News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Really seems uncharacteristic by the ITF when they were flexible with their rules for Dasha playing Fed Cup. I have doubts now whether they would give the green light to Millman and Thompson playing in Rio if they are this draconian re Wozniacki.

Mind you then anyone could sight an injury and just not play Fed Cup.

Need to take the must play in 2016 rule out though, disadvantages someone like Wozinacki who had an unlucky injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olympics entry list has been announced. most of the big mens players are also playing in the doubles. still not fully confirmed on the mens side yet.

Dasha has been named and is a go for Australia. she will play singles and doubles with Stosur. the Gooch is an Olympian with Peers partnering him in the doubles.

in the singles, we have the Kokk(!!!!) and Millman

to the above, Woznacki has been allowed to play.

ps. Will add that it is great that most of the top men and women really care about the Olympics. it is once every 4 years so it is not a huge sacrifice. it is really rare to see Nadal, Fed and Nole all playing doubles in the same tournament.

It looks especially good when you compare it to golf. the likes of Serena, Fed and Nadal are a huge part of why this has continued to be the case and it looks like it will continue.

Didn't we joke about The Gooch being selected? o_O At least it's not Hewitt I suppose. Happy for Millman as I know he wanted to go. A bit surprised re Kokkinakis given he hasn't even started competing again yet. No doubles team for the women?

Glad they saw sense re Wozniaki.

Last edited:
Didn't we joke about The Gooch being selected? o_O At least it's not Hewitt I suppose. Happy for Millman as I know he wanted to go. A bit surprised re Kokkinakis given he hadn't even started competing again yet. No doubles team for the women?

Glad they saw sense re Wozniaki.
yeah, i think it was always going to happen. she would have played in the tie if she didnt get injured. ITF still havent ruled on Nadals case yet. hopefully we about it later tonight.

Doubles is Stosur and Dasha. we find out the mixed teams during the tournament.

Guccione is the 2nd ranked doubles player (at 48). Reasonable that he would be there with Peers. Makes him a two-time Olympian now too because he played singles in Beijing.

I get the impression this is an eating disordering, this is sad the pressure to be thin. She doesnt' look well.

Giving up a sporting career messes with your head a bit. I knew someone who had a promising basketball career but injury curtailed it and she developed an eating disorder as her way of coping with the situation, a way of being in control of things when she wasn't in control anymore. Thankfully it she is better now but it wasn't really pressure to be thin just more about trying to cope with circumstances beyond her control.

One thing I thought strange with Bartoli was her sudden retirement. She wins a slam and then retires straight away? That never added up to me. More to come out about that I think.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back