• End of 2017

• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah my issue is it still seams like the players don't care enough. I'm hopeful that's not the case, but if so, then that has to come down to coaching. Even these bloody last quarter fade outs. It's clearly mental, so again, that's on the coaching staff.

I'd like to give simmo the time to shape the list and do something with it, but it seems like he's done all he can, and realistically, he should've done better with what we have, so I'd be happy either way, stay or go.

If Scott goes to GC, then maybe it's simmo to Norf and someone else to coach us?? What's Malthouse up to these days ;)

I distinctly remember Simmo's first 3 games where we won each by 80+ points from memory and he looked pretty unhappy after each win saying we had a lot to work on. Make no mistake, he understands the state of the list very well and poor list management hasn't helped to rectify it. The draft last season seemed to be a positive step in the right direction (we actually drafted a small forward, a miracle in itself) and they've done a bit to address the state of the midfield in trading in Redden and Jetta. They were a fail last season but seem to be coming on but the issue is the players seem to be a close-knit group and Priddis is obviously very popular so as much as we'd like to see him gone ASAP I'm afraid it could lead to losing the players completely. Rawlings seems to be doing an adequate job this season so let's see what happens this off-season.

In my opinion the players should just suck it up and understand what's best for the club but w/e, easy to say from an outside point looking in.

With Mitchell and Priddis movin on we need another Lewis Redden type injection that works . The thing is every other club injects and improves its list as well. Masten Priddis have been crap this year not Simmos fault and Shuey even has dropped off. We have been smashed in the centre with no genuine ruck at all. Will wait and see these changes for next year.

He is a coach bereft of ideas. I don't know what has happened since the 2015 grand final but he clearly hasn't won over the players, as they don't seem to have the passion or desire to play hard contested footy on a consistent basis.

Woke up and saw the score WTF? 17th vs 7th on our home ground?
Weren't we 50 to 28 or something at half time? WTF?
Then, we managed to close out a game against the 17th side and I bet Simmo was all, we were brave for not rolling over in the last? (against the afore mentioned 17th placed GWS seconds)

THEN, I see this
upload_2017-8-13_6-19-14.png

He's a funny bloke Simmo. SHould do stand up.
I want him to go again next year, and I like him but he is losing me as a fan, rapidly. He is coaching for his job now, and s**t like this just confirms it for mine.

Fan or not, I hope we get smashed by GWS, I really do.

"can beat the best despite struggling against the worst"...,,
I know clubs lift for big games but ours isn't one of them. We have rarely shown grit, blood & heart when its all on the line for years now.

Our structures are non existent..
We have one of the best kicks in the league taking kick outs (Hurn) and can barely clear the scoring zone. Combine that with Gov/Yeo/Barass aerial prowess and Petrie/Vardy, how are we struggling so much...
Hurns dumb decisions aren't helping and our structures probably aren't helping him.

I'm not sure about you guys, but whenever an opposition supporter weighs in on the Eagles they tend to always tell me similar things.

"I don't know what it is about West Coast, such a talented list, they've got good players everywhere and yet seem to just underperform.."

Along those lines :handpointup:

Last night was the straw which broke the camels back with me on Simpson. The players honestly couldn't give a *. I actually thought they were tanking at periods. Amazing they could become THAT bad THAT quickly. It all comes back to the coach, and captain. Both need to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure about you guys, but whenever an opposition supporter weighs in on the Eagles they tend to always tell me similar things.

"I don't know what it is about West Coast, such a talented list, they've got good players everywhere and yet seem to just underperform.."

Last night was the straw which broke the camels back with me on Simpson. The players honestly couldn't give a ****. I actually thought they were tanking at periods. Amazing they could become THAT bad THAT quickly. It all comes back to the coach, and captain. Both need to go.
Do you think we could trade Simpson for Ellis-Yolmen?

Last night was the straw which broke the camels back with me on Simpson. The players honestly couldn't give a ****. I actually thought they were tanking at periods. Amazing they could become THAT bad THAT quickly. It all comes back to the coach, and captain. Both need to go.
Agree that they looked like they were tanking. They stopped when several times they could have been in the contest 1 on 1. On field leadership is lacking. Could imagine Hodge lewis roughead getting up players putting in pea hearted efforts. Simmo should be like a psychologist and be right into the leadership group. Stay in the contest if nothing else it adds pressure. I dont listen to his press conferences because he doesnt address the solution . "We ve been working hard on addressing that " doesnt cut it with me. I stopped listening to Priddis media and I wonder if the players arent listening to the crap dribbled out to them by senior players and coaches.

bombers just beat the blues the week before (lucky to escape)
Many here were deluded to think it would be an easy game.
What the last quarter showed was that when the players lift their intensity to an AFL level we are very competitive.

But there is a problem

Absolutely. People always want heads to roll but I wonder if they look at Essendon, Port, Melbourne, St Kilda and think heads need to roll there because they are no better team than we are. Melbourne has more upside due to their draft picks, but others I dont see it.

There needs to be some perspective. Do people think Geelong need to sack everyone, not being able to win without Dangerfield?

We dont think there are catastrophies at those clubs. that they are in shambles. shocking.

Only we think that after a win, as though we had a choice whom we played this week and we chose Carlton just to ensure a win!

Absolutely. People always want heads to roll but I wonder if they look at Essendon, Port, Melbourne, St Kilda and think heads need to roll there because they are no better team than we are. Melbourne has more upside due to their draft picks, but others I dont see it.

There needs to be some perspective. Do people think Geelong need to sack everyone, not being able to win without Dangerfield?

We dont think there are catastrophies at those clubs. that they are in shambles. shocking.

Only we think that after a win, as though we had a choice whom we played this week and we chose Carlton just to ensure a win!
When the guys go out there with as much intensity as when they're going down the park for a Sunday picnic there's a big problem within the club. You can keep sticking your head in the sand all you want but it's been happening since the start of last season and we're not going to win anything while it persists.

When the guys go out there with as much intensity as when they're going down the park for a Sunday picnic there's a big problem within the club. You can keep sticking your head in the sand all you want but it's been happening since the start of last season and we're not going to win anything while it persists.

Absolutely its not going to win anything. but simpson has already said there will be changes. in fact he has already enacted changes with so many young players playing or given a chance. I dont think anyone is saying we can win anything as things stand. But you build a team and you add to it and work on things. Last year, we won 15 games, and its reasonable to assume by adding players and improvement from duggan, sheed and barrass and maybe nelson, it would improve us. you cant just always rebuild! you need to build!

So building didnt work and thats why coaches have started bringing more young players in without losing the playing group. you cant make big changes to personnel until end of year and simpson is clearly aware of the issues.

If for you things are black and white then so be it. realities are different. whether you like it or not. should Chris Scott be sacked because geelong are inconsistent, lack of proper drafting and too reliant on danger? are there massive issues there within the team, which are evident but is it a crisis or are they trying to resolve and build?

we need a new midfield, everyone knows it. but really, you need good draft picks and there are only a couple of ways of getting them. trade good players or slide down the ladder.

I'm generally pretty ampt for Sunday picnic - delicious salad, moist roast chicken, cold drinks in a fridge bag with ice and a block of chocolate. Make sure I take the picnic rug with cushions, the Frisbee, Vortex, footy and the briscola cards. Hats and sunglasses.

s**t did I just get more intense about an imaginary picnic than our some of our players looked at the game last night?

Absolutely its not going to win anything. but simpson has already said there will be changes. in fact he has already enacted changes with so many young players playing or given a chance. I dont think anyone is saying we can win anything as things stand. But you build a team and you add to it and work on things. Last year, we won 15 games, and its reasonable to assume by adding players and improvement from duggan, sheed and barrass and maybe nelson, it would improve us. you cant just always rebuild! you need to build!

So building didnt work and thats why coaches have started bringing more young players in without losing the playing group. you cant make big changes to personnel until end of year and simpson is clearly aware of the issues.

If for you things are black and white then so be it. realities are different. whether you like it or not. should Chris Scott be sacked because geelong are inconsistent, lack of proper drafting and too reliant on danger? are there massive issues there within the team, which are evident but is it a crisis or are they trying to resolve and build?

we need a new midfield, everyone knows it. but really, you need good draft picks and there are only a couple of ways of getting them. trade good players or slide down the ladder.
I just don't think we've really given that many opportunities to young guys, he's not playing anymore young guys than he was at the start of the season he's just rotating them in and out of the side so you don't notice. We started out the season playing 3, 4 or 5 guys who have played under 50 games and the last two weeks we've been playing 4 guys who've played under 50 games. Nothing's really changed that much.
Now I'm not saying Simpson should be sacked because we're not winning and we're not looking like being a finals threat, I'm saying Simpson should be sacked because he can't motivate the players to play at more than a jog for most of the game, his game plan sucks, this corralling bullshit sucks, and he keeps persisting with his runs on the board selection policy. You can point to Masten, Priddis etc and tell me that he's dropping these guys which is fine, but then he just brings them right back in at the expense of a young guy a couple of weeks later.

I'm generally pretty ampt for Sunday picnic - delicious salad, moist roast chicken, cold drinks in a fridge bag with ice and a block of chocolate. Make sure I take the picnic rug with cushions, the Frisbee, Vortex, footy and the briscola cards. Hats and sunglasses.

s**t did I just get more intense about an imaginary picnic than our some of our players looked at the game last night?
Man, I really feel like a picnic now. Did you just inspire me more about a Sunday picnic than Simpson's been able to inspire our players about football all year?

How would you expect him to react?
giphy.gif

Those clubs have the highest turnover of coaches for a reason.

They haven't been winning.

We have one of the lowest turnovers of coaches because we win generally.

Simpson is not winning last year (smashed in a home final) or this year and while it is only a small sample size it reveals a lot about Simpson and the playing group.

Most people would recognise that we have a list capable of finishing 4-6 on the ladder. Even top 3 if we had nicnat.
The problem is Simpson can't seem the get the players to play consistent hunger football. Giving up games like we have all year is a result of the players not happy with the coach or coaching staff imo.

He has no idea what he's doing and he's lost the players as a result.
They aren't buying what he's selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back