1 in the afl from scores from turnovers to ranked 17th

I have no idea on our turnover differential. Seeing as we are probably bottom 5 for scores for and top 5 for scores against I’m guessing it’s not looking good.

We also know we have very low post stoppage contested ball numbers, we aren’t a kick mark side either and we love to play on.

So this says to me this year, coupled with a poor pre season and a bad run of injuries Goody and co missed the boat on the way the game changed.

We developed a game plan heavily favoured to winning contest ball and scoring from stoppages.

Sides are kick/mark (less handball) the ball more to minimise turnovers and to set up stoppages. My thinking is it is fair easier to restrict scoring from a stoppage than a random turnover.

On average sides get 70 chances per game to score from turnovers and 35 from stoppages.
I'm not a scientist ... but those numbers seem a little off ...

I reckon you're spot on tho. Given we led the league in a huge amount of key indicators last season, and were widely considered to be one of the top few teams right in the hunt this season, I think a bunch of teams set about figuring out how to combat us, and a team full of underdone players, and a coaching staff that not only doubled down on last years game plan, but also refuse to come up with a plan b, have played right into it.

I'm not a scientist ... but those numbers seem a little off ...

I reckon you're spot on tho. Given we led the league in a huge amount of key indicators last season, and were widely considered to be one of the top few teams right in the hunt this season, I think a bunch of teams set about figuring out how to combat us, and a team full of underdone players, and a coaching staff that not only doubled down on last years game plan, but also refuse to come up with a plan b, have played right into it.

Those numbers were quoted from the Champion data bloke on the the podcast. How they determine what a scoring chance and what isn’t I’m not sure. I guess they class a stoppage win as a chance to score but then you turn it over and its a scoring chance the other way.

Not sure where to post this but looking to watch melb v rich in a couple of weeks. As I live interstate and am not a member, I was wondering is there a section to book tickets where it is likely to have some melbourne supporters around? (As Frank Costanzas Lawyer, I did once stop a lady who was considering jumping off a bridge). I think it might help soften the pain to have some Melbourne brothers around. Thanks

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app
do you still wear s cape?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I was listening to RSN’s by the numbers podcast.

Interesting discussion on how teams score.

The last 12 premiers 11 have ranked top 3 for point differential from turnovers. The outlier being the dogs who ranked 5th in 2016.

On 360 kingy briefly discussed our drop off in scoring, we’ve gone from number 1 in the afl from scores from turnovers to ranked 17th

I have no idea on our turnover differential. Seeing as we are probably bottom 5 for scores for and top 5 for scores against I’m guessing it’s not looking good.

We also know we have very low post stoppage contested ball numbers, we aren’t a kick mark side either and we love to play on.

So this says to me this year, coupled with a poor pre season and a bad run of injuries Goody and co missed the boat on the way the game changed.

We developed a game plan heavily favoured to winning contest ball and scoring from stoppages.

Sides are kick/mark (less handball) the ball more to minimise turnovers and to set up stoppages. My thinking is it is fair easier to restrict scoring from a stoppage than a random turnover.
Annoying that we doubled down on the contested/stoppage gameplan when WC won the premiership and smashed us in a prelim with a kick/ mark game.

The drop in scoring from turnover just points to the terrible connection between forwards and mids to me. If we were scoring from centre bounce stopages that would be great, but it seems like its because our entries are so bad it takes repeat F50 stopages to score that in a functional forward line would simply be scores from turnover.

It would be interesting to see where the turnovers occur compared to last year. Due to our terrible forward pressure you'd think it would be a lot closer to the centre. I think it shows how desperately we need to chnage our defensive forward setup and personelle, rather than playing 5 HFF and Preuss.

Annoying that we doubled down on the contested/stoppage gameplan when WC won the premiership and smashed us in a prelim with a kick/ mark game.

The drop in scoring from turnover just points to the terrible connection between forwards and mids to me. If we were scoring from centre bounce stopages that would be great, but it seems like its because our entries are so bad it takes repeat F50 stopages to score that in a functional forward line would simply be scores from turnover.

It would be interesting to see where the turnovers occur compared to last year. Due to our terrible forward pressure you'd think it would be a lot closer to the centre. I think it shows how desperately we need to chnage our defensive forward setup and personelle, rather than playing 5 HFF and Preuss.
Althought it does need work , at different times this season for different reasons everyone of our starting forward 6 has missed multiple games for injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see this getting up if building over the railway lines couldn't get any traction... pardon the pun for any gunzels out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back